+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Icecrown Rotface

Slime spray is very easy to avoid. You don't have to be completely out of in front of him. It's like a 45-90 degree cone. We just basically scatter around the boss instead of having fixated positions. If the boss turns in your direction you have to move a step or two depending on if he was targeting you or the person next to you. Think of it like a clock face. If you have the raid split into 12 groups around the boss and the boss looks at 2 o'clock to cast... 2 o'clock people need to move to either 12 or 4 (at least 2 away) while 1 and 3 people need to move only 1 away. Now only 1 quarter of your raid has to move instead of half of it. People who typically do better on DPS for this fight actually minimize their movement, if they only have to take one step, they will take one and resume their role.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Unless something has changed since 2 weeks ago when I MTed him last, the target of slime spray is displayed in the target-of-target frame while the initial channeled cast is happening. We were calling out the target and everyone else's move direction when he picked someone.

I have a problem with this fight. In one of my 10man's for ICC. Our group two is stuck with two warrior tanks. I'm wondering what skills a warrior needs to use in-order to kite that big ooze.

Thanks

As a warrior tank, I can kite the ooze just fine.
    Thunderclap, demoshout and shockwave makes for great aggro on them, without actually getting into meleerange.
    If 2 big ozes spawn, I taunt the second and use heroic throw on it.
    I also throw a shieldblock-shieldslam on each newly-spawned Big ooze (they are stunned for about 1-2 sec right when spawning).

is there a video for the HM of this fight? 10 or 25
    When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity. - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Daimon View Post
    is there a video for the HM of this fight? 10 or 25
    No video, but it's really, really easy. The only real change is that you need to keep some people at range because the vomiting mechanic from Festergut is active. So just have some 7 or 8 ranged DPS (3 in 10man) spread out around the boss, 10-15 yards away from everyone.

Also, the slime pools now slow players down a lot more, so watch out for them.

Other than that, it's the same fight. The oozes begin to spawn quite fast near the end of it, but it's still no big deal.

Are there no videos of Rotface herioc? cant seem to find them anywhere

We are having real trouble with the oozes. Not so much with getting them to combine, actually that part's pretty easy, but staying alive while kiting them.
    Both myself and the DK tank tried our hand at it, both times the oozes beat the snot out of and killed us before we even hit 50% on Rotface. In the end, we just had the hunters do it, since they were the only ones who seemed to be able to stay alive while doing it.
    I'm not sure if we were doing something wrong with mechanics or abilities, or if we just lack on HP for that particular component of the fight...

idk what you mean by you cant stay alive kitting? you dont "tank" them, you just get enough aggro and run in a circle, and a DK is the best tank for it, IT and DC spam and you're set. A DK can even be in DPS gear:
    For that fight you need a check list like this one:
    1- Does the disease gets dispelled ASAP AND the player with the little ooze runs out immediately to meet the the other small ooze or big ooze (a common mistake is ppl running toward the kitter instead the ooze)
    2- Does ppl stack in the middle, behind the boss?
    3- Does everybody moves away the vile spray?
    4- Does everybody runs out right when DBM tells you to run and not before nor after?
    5- Does the kitter tank ensures the ooze doesn't spit in melee by facing the ooze in any other direction?
    6- You cast BL/heroism at the beginning?
    7- Is your raid DPS low like bellow 6k or lower?
    8- Does your MT dies when ppl is running away from the explosion?
    9- Does the raid regroup properly after an explosion?
    10- Does the kitter runs too close or too far away from the raid? too close gives extra dmg, too far is a bigger lost in DPS and possibly oozes stacking fast at the end.

See if that helps you.
    When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity. - Albert Einstein

All I have ever done on that fight is ooze management, so....

Its pretty much a pure kite fight for the OT.

1. Keep enough threat to prevent the big ooze from agroing the healers.
    2. Keep your pathing circle wide enough that the big ooze AE doesn't tick on the raid
    3. Prepare WELL in advance if you need to change directions due to the ooze tanks flooding in your path
    4. Runspeed enchant your boots
    5. Don't get caught
    6. Chains of ice is your friend...especially with increased range and reduced cost talents
    7. Don't get caught
    8. If you do have to run through the flood...use every damned cooldown you have, you'll need it

Regarding the person asking about heroic mode videos, if you were doing it properly on easy mode, its the exact same fight with an extra stun/snare coming in randomly from putricide. Nothing really significant changes unless you were somehow cutting corners in the easy mode version of the fight. More health, more damage, less margin for error.

Quick question, when there's the unstable ooze explosion (aka "angry poo-poo") does the MT (who is tanking Rotface) move as well? I notice in the video that Rotface stays where he is (along with a couple of the trees), but I usually run along with everyone else, and then bring Rotty back to the middle of the room after the explosion. Is this point unnecessary?

I moved because if enough of them hit you they will kill you.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Hi. (Paladin Tank)
    My guild barely has enough people on vent for this fight most of the time, I am the offtank though, and whenever i get the slimes, people always run away from me and not to me so the slime doesn't stack up and explode.
    I learnt Large Oozes can join together, some of them Vanish.
    When i kite the big ooze i get told to cure disease off people, But when im kiting the ooze, my cleanse wont work on anyone.

Am i ment to Kite/Cleanse or aint the priest/druids/shamans ment to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Livoranias View Post
    Hi. (Paladin Tank)
    My guild barely has enough people on vent for this fight most of the time, I am the offtank though, and whenever i get the slimes, people always run away from me and not to me so the slime doesn't stack up and explode.
    This has nothing to do with vent. This has to deal with spacial awareness. People have to be aware of where the kiter and the big ooze being kited are located. This is typically accomplished with either raid markers (often placed on a following non-combat pet for the kiter since boss mods may replace the icon on the kiter themselves) or by zooming out futher and enabling hostile name plates so you can see the position of the ooze where you need to run at any time you get the debuff. Additionally, some addons such as HUDMap may also assist in directing you in the direction to the kiter (if the addon can determine who the kiter is).

I learnt Large Oozes can join together, some of them Vanish.
    This isn't exactly true. Oozes when they come together always merge, however this always results in the stack increasing. They never simply vanish. If you merge two Big Oozes together, the dominent one will gain all the stacks of the other ooze plus one (since it starts at one stack when two small oozes are formed). You used to be able to merge two big oozes and only gain one stack, however this is no longer possible, the stack increases by the number of small oozes used to form the big ooze that despawns as a result of the merge. The only case this results in effectively losing stacks is when the number would exceed five. For example, merging two four stack big oozes would result in one of them exploding because that always happens when the stack reachs five.

When i kite the big ooze i get told to cure disease off people, But when im kiting the ooze, my cleanse wont work on anyone.

Am i ment to Kite/Cleanse or aint the priest/druids/shamans ment to do that?
    Druids can't cleanse diseases. Ideally this is handled by a paladin or a priest, though a shaman can also do it. In the case where the kiter is a paladin, it is ideal to have them do it themselves instead of requiring someone else to do so simply because they are aware of the player's relative proximity to the big ooze being kited. On heroic difficulty cleansing sooner is a bit more important so others may be assigned to it instead of a target continually moving around at range.
    As for why your cleanse would fail there are only several possibilities for that. You are targeting the wrong person to cleanse, you are out of range to cleanse them, you don't have sufficient mana to cleanse them, someone else has cleansed them first, or you have some cleanse targeting syntax that is incorrectly resolving your target or resolving to no target. Simplest recommendation would be to use the addon Decursive for its Micro Unit Frame cleansing interface to assist you. Any mistake you are making in this department is hard to repeat when it is reduced to "whack a mole". Simply click on the frame that lights up.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Thankyou Quinafoi.
    Yeah, My cleanse and that, I dont think i get it off in time, I should really pick up decursive for my laptop, Decursive doesnt matter what cleanse spell you got, It removes it lol.
    Thanks for that, I just didnt know lol.
    With the vent thing, I usually like everyone on vent so you can ask them "Have you done this fight?" "Do you know this fight?" "Need and explanation?"...
    Thanks for the Help

+ Reply to Thread