+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Icecrown Festergut

Live in Oklahoma and work for now in Japan
    I know as a holy priest I am usually also with the melee for most fights the TBAG position. This facilitates not only raid heals but me getting the spores as well. I keep an eye on the two tanks we have doing this fight and the raid in general with my aoe coh healing as well as POM.

Live in Oklahoma and work for now in Japan
    No it dont matter which spore you go to. I have seen it said earlier in this line of posts that range collapes in on themselves when there is a spore. This works for us and then they spread back out. In the event that two spores are in the melee group or in the range group it needs to be understood who will go to the other group ie melee to range or the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorogar View Post
    Hey guys, I've been a regular reader of Tankspot but just signed up. /wave

Tonight my 10-man guild and I went back into ICC to try the new quarter. On an attempt before we downed him, I discovered something that caused our wipe. Throughout all the attempts before, while my paladin tank partner was tanking Festergut and I was waiting for the stacking debuff to wear off, I was regularly intervening to absorb a hit and relieve some damage on him. At one point I had about 50 seconds left on the debuff when I intervened. A few seconds later I noticed I had 9 stacks of the debuff (up from 8) and a 2 min duration again. I can't confirm this (and I'm not sure how the debuff is applied), but my only explanation is that my intervene intercepted the debuff-applying attack. So, something to check out and be aware of.
    Well, I play a feral druid, so i don't have any ability similar to intervene, but i have noticed the same thing happen to me, and the only explanation i can think of is the fact that the stacking buff on tanks, increases damage, which increases threat, so i was doing almost double damage when i was not trying to do so and pulled threat off the other tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Evadd View Post
    first off, thanks for another great video and guide. it helped reaffirm some of the mechanics on the little/big oozes that we had trouble with on our first couple attempts.

question re: the described 10-man strat: does gastric bloat on the tanks get applied every 10 seconds and last for 100 seconds as it does in 25? if so, how can the tanks switch at 8 stacks? if i'm thinking this through correctly, tank 1 takes 8 stacks x 10 seconds = 80 seconds. tank 2 taunts, and takes 8 stacks x 10 seconds = 80 seconds. if the debuff lasts for 100 seconds and assuming it's refreshed with each new stack, that means that tank 1 still has about 20 seconds of debuff left with 8 stacks when he has to taunt back. on the 9th stack, it will now be at 100 seconds again, no? there must be something i'm missing since Darksend said that's the way they did it...
    Intervene
    The ability itself lowers the threat of the target. You're intentionally droping the threat of the other tank. If you're both at equal threat, and you drop them by 10%, then you just pulled aggro because you're above the 110% melee threshold. You should only ever apply threat reductions to the tank that is no longer actually tanking.

Quote Originally Posted by Flodweann View Post
    Well, I play a feral druid, so i don't have any ability similar to intervene, but i have noticed the same thing happen to me, and the only explanation i can think of is the fact that the stacking buff on tanks, increases damage, which increases threat, so i was doing almost double damage when i was not trying to do so and pulled threat off the other tank.
    Hand of Salvation
    Use on the tank that just was tanking prior to the switch.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

The differences between Festergut on 10 man and 25 man are not much different aside from getting more people situated properly for when the spores spawn, otherwise it's a joke of a fight on 10 man that most players can do in a single attempt if they know the strategy and pay attention to who gets the spores. In 25 man it's a huge DPS race PLUS you have to deal with having 3 groups for spores and keeping people together on the designated stacking player who should remain in one position until everyone has the Inoculation debuff. The problem is you have 12 seconds to literally haul ass to one position and then move back out before he makes the ranged vomit all over each other which is possibly the most difficult mechanic of the fight. The high DPS requirement in 25 man is a little bit much, my guild honestly has had far better progress with Rotface then we have Festergut, the best we can do on Fester is 19% before enrage currently, however we are possibly going to be recruiting some high end DPS as well which can make things a lot easier.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

what addons are you using?

Our guild killed him last night with 3 seconds left on enrage timer and As timer stopped (boss was dead and falling to floor) 21 our 25 raiders where killed leaving the 2 tanks and 2 melée left alive. Then whole raid was dc'd and onrelog where back at start with all the adds inthw wing back up alive. So rogue sneaked in and boss had vanished along with our loot etc.
    Anyone else experienced this? We have a ticket open but as usual still no gm to speak too.
    We got the credit for the kill but not much else. That enrage timer is very much a gear check.
    So long and thanks for all this fish

Never seen that before. How can you not kill him with at least 1 minute on the enrage left though? With 15% it's a push over fight now and should be a one shot for most groups on 25 man.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

It was a mixed run with another guild tbh and only our 3rd ever attempt so we where still getting too many players standing too close and getting sick etc. So we where pleased to kill him tbh but pissed as he'll with the dc bug lol. Still another one off the list and next time I'm pretty sure it will be go in kill him loot.......next!
    So long and thanks for all this fish

What you are describing is not a disconnect, but rather the instance server itself crashed forcing a soft reset of all instances. If you had just disconnected, the body wouldn't have despawned and trash respawned that quickly (unless you were all offline for half an hour). There is significant difference between a disconnect, and not having something to connect to.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

addon question

on the stinky/precious video what is the addon you are using that gives you the next spell in your rotation automatically?

Im tankspot illiterate. Wheres the flipping DL for the vid?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunruinadin View Post
    Im tankspot illiterate. Wheres the flipping DL for the vid?
    In the tankspot donors section. You need donor status in order to download the videos.

I noticed in the third video, maybe around the dead-center of the screen, it showed a small box with a new spell/attack in it, almost constantly changing, I'm assuming that it was telling u which spell/attack to use next. If that's an Addon, can I ask which it would be?

Festergut Fight

Ya, I tried tanking this on my pally and i guess the DPS just wasnt there.. wither that or healers were fail. we did the strategy you talked about and wiped after about 2 minutes everytime. Our MT with 65k health was 1 shoted at about 6 stacks. Tried the whole 8 stacks thing and didnt work. any other suggestions? But the upside to it once the MT was down I picke up festergut and did hit my Forst badge trinket CD after that hit my 245 Trinket CD and seem to last alot longer then the MT. but couldnt really bubble since well i was the only tank left. But yea i see 2 pallies on this fight going pretty far.

3 things:

1. If you only used 2 healers, then try using 3 as long as you still meet the dps requirement to down fester with one less dps.

2. If your first tank is dying at 6 stacks of gastric bloat then my guess is that the healers are not focusing on him enough during that part of the encounter and/or your mt was not using any defensive cd's. At 6 stacks of gastric bloat on the tank, fester should have 2 stacks of inhaled blight. This means that raid damage will be relatively low while tank damage is getting to be quite high. If the first tank is going to use any cd's, then the best time would be after fester gains his second stack of inhaled blight due to the increased tank damage. Your mt should not be afraid to use his cd's to survive since by the time he taunts fester back off of you, his defensive cd's should be almost, if not already, off cd(assuming he's a pally tank but this can apply to many other tank cd's as well).

3. Something I recommend getting if your still having a hard time surviving is the glyph of salvation which turns hand of salvation into a defensive cd when cast on yourself(reduces damage taken by 20%). And if your worried about losing threat due to hand of salvation, don't be, remember:

Stacks of gastric bloat = increased damage = increased threat = threat loss due to hand of salvation almost minimal

I actually recently was OT on this boss but i guess once u taunt off and get stack kind of makes you a MT for time being. Anyway buffed out im at about 42K hp so not insanely high by any means but i am a little over def cap not that it makes a huge difference and dodge and parry isnt crazy either. It may juss be healing wasnt there or the people who had the curse or debuff whatever it was wasnt making it to whoever was MT in time to help with the damage. Also good dps helps a lot. Hope this helps.

Last nite something strange happened to me @ 10m... while tanking fester, having like 5/6 stacks of gastric bloat, and at 2nd inhale i think.. my pally was like mind-controlled and vomiting some kind of orange substance... for like 7/8 seconds..... i lose aggro there... everything turned up confusing and we wiped.

Anyhow that was our first time there, we all are new at Wotlk raids.... maybe we missed something?... anyone seen something like that?

I'm also thinking it was a bug, or even my keyboard buged..... i just know it was my fault, but don't know what happend... we are gonna try it again tonight, but cant find anything about such a strange thing.

Quote Originally Posted by shorelaran View Post
    Last nite something strange happened to me @ 10m... while tanking fester, having like 5/6 stacks of gastric bloat, and at 2nd inhale i think.. my pally was like mind-controlled and vomiting some kind of orange substance... for like 7/8 seconds..... i lose aggro there... everything turned up confusing and we wiped.

Anyhow that was our first time there, we all are new at Wotlk raids.... maybe we missed something?... anyone seen something like that?

I'm also thinking it was a bug, or even my keyboard buged..... i just know it was my fault, but don't know what happend... we are gonna try it again tonight, but cant find anything about such a strange thing.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=69240

You need at least 3 at range on 10 man, 7 on 25 man.
    ~Patch

Thank you very much damnpatch,

+ Reply to Thread