+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need some education about sword choice

Need some education about sword choice

I have my hilt and I am about to pick which two-hander I want. I am planing on using it in a Fury set.
    I have been reading and what I can figure is that the Agi/ArP one is better to start with - but the str one will be the better choice when one is ICC geared.
    Without a wall of math, can someone help explain in easy terms why that is? and how well geared does one have to be before the str sword begins to scale better?

Thanks

that doesn't really make much sense to me to be honest, the agi/arp one is better because the allocation of stats overall is better, you don't waste much other than agi is less crit than crit rating for a warrior 1 rating vs 1 rating, but ArP is good, and so is Agi, versus the str one which I think has haste which is not an ideal dps stat (it's not terrible, it's just lowest on the rung of stats).

The only way I can think of is that after you get geared enough you'll reach the ArP softcap (around 51-54% ArP from gear/gems alone) while having an ArP proc trinket like the Grim Toll/Mjolnir's Runestone/NEScorpion it's generally advised to stop trying to get more ArP and instead focus on Str again because at this point you potentially 'waste' ArP when you proc over 100%. And once you "reach" this softcap, the ArP on the agi/arp one because more of a "wasted" stat, than the str one, and haste albeit not the highest in priority, is still a dps gain, so that's probably why.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

that doesn't really make much sense to me to be honest, the agi/arp one is better because the allocation of stats overall is better, you don't waste much other than agi is less crit than crit rating for a warrior 1 rating vs 1 rating, but ArP is good, and so is Agi, versus the str one which I think has haste which is not an ideal dps stat (it's not terrible, it's just lowest on the rung of stats).

The only way I can think of is that after you get geared enough you'll reach the ArP softcap (around 51-54% ArP from gear/gems alone) while having an ArP proc trinket like the Grim Toll/Mjolnir's Runestone/NEScorpion it's generally advised to stop trying to get more ArP and instead focus on Str again because at this point you potentially 'waste' ArP when you proc over 100%. And once you "reach" this softcap, the ArP on the agi/arp one because more of a "wasted" stat, than the str one, and haste albeit not the highest in priority, is still a dps gain, so that's probably why.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread