+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Festergut

Quote Originally Posted by Thorondor View Post
    Excuse me, I'm not sure if I understand:
    Is there a particular debuff that would diminish the amount of damage he does, or the frequency of attacks? Thanks in advance.
    Thunderclap, Demo Shout, Vindication?
    Vexed
    Bronzebeard - US

Taunt at 8 stacks. The debuff lasts for a long enough duration that if you have the boss taunted off you and wait for it to fall off before taunting, you'll grab it back right when the other tank has 8 stacks. 8 stacks gives room to recover in the event of an emergency (like a tank going down, see the 25-man video).

Hi,
    Im having problems watching the Festergut 10man version video - the video seems to be loading but is not shown, it seems to be a common problem for me and my guildies.

/Troz

On the 10 man video, why did the druid hope up and down in bear form for the first part of the fight? Shouldn't we see some cat deeps?

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidska View Post
    On the 10 man video, why did the druid hope up and down in bear form for the first part of the fight? Shouldn't we see some cat deeps?
    Ideally yes, but our first tank on that particular group was not our normal tank (we went with whoever was on to try and get a feel for the encounters) and as such was slightly undergeared. The druid wanted to be in bear in case anything*unfortunate" happened.

In the 10-man Festergut encounter, what addon is it you are useing to display the boss' healthframe and castingbar above his head.

Does anyone know the minimum number of people required to be at range before Vile Gas will start hitting melee? (At least for 25man)

It would help a lot to stack all the raid at melee range and just move away 2 of the 3 players with Gas Spore.

Quote Originally Posted by lentii View Post
    In the 10-man Festergut encounter, what addon is it you are useing to display the boss' healthframe and castingbar above his head.
    Aloft

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    Ideally yes, but our first tank on that particular group was not our normal tank (we went with whoever was on to try and get a feel for the encounters) and as such was slightly undergeared. The druid wanted to be in bear in case anything*unfortunate" happened.
    Understandable, but as a continuation of my though process. Shouldn't the feral be tanking first anyways? So he can shift cat after the taunt? A feral tank bear will deal a lot more in cat then a prot warrior in battle stance. Or is this just more of the "err on the side of caution"?

Incidentally, any particular thoughts on which would benefit more from the 90% damage buff? A Dk or a Druid, both do fairly good deeps just by changing presence / forms. Is the damage buff to all damage, or is it just physical?

Or is this even worth worrying about...?

I have a question concerning his enrage timer. From what I have read it takes aprox. 144k dps to down him in time (about 7100dps per dammage dealer). Is this correct? If so I think our guild will have many issues downing him even though we breeze through the first wing without many issues, we do not get anywhere close to 144kdps.

This is correct. Festergut is a straightup gearcheck. In fact, all the new bosses are several steps beyond anything in the first wing. Think Ulduar for the first couple of weeks prenerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidska View Post
    Understandable, but as a continuation of my though process. Shouldn't the feral be tanking first anyways? So he can shift cat after the taunt? A feral tank bear will deal a lot more in cat then a prot warrior in battle stance. Or is this just more of the "err on the side of caution"?

Incidentally, any particular thoughts on which would benefit more from the 90% damage buff? A Dk or a Druid, both do fairly good deeps just by changing presence / forms. Is the damage buff to all damage, or is it just physical?

Or is this even worth worrying about...?
    the second tank will ALWAYS be the one tanking the first 3 stack inhaled blight so you always want your weaker tank going first

@Thegreatme - You sure you were doing this on normal? It looks like you were very close to pushing the enrage timer, despite the relatively high DPS of your raid.

Maybe I'm just used to most PuG DPS performing terribly...

Another question for anyone who knows the answer - I'm guessing that Anti-Magic Shell comes in very handy here from a DK perspective, nearly negating Pungent Blight (and some of the damage from the spores). Does anyone know whether Cloak of Shadows will remove the Inoculation buff/debuff? When playing on my rogue, I often try to negate as much damage as possible, so cloaking off the DoT from the spores seems logical (as long as it doesn't remove Inoculation).
    Last edited by Zxian; 01-07-2010 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zxian View Post
    Does anyone know whether Cloak of Shadows will remove the Inoculation buff/debuff? When playing on my rogue, I often try to negate as much damage as possible, so cloaking off the DoT from the spores seems logical (as long as it doesn't remove Inoculation).
    Not sure on Cloak of Shadows, but you can use Feint to cut it in half and that's a very very significant number.

Quote Originally Posted by Twistedhoof View Post
    In 10 man this was very simple just spread out and then collpase onto the tank/melee when the spores go up.
    We tried this idea on our attempts on him, but we were finding that some people weren't getting the innoculation. The theory was that the spores were trying to hit some people twice and skipping some players.

Quote Originally Posted by Telemachus View Post
    We tried this idea on our attempts on him, but we were finding that some people weren't getting the innoculation. The theory was that the spores were trying to hit some people twice and skipping some players.
    Having everyone collapse in did not work for us for a different reason. Tank was dying while healers were running. So we went with the strategy of main tank healer (pally) with melee. When the spores were up one would go to tanks and melee and pally healer collapsed onto tanks. Second spore and range would collapse on the Disc Priest who never moved for the whole encounter. Took a couple of attempts to figure out all the variations of who should run where depending on who had the spores, but went very well after that.

As for the enrage timer, we are a 10 man guild mostly geared in 232 with whatever loot we have from ICC and frost badges and finished the fight in 4:21, running 3 healers. It is a gear check, but doable without having ridiculous gear levels. My guess is that the encounter will likely receive a visit from the nerf fairy before too long tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Zxian View Post
    @Thegreatme - You sure you were doing this on normal? It looks like you were very close to pushing the enrage timer, despite the relatively high DPS of your raid.

Maybe I'm just used to most PuG DPS performing terribly...
    One thing you might not have noticed is that we did have a bear druid there as well acting as a third "oh shit" tank since we were still relatively unsure exactly what was going to happen. Notice that the druid actually helped save us towards the end whenever our warrior went down by taunting and preventing me from getting 10 stacks while our warrior was getting rezzed. So, yeah, the bear could definitely have gone dps spec and shaved off a bit more time. There is still a fairly hefty gearcheck on both your tanks and dps, though. This is not going to be puggable until it's either nerfed or pugs manifest a lot of gear and skill out of somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelia View Post
    One thing you might not have noticed is that we did have a bear druid there as well acting as a third "oh shit" tank since we were still relatively unsure exactly what was going to happen. Notice that the druid actually helped save us towards the end whenever our warrior went down by taunting and preventing me from getting 10 stacks while our warrior was getting rezzed. So, yeah, the bear could definitely have gone dps spec and shaved off a bit more time. There is still a fairly hefty gearcheck on both your tanks and dps, though. This is not going to be puggable until it's either nerfed or pugs manifest a lot of gear and skill out of somewhere.
    Well, that or over time, the buff that is placed to the entire raid as the Ashen Verdict get "stronger" will probably help make this more and more puggable depending on how big of a buff it is.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

The enrage timer on this fight is real tight, my 10 man group got it with maybe 10 seconds left. On a side note, we found on accident at one point, that a pally bubble will remove the Gastric Bloat stacks in case of an extreme emergency. Not sure though if this will also remove the inoculated stacks or not though. I didn't think to ask him.

Easy strat for Fester 25

This is how it should look-

And this is my foolproof way of making it happen --

1 healer on left side marked with Symbol - 1 right side marked with symbol (These healers do not have to move for entire fight)
    All dps closest to left collapse on left marked healer. All dps closest to right collapse on right marked healer.
    (Well aware that there will be healers running as well, if your a healer or caster dps, use your brain, if the spore in melee is closer then running to either side, run to melee spore)

Spores are ran to these two healers.

If two spores spawn left ranged , the spore person that is closer to the right, make the run to the right healer with the mark. Vice Versa for two spores on right.

If two spores spawn in melee, one melee spore must be brought to left or right marked healer(The one without a spore)

This way, more heals/better dps -- win win

----------- The only thing missing here is moving back to your position and keeping 8 yards away from any person, if you can remember where you were it should not be a problem ------------

Re:

Yeah, two main points for us also.

1) Tank damage starts off quite manageable, then ramps up. Raid damage starts off ramped up, then becomes manageable. This means that up to the first inhale, one tank healer and two on the raid is enough. After the first inhale, you want two healers on the tank and one on the raid.

2) The enrage timer is VERY tight. We had four enrage wipes, three of which were below 3%; underestimate it at your peril.

In saying that, I think the fight is perfectly tuned.

We didn't run with a shaman (opening up the "Bloodlust necessary" argument), but on each of those wipes we lost someone for well over 10 seconds and we had one member of the raid who was undergeared and not providing the expected level of DPS.

Considering our guild is one of those that runs with strong tanks and healers and slightly weaker DPS generally, I certainly wouldn't say the fight needs any retuning.

So...

Perfectly executed with two tanks (Protection warrior and Blood death knight), three healers (Discipline priest, Holy priest and Restoration druid) and five just above average DPS (Arcane mage, Destruction warlock, Blood death knight, Survival hunter, Feral druid each capable of 5k or more) is enough to down him without Bloodlust - so he's well tuned.

Welcome to "the Keepers of Icecrown".
    Unwavering Sentinel: Tales of a Protection Warrior Running Wild.
    http://unwaveringsentinel.blogspot.co.uk

+ Reply to Thread