+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WOULD love some advice on gear / enchantments

WOULD love some advice on gear / enchantments

Think I posted my question in the wrong section before !opps so here it is: also here is my amory link
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Hi there I have been playing wow for some time as a NELF warrior and love the role of tank but with ICC was wondering if there is anything i may need to change? (esp with the chill of the throne etc..) I have always worked hard to get the best gear I can and enchant and gem it up but after chatting to some tanks was wondering if there was something I may need to change to my current set up.. I notice loads of tanks go stam gem mental eg soild blues all round ....Where I have always gone for stam but also dodge/ parry hit and exp...to get a good balance ...I get 47k hp on 25 icc when full buffed etc...but should I change my current outlook...eg are stam gems all round the way to go.... or best to get more stam less exp etc.. also I have ench and bs which are great for the ring and sockets but do you think that JC would serve me better than ench?(ench does make me nice gold as well!)....So any help and advice would be great

cheers in advance Dizz

HALP Forum -------> That way.

That said, your spec is somewhat whack, check some of the guides around here for a good one, or even mimic mine. Cruelty is useless, imp spell reflect is good for gimick fights but not good enough to keep in your regular spec. Keeping both shield spec and focused rage maxed out is not optimal in most situations, I'd take 2/5 SS and 3/3 FR, or just 5/5 SS. You may want to finish imp disciplines off, imp charge, impale and deep wounds for threat, or drop that one point from imp charge, and put more into defensive or shout talents to max survivability.

Your gemming is somewhat whack too, you went for every socket bonus which is not optimal. Drop all your hit gems, not needed. Any bonuses that are for less than 9 stamina or no stamina at all should be foregone for a blue stam gem. 9 or more stam warrants either def/stam, dodge/stam or expertise stam. After 26 expertise skill, go for dodge/stam.

Also, get some trinkets with stamina or armor on them, static. Those two don't do much benefit for you. All of these changes will make your stats much more optimal to tank ICC.
    Last edited by Dreadski; 01-06-2010 at 07:11 AM. Reason: Trinkets
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

What he said ^

You also might check the guide in my sig.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

looks like i have some home work to do when I get home this evening but thanks for the advice ! can I just ask what the abreviations were relating to where you suggested talent trr chenages just so I can see:

also any warrior set ups in amory that you can suggest I look at and indeed mimic thank you for you r help

You can look at mine if you want. I currently have my max HP gear on though, sometimes I'll switch out band of the traitor king for clutch of fortification and/or the second jug's vit for glyph of indominability depending on the fight.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

The talents are SS = Shield Specialization, FR = Focused Rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Moved to HALP! forum.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread