Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: ICC - Professor Putricide

I was wondering if someone coudl calarify something about the debuff put on the tanks.

Everything i have read, says the debuff lasts only 60 seconds. However, when i am looking though logs, thats not what i see.

In this log World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

I pulled out a few relevent points. Below is when the DK tank (tank 1) was inflicted with the plague.

[04:18:10.600] Tarask afflicted by Mutated Plague from Professor Putricide
    [04:18:20.727] Tarask afflicted by Mutated Plague (2) from Professor Putricide
    [04:18:31.125] Tarask afflicted by Mutated Plague (3) from Professor Putricide
    [04:19:56.036] Tarask's Mutated Plague fades
    Now this is when Professor was attacking the DK. (i chopped some of the early stuff out, and am only showing when the dk stops tanking, then when he starts tanking again....
    [04:18:31.468] Professor Putricide hits Tarask 15666 (A: 4161)
    [04:18:32.661] Professor Putricide hits Tarask Miss
    [04:19:48.830] Professor Putricide hits Tarask Parry
    [04:19:50.186] Professor Putricide hits Tarask Parry
    [04:19:51.310] Professor Putricide hits Tarask 8634
    [04:19:52.470] Professor Putricide hits Tarask Dodge
    [04:19:53.731] Professor Putricide hits Tarask Dodge
    [04:19:54.996] Professor Putricide hits Tarask 7970
    As you can see, Tarask tanks up until 4:18:32, (he htis 3 stacks), then two other tanks take over getting 3 stacks and 4 stacks. Then Tarask Taunts back and starts tanking again at4:19:48.... thats 1m16s after he stopped tanking. The debuff should have fallen off him and healed PP if its a 60s debuff timer.

What am i missing?

Quote Originally Posted by saedo View Post
    Looking at your try 5, this appears to be the approx P3 split of that: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

Your choking gas fails in P3 are from these: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

Would probably help to tighten the gap in dps between some of your players.
    Wow, this is really helpful. Is there any chance I could get you to tell me how you utilize the log for a specific period of time like that? I have no idea how to do that.....

Thanks again for the help....
    Deeps for show..... tank for dough.....

I think the debuff duration is longer than a minute. My other tanks pointed out that the tooltip was showing it as a 2 minute debuff. Tooltips often round up, so judging by your first quote it looks like its 85s duration. I do wonder whether it's 1 min in 10 man but longer in 25? That might explain some of the confusion?

The actual spell shows 60s on WoWHead (the same ID as listed in the logs) so it sounds like they did some last-second fix to the data or hotfixed it during the very late patch process.
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

Quote Originally Posted by Unger View Post
    Wow, this is really helpful. Is there any chance I could get you to tell me how you utilize the log for a specific period of time like that? I have no idea how to do that.....

Hly moly, I figured it out. You are absolutely right. We have 4-5 dps that typically average 7-8k around 4-5k because of the debuff. Your analysis was perfect.

I REALLY appreciate you pointing me in the right direction here.

Thanks Saedo!

In the damage done section (or any of them really) you see that line graph? What you do is click drag to highlight a specific section, then right click and hit "set page to selection".

Use key events to find out where you want to split. In your case, I first looked and tried when your last Volatile Ooze died. Then around there, looked for a drop in dps (assuming that was Tear Gas), and highlighted from then on to the end. That should be P3, another sanity check is to make sure the Abom no longer exists in the selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Yagamoth View Post
    I've finally found a video in which the strategy I thought about is used:
    YouTube - Professor Putricide Made Easy

Summary: The raid simply stays on the green side, immediately switching to the green slime when it spawns. Caster stationed towards the center and switching to the red one instantly.

My thoughts:
    If you should hit a wall with the DPS requirements because of the hard enrage, you may consider this strategy. It may even give you enough room for a 4 Tank strategy, whith intelligent/lucky goo positioning that is.
    edit: It might be beneficial if you move the meelees/healers in groups, so you can easily heal them via group heals.

Any other things on this, I might have missed?
    So, answering myself:

It really IS much easier to stack up on the green one. After our first week of attempts on the prof wasn't exactly successful, we managed to get into P3 easily with this strategy. (And wiped about 4 times below 5% before downing him)

Summary: Much more damage in general due to not permanently walking around and killing the green ones faster.

It also works in 10 man, though you may want to stay out of range and nuke after the first pushback if you don't have too much meelees.

We gave the strat in that video a try this week (going for the 2nd kill) and agree it made things a lot simpler, cutting down on a lot of movement and increasing dps time on all targets.

One of the key moments in the fight is the transition from phase 2->phase 3, which you really need to do without having an ooze/gas up (about to die is ok). If you are moving too much, there's a chance that you will kill the ooze, then push to 35% just as he casts unstable experiment. With our more movement intensive strat, we chose to have a handful of melee not switch for the experiment before the transition. With this strat, it wasn't necessary. I think that illustrates the efficiency gain quite well.

We finally got Professor down on 25 man.... a couple of things to note that really helped us with our fight....

1) Have the mages, warlocks and hunters stand close enough to where the Volatile Ooze spawns to dps before it even starts moving. If it targets them, they can use their portal, blink iceblock and/or feign death to buy more time.

2) You can have all ranged stand close enough to dps the Gas Cloud when it spawns as its kited easily. Blow it up even before its moving.

3) Have all the melee stand to one side of the back of the boss. This way you dont have to move the boss when he inevitably throws a green slime down there.... they can strafe to the other side.

4) With 5 seconds left on the choking gas vial timer, have all melee move to the front of the boss (call it out).

5) When the vials drop, move the boss right away at least 15 yards away.

6) Give yourself at least 2 minutes in Phase III. It makes life easier.

7) Timing on Phase changes is REALLY important. You want to have no slime up going into phase III or have it low on health. DPS to 37% and call for a full stop on dps. Burn the add that is up and when it is at 60%, switch all the ranged back to the boss. He should push 35% before the timer goes for the next add. The add that is up will be fine as long as its below 35%. Dots and retargeting (which it does after a phase change) means it will go down before it does any serious damage.

Hope this helps!

5) When the vials drop, move the boss right away at least 15 yards away.
    Better still, watch the DBM timer for when the vials are due to drop and pre-emptively move the boss to an out-of-the-way spot. You'll find this normally (not always) coincides with the time when dps should be on a slime/ooze anyway.

Yeah that works as long as you havent moved him before he drops them. If the timer is off or you move him before, all the melee that were in front are now in back when he drops them and they get the hit debuff. Believe me, we went back and forth on this... its better to wait until you see the vials IMO!

Of course, YMMV!

I'd like to give a small addition to the achievement:

It really is not as hard as it looks. We made it in the first try without any major problems. Though I'd like to add some things you my want to consider:

- I recommend at least 3 ranged DPS. It is doable with less, but it should make it more trivial.
    --> The more meelees you've got, the faster they should be in switching
    - Being hit by the red slime isn't that bad if the followed person simply runs as far as possible
    --> Our elemental shaman was hit, but since he ran away some distance the stacks were not high anymore and the raid only took about 10k damage
    - Simply stand on the green side and nuke the green one immediately
    --> The caster do not necessarily have to move in range, let them nuke and have the healer/meelees/tank move in
    - The more damage the easier it is
    --> Only use 2 healers and let the abomination focus more on dps on the slimes(you can move putricide near the slime pools for some additional DPS from the abom)
    - Do it now.
    --> Even though it might get easier with more gear, you probably don't want to use your tries when hardmodes are out (or defeat the prof in normal mode anymore)

Note: We had a fairly decent group, so it might not be as trivial for you as it was for us.

Our raidcomp:
    DPS:
    Arcane Mage
    Moonkin
    Hunter
    Elemental Shaman
    Rogue
    Retri Pala

Healer:
    Druid
    Disci Priest

Tanks: