+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ICC virgin tank last minute question

ICC virgin tank last minute question

Ok guys, long time reader as a healer but tonight I make my debut as my new guild’s main tank in my first ICC. I have spent hours, and lots of gold, specing and respecing to find the right place to be between effective health, avoidance, and threat. I walked thru TOC last night with undergeared healers and dps and came out shinning like a pearl. Any last minute suggestions before tonight’s 10pm est raid would be spectacular. I know that most of being an efficient/talented tank is experience so I’m an open book.

My armory (As pathetic as it is) - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...st&n=Daedalous
    Before the raid I need to grab a couple of chants I know. Stam to boots, gloves, and chest. And I traded out my furnace stone last night for the brewfest trink just for the 2k health, to my healer’s delight.
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 01-05-2010 at 03:59 PM.

Hit and Strength aren't really something you should worry gemming about. The gem in your head can be an Enduring Eye instead, and the str one in your gloves can be dodge instead of strength!

Mark of blood is quite good! Get it
    Rune Tap is probably nice too o.o

I'll move this to the HALP forum, you'll get better feedback there. And please avoid using formatting in your posts, it makes it harder to read.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Ok, we went with myself as OT and a pally MT with around the same gear level as myself. It wasn't long before I took the MT job since I have a higher healthpool and seemed to be mitigating the inc dmg much better. Twin druids and a shammy and we couldn't get thru Lord M. I decided to be the "hated" one and subbed the shaman out for a healadin and we pushed strait thru the the gunship! I know people have been clearing this for weeks now, but it just feels good. With the dps we were packing the adds on Deathwhisper was no problem. I couldn't even get them twards the back of the room before they were down. I will be taking mark of blood. I had copied a blood dk's build on my server that is leet but I realized lastnight he didn't need it because he is leet. I have 10k less health than he does, I need it. I had alot of trouble holding adds at the begining in blood spec and frost just feels weird. Should I drop that dnd or IT-PS-PEST-BB-BB? Seems I loose the same aggro either way I go. On the single targets, the pally has trouble taunting off me. He taunts, I white dmg and I have aggro again. I am opening with IT-PS-DS-HS-HS-HS-HS-ERW-HS-HS-HS-DS-BT-HS-HS and the boss is glued. Should I be the one, which is my OT's suggestion, "backing off" my opener so that he can get second in aggro, or should he be working his rotation? Thanks for all the help guys!

I am sorry that I posted in format. I was unaware that I did it. I wrote the post in outlook and pasted.

-Tanking is fun! I can't believe I've been missing out!-

Pally's should not have trouble with aggro on single targets. He either doesn't use the 9/6/9 rotation, or is using the wrong seal, maybe even lacking expertise it's hard to say, but as the pally off-tank in my guilds icc25 mans I have zero problem on single target threat. Even when the warrior picks up initial threat and starts off with a good 25k ahead of me, I still catch up and stay within close proximity of him and even pass him if I don't watch it. Your base HP is looking slightly low but definately doable in ICC 10man. I would try for the black heart from toc5 norm or the essence of gossamer from heroic AN. An extra 1k health will be more beneficial to you then the Ony Trinket IMO.
    Noob Prot Pally - Armory

+ Reply to Thread