+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Rotface

Quote Originally Posted by Predakhan View Post
    Did anyone else encounter problems with the slimes merging together? Not sure if it was server lag or just the way it happens but the slimes didn't seem to want to merge as expected. Especially the smaller ones to the larger slime.

Do you just need to literally run your little slime right on top of the big ones??
    There appeared to be some graphical lag too. The nameplate would disappear from the little ooze but you could still see it. Also getting the first two to merge was painful. Fortunately I saw this post this morning:

MMO-Champion BlueTracker - Recent In-Game Fixes - January 2010 - 1/4

So hopefully those problems are over with now.

Wondering how you guys are figuring out who he is targeting for the spray.

Just a tought: does it make sense to kite the ooze with a ranged class, like a hunter f.e.? With it's hard melee hits and slow movement speed it just doesn't seem like it was meant to be kited by a standard tank.

Edit: For those interested, I got an answer here. It is viable, probably worth trying when there's no paladin offtank.
    Last edited by yiNXs; 01-09-2010 at 11:38 AM.

One problem i noticed while kiting the big ooze: I was getting "melee"d at 20 yd range :S. Unless i kept nearly 1/4 of the room between me and the ooze i was getting hit.

Another question: anybody know any a reliable method to pick up the small oozes (the first two)? apparently even shieldslam+devastate, even a taunt afterwards is inadequate to get them off the person who spawned them - even if they dont do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Fledern View Post
    One problem i noticed while kiting the big ooze: I was getting "melee"d at 20 yd range :S. Unless i kept nearly 1/4 of the room between me and the ooze i was getting hit.

Another question: anybody know any a reliable method to pick up the small oozes (the first two)? apparently even shieldslam+devastate, even a taunt afterwards is inadequate to get them off the person who spawned them - even if they dont do anything.
    For kiting the big ooze, pop your damage reduction CD (shield wall or whatever) and tank him for a few seconds, giving you good threat lead then run away.

The small oozes do not have a threat table until they merge and become the big ooze, that's why you can't pick them up. This fight relies on everyone, not just the tanks, to coordinate and move. So whoever gets the ooze on them needs to intersect the kiter and physically put their ooze in front of the big ooze.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    For kiting the big ooze, pop your damage reduction CD (shield wall or whatever) and tank him for a few seconds, giving you good threat lead then run away.

The small oozes do not have a threat table until they merge and become the big ooze, that's why you can't pick them up. This fight relies on everyone, not just the tanks, to coordinate and move. So whoever gets the ooze on them needs to intersect the kiter and physically put their ooze in front of the big ooze.
    You can always root the first small ooze, and drop the second close enough to the rooted one that they merge, effectively making it so only the actual kiter needs to kite.

Purely out of curiosity, what is up with the infinite 1144 heals your getting? I've been trying to figure out what could possibly heal you for that amount so quickly and the only possible explanation I can come up with is a shadowpriest, but 1144 seems really high. Again, just curious.

in the skinky vid whats the addon that is showing you what buttons to press, kinda like a rotation?

also im about to go and do this run so thanks for the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Litmas View Post
    Purely out of curiosity, what is up with the infinite 1144 heals your getting? I've been trying to figure out what could possibly heal you for that amount so quickly and the only possible explanation I can come up with is a shadowpriest, but 1144 seems really high. Again, just curious.
    That's blizzard's SCT misbehaving due to my outdated version of MSBT. The blizzard SCT isn't even turned on, but for whatever reason any heal that's below the threshold value I've set in MSBT launches half a dozen events in the blizzard SCT. So that wall of +1144 is one tick of lifebloom or something, echoed about 6 times.

-Splug

The only problems I have been having with the kiting show up when people dont merge the small oozes with the big one I kite. All of a sudden Im kiting 3 Big ones from Difirent directions. ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler View Post
    I'm on a shark

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post

This doesn't really answer the question of why the OT is getting melee'd by the Big Ooze from range. We had our first attempts last night and our pally OT was complaining about this on nearly every wipe. He would have considerable distance on the Ooze and yet it would still eat his face. Why is he attacking from so far away and what can we do to counter this?

Well, the 25m fight requires a lot of awareness, specially at the end, we manage to get to 50% w/o a single explosion, notice that a warrior tank really sucks at kitting the ooze, the small ooze start with almost infinitive threat on the player (in 10m the number is like 4000k or so) so nothing to do there, but when they merge is when you can try to get aggro, and w only 2 merge you can try to keep meleeing it, but at the 3rd forget it, you get in and you'll get 1 shot and maintain aggro versus healing then is almost imposible for a warrior with only 1 range ability w 1min CD and taunt is not going to help, I'm MT of my guild and I can't do nothing but stay on Rotface the whole time, pally tanks are desirable for the oozes but DKs are optimal, they manage to mitigate the nature dmg of the slime pools very easy, plus IT, DC, Grip is enough to keep it's attention.

In 10m however, the difference between Festergut and Rotface is huge, Festergut can be 1 shot fairly easy, and we spent hours in Rotface, everything fine until we get to 30% then hell breaks lose, too many ooze to handle, we use heroism at 35% to gain extra dps after the "ooze enrage" the lowest we get is to 18%, the hp reduction didn't count for much imho.
    Another thing we left to try is that according to our healers a disc priest is not that handy in that fight, MT doesn't get much dmg and strong raid heals are a plus.
    Any more ideas?
    When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity. - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Daimon View Post
    everything fine until we get to 30% then hell breaks lose, too many ooze to handle, we use heroism at 35% to gain extra dps after the "ooze enrage" the lowest we get is to 18%, the hp reduction didn't count for much imho.
    Another thing we left to try is that according to our healers a disc priest is not that handy in that fight, MT doesn't get much dmg and strong raid heals are a plus.
    Any more ideas?
    2 things.

1) Heroism at the start. This is the single biggest thing you can change as if you hero at the start, most of your raid is still standing and DPSing, as opposed to half of it running around at low HP.

2) Disc is PERFECT for this fight. Slime Spray should be hitting almost no one and the rest of the damage is very predictable. Have them shield the person who gets the mutagin, and bubble all 10 as soon as the big ooze starts casting (should hit all before damage hits, if it hits at all). Other than that, damage is on tank and sometimes kiter, and that's pretty much it. Very handy healer to have here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanthus View Post
    As the kiting off-tank, I ran into a problem last night when I would get the infection while the Big Ooze was chasing me. I could not get my ooze to merge with it, without being close enough to take a 26k hit. Any suggestions?
    I was having the same problem on 10 in our first attempts tonight. Kiting went swimmingly until I myself spawned a mini, and had to basically backtrack toward the big ooze to get them to merge since the big never catches up to the mini. I tried hammer of justice to stun the mini, but it seems immune to stuns. (Anybody confirm that (no stuns)? Fight is a bit of a madhouse and maybe I just missed since I'm not currently hit capped .) We never tried any snares... but in our raid makeup I'm not sure there is anybody who can reliably snare unfortunately.

The first time I spawned one I used my cooldown to just run back to the big ooze and take a negligible hit, but I spawned another soon after before my cooldown was back up. (Being a pally, I can easily keep aggro on the big one without needing to resort to cooldown+tanking to grab it in the first place.)

Anyway, kiting was very simple until I spawned a mini myself. Trying to think of a way to counter that before our next attempt Monday night. Our first kill might just be RNG on how close together my own mini spawns are.

Merging small Oozes to the big ones quickly is essential in winning the fight.

After numerous misses the best way for us in the 25 m version turned out to be like this.

Do NOT dispell until Mutated Infection expires or only dispell it in a very controlled manner if needed. This way you avoid people getting killed because they still have the heal-reduction debuff while standing near the big ooze.

Secondly and what was the best way of merging the small Oozes with the big one was: let the kiters run directly through the big Ooze counter to the direction it moves. The kiters will eat one tick of the big Ooze's AoE damage but this is very easily healable and small Oozes merge 100% as intended.

We haven't downed the boss yet, but most of that comes from coordination issues as opposed to the kiting. I'm a warrior tank and I took care of kiting the big slimes as they came out, without much issue. I would hit him with a shield slam when it was first forming then immediately moved out of range, and I rarely ever got hit by it at all.The healers were watching me, and in the event that I did get hit they had heals ready. I also found that both thunderclap and shockwave have quite a generous amount of range on them, and I could keep aggro with both those moves fairly easily.

We also never let the mutagen stay on the target for long, as soon as they were away from the group we cleansed it. It reduced the damage the target took, as well as made them easier to heal, and we never noticed any increase in the mutagen time by doing so.

I should note, however, that this is all on the 10 man version, not the 25.

Another thing:

When you get the 1st merge and the big ooze appears, the OT does aggro to it and it start chasing him, after the next merges, does aggro resets? or it keeps the initial tank aggro?

Is advisable to use 2 OTs for the 25m due the increase rate at 30% or 1 is enough?
    When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity. - Albert Einstein

Aggro stays the same when they merge with the smaller ones. Not sure how it works when the big ones merge, I've always had aggro on both but one was typically a taunt. I'm not sure if it takes the higher aggro amount, an average, or if it's based on which one is absorbed.

Source: Vanthus
    As the kiting off-tank, I ran into a problem last night when I would get the infection while the Big Ooze was chasing me. I could not get my ooze to merge with it, without being close enough to take a 26k hit. Any suggestions?
    I also often was taking the cone attack for being in that area. It seemed to hit me even at the very edge of the room. Any way that this can easily be avoided while kiting?
    I´d the same "problem". The thing is there is no problem.Just ignore the small ooze and kite´em until the big one explodes. So next mutated infektion victim runs to you, letyour ooze and the victim´s merge-> voilá.
    I am a warrior Tank so I am pretty much underp concerning kiting the big ooze. If I can do it, you fuckin´gotta do it ;>

There is no need at all as a kiting tank to run back with mutated infektion in order to let em merge! Just ignore the small one until the big one explodes

Quote Originally Posted by Badmonkey.eu View Post
    I´d the same "problem". The thing is there is no problem.Just ignore the small ooze and kite´em until the big one explodes. So next mutated infektion victim runs to you, letyour ooze and the victim´s merge-> voilá.
    I am a warrior Tank so I am pretty much underp concerning kiting the big ooze. If I can do it, you fuckin´gotta do it ;>

There is no need at all as a kiting tank to run back with mutated infektion in order to let em merge! Just ignore the small one until the big one explodes
    You know what... I like this plan. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread