+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Festergut

Quote Originally Posted by Dimness View Post
    And in all wipes my DK dies because all of my CD's are on CD so to speak. To anybody that's cleared this encounter with a DK tank, is there a set way I'm supposed to use my CD's? I normally die around the end of the 2nd inhale/beginning of the 3rd.
    Save your important cooldown(s) for the start of the 3rd inhale, and use your lesser cooldowns during the 2nd inhale or after the big cooldown ends during 3rd inhale. If the healers can't keep you up during 2nd inhale with just the smaller cooldowns active, they need to step it up. Also, make use of external cooldowns from priests (PS, GS) and paladins (DS) to help keep you alive when your big cooldown drops off. There might be other external cooldowns that can help too, but those are the ones we use to boost tank survival.

In the 10 man version what kind of DPS should the DPS be pulling if you are running 2 tanks/3 healers set up? Wondering if that was the problems with my guild not being able to put him down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bissadin View Post
    In the 10 man version what kind of DPS should the DPS be pulling if you are running 2 tanks/3 healers set up? Wondering if that was the problems with my guild not being able to put him down.
    From another thread:

32k rDPS is what you need. 5.5k from your damagers and 2.5k from your tanks (yay Bloat stacks) is enough to drop Festergut by the enrage timer.

Thanks Phaze

It may have been answered before, and I apologize for asking again if it has, but in watching the 10 man video, I noticed the rogue was jumping around almost constantly, and it seemed a couple other of the DPS may have been doing the same.

Is there actually any point to it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pierrick View Post
    It may have been answered before, and I apologize for asking again if it has, but in watching the 10 man video, I noticed the rogue was jumping around almost constantly, and it seemed a couple other of the DPS may have been doing the same.

Is there actually any point to it?
    They are tired of hitting the bosses ankle and want to kick him in the butt instead.
    No, there is no actual point to it.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

I could be wrong .. but has anyone tried the everyone collapse on boss with spores in 10 man .. im 95% sure that we all collapsed on the boss with spores in the ten man and then spread back out after they blow up and we had ourselves a one shot .. i dont think i was not paying attention that much :P .. i know i have done it the other way with ranged spore and melee spore .. but the collapse strat seemd to be much easier .. and succesful. any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoesbane View Post
    I could be wrong .. but has anyone tried the everyone collapse on boss with spores in 10 man .. im 95% sure that we all collapsed on the boss with spores in the ten man and then spread back out after they blow up and we had ourselves a one shot .. i dont think i was not paying attention that much :P .. i know i have done it the other way with ranged spore and melee spore .. but the collapse strat seemd to be much easier .. and succesful. any thoughts?
    My 10 man has one spore on the tank side, one on the melee DPS side. Ranged collapse into melee because Vile Gas casts 8 seconds after the spore explodes (2 seconds after the debuff ends and you gain an innoculation stack). This is plenty of time to get back to range and the method works well for a 10 man. In 10 man this makes more sense in general, rather than having melee run out to give the spore to ranged (where the melee can't do anything anymore), have the ranged move in becuase they can still be effective at point blank range. In 25 man we actually use a similar method, however we have one ranged spore point and two on the boss (one on the back, one on the tank side).
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Hello me and my guild are havign quite the problem with festergut. Everything seems to be going fine in the first 30 seconds or so but then for some god aweful reason everyone dies!! we understand what we are supposed to do, We have 3 healers 2 tanks and 5 dps. We have two groups, Group one is ranged with one healer, Group two is tank and melee with two healers. If i recall right i dont think we make it long enough to even get a spore debuff. There is not an ill geared person in this raid mind you. Everyone is moderately geared for this encounter but we cannot figure why we die so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by vaelereal View Post
    Hello me and my guild are havign quite the problem with festergut. Everything seems to be going fine in the first 30 seconds or so but then for some god aweful reason everyone dies!! we understand what we are supposed to do, We have 3 healers 2 tanks and 5 dps. We have two groups, Group one is ranged with one healer, Group two is tank and melee with two healers. If i recall right i dont think we make it long enough to even get a spore debuff. There is not an ill geared person in this raid mind you. Everyone is moderately geared for this encounter but we cannot figure why we die so soon.
    Instant wipes on this encounter are almost always caused by Vile Gas hitting more than one person.
    You need at least 3 targets at range that have to be spread out at least 10 yards apart. If you don't have sufficient targets at range, he can cast Vile Gas on the melee, effectively dazing and killing the entire group because healers are also dazed. This can also happen if the ranged misgauge their distance from the boss because when the boss is pulled he moves out of the center and unless the tank repositions it in the center the raid would need to compensate. Everyone moving into melee needs to move in as soon as possible, you can't afford to have a Vile Gas targeted at any of them because they ran in too slowly at the start. The first Vile Gas is cast right after the room fills with gas which is a few seconds (about 5 seconds, give or take) after the encounter starts.

There are three aspects to the encounter.
    1. Damage shifting, cooldown timing. Damage shifts from raid damage to tank damage. Healers need to compensate and cooldowns need to be timed.
    2. Collapse/Spread mechanic. Spore forces you to collapse, however 8 seconds after it explodes (6 seconds after the debuff ends) Vile Gas is cast so you have 8 seconds to reset to your spread out position.
    3. Hard enrage timer. First true DPS check of the instance, next is Blood Queen.

Thats exactly what i needed! i do have a question or two. When festergut casts vile gas does he do this towards a random raid member, Or is it to the furtherest raid member away from him?

Quote Originally Posted by vaelereal View Post
    When festergut casts vile gas does he do this towards a random raid member, Or is it to the furtherest raid member away from him?
    Random raid memeber at range, provided there are at least three at range. The specific distance from the boss does not play a factor.

3 for 10 man, 7 for 25 i think.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Guild tried this encounter for the first time last night (having done plenty of research and reading this entire thread with notebook and pen in hand). I knew it would be a learning experience due to some of the complexity of each class and the movement involved. Best attempt was about 59%. We learned a lot, but one big reason for not getting further was that I was being wiped out (warrior tank with about 47K health buffed) during the 3rd inhale phase.

Question: I am burning several cooldowns during this phase including Shield Block, Shield Wall, Trinkets, and drinking an indestructable potion, but the healers still couldn't keep me alive. The healers know I am tanking that part, and there should be at least two healers on me at that point, but they can't keep up with the back to back to back 22K hits on me. Any thoughts as to a better strategy to keep me alive during this part of the fight? We did make it past this once, but a portion of the raid died on the ensuing exhale of the gas back in to the room, which started the domino effect of deaths. Should I be timing my defensive CD's better or in a particular order? Is a warrior tank too squishy for the third inhale phase? Are there other mechanics that the healers should be employing (disc priest, druid, holy pally).

The other tank is a Pally with about 45K health buffed.

Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Have the weaker tank go first. Have them take 4 stacks and have the stronger tank taunt. Let that tank go do 9 stacks. Then have the weak tank do 9, then have the strong tank take it back. By doing this the same tank will take both 3 stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Meldwyn View Post
    The healers know I am tanking that part, and there should be at least two healers on me at that point, but they can't keep up with the back to back to back 22K hits on me. Any thoughts as to a better strategy to keep me alive during this part of the fight?
    47k buffed health is sufficient for this encounter. You need to get your healers to heal faster. They need to understand how important it is to keep the tank topped off with big heals. Also, there's no raid-wide damage during 3rd inhale, so the raid healer(s) should be helping keep the tank up as well.

We did make it past this once, but a portion of the raid died on the ensuing exhale of the gas back in to the room, which started the domino effect of deaths.
    Make sure the raid is topped off before the exhale finishes its cast (he has a cast timer for it, so have the healers know when it finishes). And remind the healers that the fight is cyclical: once he exhales, you start over with lots of raid healing and some average tank healing.

Make sure the raid is popping health pots/healthstones as needed, in case they get low during this transition (especially a ranged player who just took a puke).

Another possible problem is that some aren't getting 3 stacks of Innoculation; that makes the transition very very difficult. Set up your UI so you can see the debuff stacks on everyone. If someone doesn't have 3 stacks before the exhale, call them on it.

Should I be timing my defensive CD's better or in a particular order? Is a warrior tank too squishy for the third inhale phase? Are there other mechanics that the healers should be employing (disc priest, druid, holy pally).
    Our team has 2 Prot Warriors, who each take a max-inhale period. They lead off the 3rd Inhale with Shield Wall / Last Stand, and then they announce when it's about to run out. That's when an external cooldown is applied:

Quote Originally Posted by Phaze
    Also, make use of external cooldowns from priests (PS, GS) and paladins (DS) to help keep you alive when your big cooldown drops off. There might be other external cooldowns that can help too, but those are the ones we use to boost tank survival.

Thanks! will apply these suggestions this week!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Anyone can tell me is it worthwhile to ignore the spore totally in 2nd round to maximize dps to beat the enrage time? Our try ended like 10 sec after the 2nd blight and got wiped cos of the hard enrage. It looked like we still need 20-30 sec to nuke the boss after the 2nd blight. So i wonder if we don't move after 1st blight and just stand there dps, we may have a chance.

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by moongate View Post
    Anyone can tell me is it worthwhile to ignore the spore totally in 2nd round to maximize dps to beat the enrage time? Our try ended like 10 sec after the 2nd blight and got wiped cos of the hard enrage. It looked like we still need 20-30 sec to nuke the boss after the 2nd blight. So i wonder if we don't move after 1st blight and just stand there dps, we may have a chance.

Any thoughts?
    If you can kill him before the second blight, by all means ignore the second set of spores (except to make sure that people don't get hit by 2, such as 2 in the melee). If you can't kill him before the blight, you have to still get innoculated. Ranged DPS will be around 2-4% more effective if they don't have to move on the second set of spores, however if that small gain in DPS isn't enough to kill the boss before the blight, you will kill your entire raid in the blight for not stacking the innoculation.

If you're still having problems with this encounter as far as dps goes, here's a little suggestion I got from browsing really high dps on festergut. One of the top pve feral druids is Neemu of Lightbringer, I've run into him on several occasions when I've searched for up time for feral druid abilities to compare to our druids.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-d9...8&e=3698#Neemu

What this world of logs shows is 3 tanks being used. An altered feral dps spec picking up what he needs for not taking crits ect would be needed. However the way it looks like he does it, is this.

1. Druid DPSer takes the boss first, likely through the first inhale ~6 stacks.
    2. First tank taunts off and tanks through the 2nd and 3rd inhale.
    3. After the reset, pungent blight or w/e it's called, the druid taunts back and gets the final 3 to put them at 9.
      1. Druid will likely need to blow all his/her cds early in the fight during the first inhale when they would be getting hit the hardest.
      2. If your dps is way behind may want to just to up to 8 so you can refresh again later to keep it up for the whole fight, but I think you should be good.
      3. You should get ~4:30 second uptime doing 9 first.
    4. The second tank taunts and tanks until the boss is dead or until 9.
    5. If the boss isn't dead the first tank taunts, his debuffs will have cleared and can tank again, until the end of the boss.
    Now what this does is gives a feral dps, the highest dps spec for stationary fights a huge buff. Neemu, who is probably the best feral druid out there, is shred critting for 27k on average. If you have a DK hysteria should be used each time the druid goes into cat form.

If you want to max dps you should probably wait to use heroism/bloodlust until after the second 1-inhale phase (after the druid has 9 stack and is dpsing again).

TL;DR

Druid DPS tanks for 6 gastric bloats, just before the 2nd inhale.
    Druid DPS tanks again after the Pungent blight through the time with 0 inhales up until 9 stack of gastric bloat.
    Heroism/Bloodlust after druid gets 9 stack of gastric bloat.

Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread