+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Last Word Hotfix

Last Word Hotfix

Quote from: Bornakk (Source)
    1/5/10

• The proc for the item, The Last Word, has been greatly increased to allow for more continuous uptime.

Last Word - Items - Sigrie

There was a somewhat recent post on trying to establish the worth of this weapon's proc. From what I got from it, everyone was leaning towards it depending on the proc rate. Now that Blizz has "greatly increased" the proc rate, how do think this item will weigh up?

Question I have about the proc is it a base multiplier of the heal? That would be too good to be true...
    Or is it a static +300 addition to each heal? Which seems somewhat weak...

static +300 to each heal (of course for HoTs it would be the total heal, so if the whole hot healed for 10k it would now heal for 10.3k).

Even with 100% uptime this weapon is still crap, imo.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    static +300 to each heal (of course for HoTs it would be the total heal, so if the whole hot healed for 10k it would now heal for 10.3k).

Even with 100% uptime this weapon is still crap, imo.
    I would agree. However I am probably biased because I prefer hard stats that are always there for you and not procs.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    I would agree. However I am probably biased because I prefer hard stats that are always there for you and not procs.
    I posted this in another thread, but I think that the Lithmus test for this is going to be BQS. Would you rather have the BQS proc than this proc? I would. Do you use other weapons over BQS? Yes, then due to the transitive properties of mathematics, anything > BQS is > Last Word.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Do you think this proc would affect enraged regen for warriors? If so that might be something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohkay View Post
    Do you think this proc would affect enraged regen for warriors? If so that might be something to consider.
    If it did it would probably have the same benefit as a HoT would. So rather than healing for 300 more a tick, it would heal for a total of 300 more. Fully raid buffed I'm at about 55k, 30% of that is 16,500, so if the proc helped, it would be 16,800 healing done which is a 1.785% increase in the healing done by enraged regen.

Again, close to insignificant imo.

Look at the spell details, it looks like it'll basically give all your healers 300 more spellpower when healing you:
    Blessing of Light - Spell - World of Warcraft
    Does this change your opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaio View Post
    Look at the spell details, it looks like it'll basically give all your healers 300 more spellpower when healing you:
    Blessing of Light - Spell - World of Warcraft
    Does this change your opinion?
    Not especially, not for me at least. For pallies spell power is one of the worst throughput stats. Like yes, it sacrifices nothing for them, but it does sac a lot for me. If it somehow was like an aura or could effect ranged for raid healing then I might agree.

Idk, I just think you give up too much. When we went through our logs last night there were times on festergut when he was at 2 stacks where us tanks would tank 100k damage in 5 seconds, and we were healed through it just fine because we have massive amounts of EHP to do so.

I will admit that it is better if it acts as if the healers had 300 more spell power, that is very good. My only issue is that MT healers are usually pallies, disc priests, or resto shaman, and while I will not admit to knowing a lot about healing theorcraft, but for pally/resto shaman there are much better throughput stats than spell power, I have no idea about disc priests though. I will say its probably better for healers because there is no sacrifice for them, but I just don't think it's necessary and I'd rather have a weapon that helps me out better.

Idk... all this is just kind of me thinking outloud. If someone can provide numbers and prove me wrong I am more then willing to listen to arguments to see if it is good, but my gut reaction is: not worth it.

I'm inclind to agree with you, Agg. I'm using GQS right now and even compared to that, 300 spellpower on my healer(s) doesn't seem like it would help as much.

+ Reply to Thread