+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Festergut

Ok I need help understanding the fight mechanics a little bit, or at least how to deal with them.

You have 3 players at range. You want everyone to have 3 stacks of spores. Festergut casts a spell which can make the melee ranged group puke due to its AoE if there are not 3 people at range who can be targetted. So, two issues. The first is:

If one ranged gets the spore, how do the other ranged get the spores? Does everyone have to run in to the middle?

If the ranged with spore (or all ranged) is running to the melee group, there are no longer 3 people at range and the melee group might get puked on.

How do you deal with these two issues?

If one ranged gets a spore, all 3 pile onto that spore until it goes off, then they spread back out. The other spore is in melee and fine then.

If 2 melee get a spore, 1 of those melee needs to run to the ranged and they all pile on him until it goes off, then the melee returns to the boss. If you are using DBM, it will put an X and Skull marker, just designate ahead of time which one runs out if they are both in melee range to avoid confursion.

If 2 ranged get a spore, one of them needs to move into the melee group until it goes off. I haven't noticed him cast Vile Gas during spores on 10m, so we just leave only 2 ranged out if that happens, but maybe we've just been lucky. If you do that, the ranged that ran in needs it get back out *very* quickly after spore goes off. Otherwise you can have a healer or melee go to the ranged spore.

In 10 man version of the encounter I find it easier to have the 3 ranged just collapse into melee to get the innoculated. Just have the two spores stand one or slightly behind the tank, and the other on or slightly behind the melee DPS at the back of the boss. No one should be in the middle of the boss and get hit by both spores. Once the sport explodes, you have 8 seconds to run back out to range before he will use Vile Gas. If both are on the melee side, one of them moves over to the tank side of the boss. If both are on the tanks, the inactive tank moves to behind the boss by the melee DPS. Having the 3 ranged people move 10 yards to get in range of the spores on melee or tanks is just as easy as having them collapse from 10 yards apart onto a ranged spot. Only difference is you never have to worry about 2 in melee and needing one of them to stop DPS and run out.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

I just want to make sure of something,
    In 10 man you only need 3 range so the melee doesn't start puking?

wat's your addon for the 25man, your floating damge text, anyone know please ssay so quickly

I think his floating combat text is Mik's Scrolling Battle Text from what I can tell in his fury tutorial videos.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Lordstr View Post
    I just want to make sure of something,
    In 10 man you only need 3 range so the melee doesn't start puking?
    3 ranged in 10 man.
    7 ranged in 25 man.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

can i get the add on for the first video on top listed ??? a pack is better...

Quote Originally Posted by Belon View Post
    Ciderhelm posted the topic, however the video is by someone else. In the video text it will say who it is from in the introduction. For example,
    "Welcome back to the Icecrown raid guide. My name is darksend..." is the start of the 10 man Festergut video. If that was the one you wanted, you'd want Darksend's UI. The first video is the 25 man version which is by Thegreatme, so you'd want Thegreatme's UI.

does the first tank eat 3 stacks of boss buff?

hello there,

thanks for all the comments so far. i think our small guild has a much better chance this coming week knowing this stuff.

talking just 10man raid:
    1] i understand to have tanks switch at 8 stacks. does this mean that the first tank will still be gaining stacks when festergut casts pungent blight? i guess i just don't know the timing of the fight very well.
    2] vile gas. does it always hit three ranged? so, say for example i have three ranged dps and three healers in a raid. is it best to just have all three healers stack in the center [on the boss]? do the range still have to spread out if there are only three of them?

thank you for your time.
    fun fight!
    ~dawnforth

Quote Originally Posted by dawnforth View Post
    talking just 10man raid:
    1] i understand to have tanks switch at 8 stacks. does this mean that the first tank will still be gaining stacks when festergut casts pungent blight? i guess i just don't know the timing of the fight very well.
    Your second tank will be taking the first three stack phase. Your first tank will be tanking again during the second three stack phase. As a very general approximation, each tank tanks for 3 parts of the transition. Bare in mind this is just an approximation, but in practice it will look something like this.

So first tank is 0, 1 and 2 inhales.
    Tank two takes over for 3, 0, and 1 inhales.
    Tank one tanks for 2, 3, and 0 inhales.
    Tank two tanks to berserk timer.

2] vile gas. does it always hit three ranged? so, say for example i have three ranged dps and three healers in a raid. is it best to just have all three healers stack in the center [on the boss]? do the range still have to spread out if there are only three of them?
    He doesn't hit three targets, he picks one in 10 man. He picks 3 in 25 man. You require 3 targets at range (7 for 25 man) though for him to pick from, otherwise melee targets are included in the possible targets. If all your melee and healers are taking damage and confused, the raid wipes without healing. If you only have two targets at range, you have a about a one third chance of him picking a melee target, thus causing you to wipe. In theory, you could still luck out and have him pick the ranged every time with fewer than three targets, though do you really want to put the success of the raid on a gamble? Because if he does pick a melee target, it's all over.

And yes, it's best to have your healers in melee if you can afford to have them there so that the they don't become confused and unable to heal. If you don't have three ranged DPS however you require a third body at range and that will likely be from your healers. Simply because you can survive one healer being unable to heal, you can't survive all three healers being unable to heal.

Vile gas hits an area. Everyone in the targeted area gets the debuff. They all start vomitting and dealing damage to everyone else nearby and also are unable to do any other actions. So if people are grouped, they all get hit, they are all dealing damage to each other, and none of them can do anything about it. This is why you never want him hitting the melee, because then all of the healers are incapacitated at the same time, your tanks can't survive 3 seconds without heals during 3rd inhale, you can't expect them to last 6 seconds.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 02-01-2010 at 04:00 PM.

The only player gaining stacks of Gastric Bloat will be Festergut's current threat target. Once your first tank switches off to DPS, they stop getting more stacks.

Pungent Blight is completely separate from the Gastric Bloat stacking.

Yes, and yes. Space your ranged players far enough apart so that they don't share Vile Gas, and have them collapse for picking up their spore innoculations.

Thanks for an awesome video as always!

My guild had our first attempt on festergut 25 yesterday, and we found it to be a bit messy.

First of all we had all our ranged spread in a semi circle around the boss, and the raid healers in a semi circle between the ranged and the melee.

What we did, we had our raid healers run into the melee grp to get the buff from there, and the ranged all standing intop of eachother with 2 spores. Might be why we failed.

There are some things I would like to point out according the fight though. At the first spore spawns when the damage is at the highest point to the raid, moving to one of the spore ranged grps as a healer seems pretty chaotic in my point of wiev. Might not be that harsh as I think, but isn't it hard to run to spore when the raid needs alot of heals? This is just directed to the first spore spawn since the 2nd, and 3d spawn will be easier on the raidhealing.

Another thing with the spores is the 2 grps of ranged. Did you assign where ppl should move or should you just run to the ranged grp that is closest to you at the time?
    Also if all the ranged and healers has to move during the spore spawns wont it take much out of the dps, since the fight is basically a dps race.

I as a healer found that the healing is insane when you have to move around at the spore shift, and that's why we used the tactic with running to the melees instead of the ranged.
    Is there a certain thing to keep in mind while the raid-healers move for the spores to keep people up, cause it seems very messy atleast when the first spores spawns.

And lastly, if the tankhealer is standing near the melee, isn't there a chance that he will get vile gas and dmg the whole melee grp (especially as we had all our healers run to the melee grp it should be a biger chance for vile gas to mess up the melee grp that way)?

We got him down to 30% before we wiped, could be gear-problem, but we also had some trouble with the spores.

Just that the healing seems really chaotic when all of the healers have to run for spores, cause during that time the raid wont get any heals except from the healers that can cast while running. Any suggestions? :/

/ Sat~
    | "Like bringing a knife, into a gunfight" |
    ..Satyra, for president.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiertel View Post
    Makes the video a little strange to watch.
    If you are honestly gonna complain about him jumping, go to a different website. My god.

@ Lore

What addon or macro u use when you are dpsing xD, its imba xD

Greetz,

Dernasil

Quote Originally Posted by Satyra View Post
    Just that the healing seems really chaotic when all of the healers have to run for spores, cause during that time the raid wont get any heals except from the healers that can cast while running. Any suggestions? :/

/ Sat~
    Stack healers in melee range, so they never have to move for anything. Having 7-8 ppl at range is enough to keep Vile Gas out of melee.

Quote Originally Posted by agranyoch View Post
    Stack healers in melee range, so they never have to move for anything. Having 7-8 ppl at range is enough to keep Vile Gas out of melee.
    To elaborate on that.

In 25 man, you require only 7 targets at range in order for Vile Gas to not hit a melee target. So it is optimal if you only have 7 people stand at range. Everyone else should be in the melee, including healers. Healers if they stand in the melee then they never have to move to get a spore, however, if they themselves have a spore may still be required to move if they need to get that spore to the ranged group. Vile Gas is always cast 8 seconds after the spore pops (2 seconds after the debuff is over). This means ranged has 8 seconds to spread back out after collapsing. The only reason you would ever consider having a healer stand at ranged is if your raid did not have at least 7 ranged DPS, or if one of the ranged DPS dies. However, even in this context, the healer should be positioned on the point where the ranged is to collapse to. The healer shouldn't move, the DPS would move. Having multiple healers at range is likely too risky in general because if more than one is incapacitated by Vile Gas at a time it could result in a tank death, you may be able to get by with 1 healer dazed, but 2 or 3 is really pushing your luck. Since you only need 7 targets at range, if you have more ranged DPS than 7, your highest non-hunter ranged DPS should move into melee. Reason being is if you can prevent your top end caster DPS from being dazed, it will increase your overall raid DPS as well. However they need to be aware that if someone at range dies at any point in the encounter, they have to move out to range before the next Vile Gas to ensure there are still 7 ranged targets.

I have tanked Festergut as a Druid, Pally, and a DK. Hopefully when I get my warrior up to snuff I can bring her into ICC as well.

I have cleared Festergut with a druid and a pally, but even with 3 healers my DK simply can't manage to survive the encounter. And in all wipes my DK dies because all of my CD's are on CD so to speak. To anybody that's cleared this encounter with a DK tank, is there a set way I'm supposed to use my CD's? I normally die around the end of the 2nd inhale/beginning of the 3rd.

+ Reply to Thread