+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3.3 - Threat and Rage Gen Issues, Warrior Tank

3.3 - Threat and Rage Gen Issues, Warrior Tank

My main is a bear but i do randoms on my warrior as well for emblems and just to keep him geared and ready should I get the urge to switch my main to the warrior again.

here is my warriors armory:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

Since 3.3 I have noticed a real challenge with threat and even more so with rage generation. My memory of pre 3.3 was pretty much baving a full rage bar in most situations and using all gcd's. lately it seems my rage bar is empty and I am having to choose to not spam HS or Cleave as a rage dump.

i notice this some on my bear as well but not nearly as bad as on my warrior and my bear gear is significantly better.

Now i think part of the threat issue is that I find 5500 gearscore dpsers tend to think they can do whatever they want in heroics and tend to always be in a hurry like they have some important date to get to. So I know part of it is dealing with 6k dps warlocks pulling the second group ahead of us, etc. or when i pull with my gun to get a boss forward as I backup and slingshot charge in for starting rage - while the 6k dps warlock is already unloading a torrent of pain before i really get a hit in. That stuff I know isn't my fault.

But it seems in general threat is a challenge when it didn't used to be.

And maybe it really is just running with a pug where i used to only run with friends. I knew how my friends played and we complimented each others styles. But Could it really just be the variability of pugs and how people play?

Anyone else noticing issues with threat and/or rage?

Did something change in 3.3 that i need to adjust?

i tweaked my talent spec and glyphs a little for more aoe threat in heroics so my talent spec you will see is a new one. take that into consideration when you visit my Armory.

the spec was almost identical (dropped imp Revenge, maxed out Shield Spec) but i dropped glyphs of Revenge, Heroic Strike and Blocking for Cleave, Devastate and Shockwave)

I haven't noticed any change, but it's been awhile since I've had a perma full rage bar. Your spec and glyphs look fine to me. Are you using blood thrist and berserker rage?

You're over geared for most heroics. You might think about popping in some dps trinkets if you have any instead of the stam ones for the non-ICC heroics.

Sorry to burry out a thread, but I had the same problem with my warrior. Fortunately this pretty much fixed it for me. I just use it for heroics or trash.

+ Reply to Thread