+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Festergut

Quote Originally Posted by Trexokor View Post
    I learned a couple of things about this fight last night while we were attempting it again. There are a couple of key things we changed which would have given us the win had our top DPS rogue not disconnected at the start (he pulls about 3mil in the 5 minutes and we were 2.5mil behind enrage).
    *snippet*
    Just wanted to personally thank Trexokor for all the advice in his post. We went from a couple 50% runs last week with sloppy starts using the 3 group strat to 2-shotting him tonight.

We had 3 spriests, 3 hunters, and 2 locks stay outside (1 for safety).

Three cheers for Trexokor!

Quote Originally Posted by gundecker View Post
    We had trouble doing Festergut in 10-man. I have a question. The other tank (druid) and myself (prot warrior) kept dying after the second inhale as the melee swings alone were enough to bash our heads in. During this time, there was only a pally healer healing us I believe.

What is the method of a tank surviving the second and third inhales? After the first inhale, is one of the raid healers supposed to switch to tank healing for the second and third inhales and then switch back to raid healing after the pungent blight?
    First about the healers I would say yes, either have a raid healer switch to healing tank or bring two tank healers instead (one of them will do some raid healing before the tank takes too much damage and then switch to the tank only after the third inhale (and possibly after the second also).

Also if I remember the fight correctly the tank swap at 9 stacks of Gastric Bloat will come in the middle of the period after the third inhale. This would mean that the first tank can use his strongest defensive cd for the first half of that period (when festergut does double the damage) and the second tank tank use his strongest cd when he takes over. Only ever tanked as a DK so I would use Icebound Fortitude which depending on your defense would decrease the damage by closer to 50%. I use use my other cds between inhale 1 and inhale 2.

I takes a bit of practise to get it right and except for all the other things like spores, tank using their cds at the right moment and the total raid dps actually beeing high enough I think this fight is most challangeing for the healers since they have to shift their focus from healing the raid to healing the tank more and more, and then back again on raid when Festergut exhales.

Firstly, thanks guys, this has helped a great deal. Secondly to all you whiny little gurls; Who cares if he jumps? The point of this video is to help YOU and me understand and clear this content! get over it.

Didn't see if someone had posted this, but after a few attempts last night, has anyone tried army of the dead during the 3rd inhale to minimize tank damage?

Boss is definitely tauntable, and having 2 dks (1 for each 3rd inhale) you could wipe out any time without full cds up on the current tank. Just an idea, and I have no idea if it will help, with 90% attack speed he could take 5 or 6 seconds on them, but it's 5 or 6 seconds the tank isn't taking damage.

Army wont taunt boss level mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Surmaaja View Post
    Army wont taunt boss level mobs.
    No but you are supposed to take reduced damage while channeling army. Not sure if that is what the poster had in mind or not.

YouTube - Impervious - Chromaggus Festergut 10-man

Here's a video of healing from my point of view(Resto Shaman), I'm in the melee group so you don't see a lot of ranged action.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyphon View Post
    As the poster above, thanks for your advice Trexokor, I do have a question though. You mention SPreists should never have to get Inoculated as Dispersion covers the damage. What about other cooldowns like Deterrence (Hunters) Ice Block (Mage) or is it only Damage Reducing cooldowns that work?
    Apologies for the late response.

Immunities work just fine. After reading Deterrence's description, I don't know if that would work. I suppose that'd be something to test. I know Ice Block and Divine Shield do, though.

Anyone and everyone with damage reduction abilities of any sort should be using them on Pungent Blight, whether it be enhance shamans saving Shamanistic Rage for it or priests saving Dispersion for it.

Our mages typically follow the mechanics of the fight up until the first Pungent Blight, then ignore it, using Ice Block for the second for better Heroism uptime (since Heroism is used directly after the third Gas Spore goes out, the second time, for a full 40 seconds right before enrage).

Quote Originally Posted by Trexokor View Post
    After reading Deterrence's description, I don't know if that would work. I suppose that'd be something to test. I know Ice Block and Divine Shield do, though.
    Could any hunter confirm please if Deterrence actually works on Pungent Blight?

double post

Quote Originally Posted by Kiertel View Post
    Makes the video a little strange to watch.
    Agreed.. I had to give up watching the movie because of the jumping.

All this gas reminds me of an ex =P downed fester on 10 with a pug the night it came out very simple fight for the attentive.
    Nerd Rage is a Raid Killer

this strat works wonders...

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedhoof View Post
    "In 10 man this was very simple just spread out and then collpase onto the tank/melee when the spores go up.

This fight requires switching of the healing focus. At first it requires heavy raid heals and as he inhales the gas the focus switches to the tank heals....."
    firstly, trash was a breeze: ty to tankspot and forum posts for the tremendous insight...

in our 10-man pug, we decided to tackle Festergut first...

we tried two different strats...

strat one had one spore heading to a spot in the ranged--worked well and brought him down to just under 4% before enrage but wasnt good enough because we were losing a decent amount of dps trying to find the spore to move to...in this strat, we were also popping heroism at the 3 min enrage warning...we decided to switch it up a little....

in strat two, we had everyone go into Festegut's hitbox (posterior side) everytime spores were released....we counted about 8 seconds from when they spawn to when they popped giving us the 2-stack debuff...

we positioned the range within 5-10 yrds of melee, in a half-circle behind Festergut...range was also staggered 5-10 yrds away from each other to avoid the "vomitting" stuns...

this distance faired well as little time was lost in dpsing Festergut...the 8 secs gave us more than enough time to move into melee range and continue dpsing the boss before the spores popped...

it also guaranteed everyone had the debuff needed for the gas respawn, and made it easier on the healers....

the lock utilized the Demon portal to transport back and forth, so dps was rarely lost...

we also had the healers throw a few dots on the boss whenever they had a chance....this mere 300-600 dps added the extra-kick to ensure we'd beat the enrage timer...

heroism was popped with 1-1.5 mins of enrage...give or take just after the second inhalation...

this strat worked wonders and made this fight extremely easy...

the dps ranged from 5-7k

our 10-man pug make-up:
    1 ele shammy
    1 warlock (dest)
    1 mage (arc)
    1 rogue (as)
    1 ret pally
    1 prot pally (ot)
    1 prot war (mt)
    1 holy pally
    1 holy priest
    1 resto shammy

Looking for some advice here on healing/tanks 25 man fester. We're running 5 healers , 2 hpallys 2 shamans 1 resto druid on Fester w/ decent dps and tanks above 52k buffed.

I'm one of the hpallys and I'm not "ridiculously" geared but im near 4k sp w/ procs and 40k mana. We make good progress through the first 9 stacks of debuff ( 2 tanks) , and into the switch of the 2nd tank. Here our tanks are dying constantly from multiple 30k+ hits in a 2 second time frame.
    I'm fine on mana at this point w/ around 52% , and I havent stopped casting chain holy lights. Sacred shield and the associated hot are up on the tank , and I've even tried saving Divine Illumination / wings for this part. At this time I'm critting the tank with well over 25k holy lights with around 19% casting haste. The tanks are dropping dead here and I , nor my tanks can figure out what the deal is.

From what I've read here, he "shouldnt" be hitting that hard w/ debuffs and everyone is getting the 3 stacks of immunity.

Any ideas on wtf is going wrong here? It seems like two holy pallys should have zero problem here, yet the tanks are taking 60k in the time it takes me to cast 1 holy light.

In the guide for Precious and Stinky, what add-on was that paladin using?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubnbubble View Post
    In the guide for Precious and Stinky, what add-on was that paladin using?
    Given that they are using somewhere between 20 and 50 addons, you would have to be more specific. However, it is Lore... so check http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/45772-lores-ui.html

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    Given that they are using somewhere between 20 and 50 addons, you would have to be more specific. However, it is Lore... so check http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f211/45772-lores-ui.html
    I didn't see it on his UI, but it's the one that is telling him which attack to use as a ret paladin. Directly in the middle of the screen in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubnbubble View Post
    I didn't see it on his UI, but it's the one that is telling him which attack to use as a ret paladin. Directly in the middle of the screen in the video.
    Faceroller RetPaladin
    Faceroller RetPaladin : WoWInterface Downloads : Paladin

YouTube - [Addon] Faceroller_RetPaladin

He covered it briefly in his weekly Marmot, it's called clcret.

Sorry, you are correct it is clcret. Big difference is clcret will show two buttons (next cast, and after next cast) where as Faceroller will only show you one (next cast).

+ Reply to Thread