Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: ICC - Professor Putricide

We killed it on 25 today, a few things to note.

-3 tank rotation sub 35%
    -If the debuff falls off of the tanks at all he heals, dont try and use fancy tricks to get rid of it.
    -Do not keep him on the gas side, they move way to fast to risk it, just move him back in forth between the 2 sides.

Tonight we noticed the already mentioned bug where the ooze/cloud continually resets his target without moving when the Abom uses its sunder on it.

We also noticed sometimes only getting 1 slime puddle, making it impossibly to use the abom slow on an ooze/cloud, and also slime puddles spawning inside the zone walls where they couldn't be consumed until they had expanded outside of the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantheria View Post
    Tonight we noticed the already mentioned bug where the ooze/cloud continually resets his target without moving when the Abom uses its sunder on it.

We also noticed sometimes only getting 1 slime puddle, making it impossibly to use the abom slow on an ooze/cloud, and also slime puddles spawning inside the zone walls where they couldn't be consumed until they had expanded outside of the wall.
    1 slime puddle isnt a bad thing as you only REALLY need to slow the gas cloud ones.

EDIT: Also. Its VERY important that you dont push him into phase 2 or 3 with a gas up, as it resets the target and the slow stacks and can really mess up your raid.

Very well tuned for a normal and i cant wait to see it on hard mode.
    Last edited by squats; 01-08-2010 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daereg View Post
    Only got to try the fight in 10 man so far, but does it seem logical to just always tank him on the Gas Side of the room? Noticed you always need to be relatively near to gas slimes and always as far as possible from green ooze slimes, for maximum dps time on them.
    We were considering doing this. Keeping the tank and melee where the Green Ooze spawns lets the raid have 100% dps time on the Ooze, and gain free dps before it activates and begins charging someone. Worst case scenario is that it targets a melee and does a knockback on them, or two, but meanwhile every ranged dpser is free to nuke it down safely from range. While it is possibly a bit more raid damage should a few melee be targeted back to back, it seems like a more controlled approach and allows the melee to have significantly higher dps time on the spawns.

We wiped 10 times in our group with 4 melee and 2 ranged dps, and then killed him in 2 pulls with mostly alts having 5 ranged dps and just 1 melee. Having the melee at the spawn point was the only good solution we came up with other than benching melee and stacking more ranged dps.

All ranged dps and casters would still move to the south side of the room, standing at max dps range for the spawn and ready to switch immediately to it and begin dpsing when it spawns before it activates. Everyone would stand at range for the Brown Gas Clouds of course.

I think you are mistaken, the gas oozes are the ones that wipe the raid if you get hit by them.

I would not suggest you tank him over there, the reason being you absolutely need to slow the gas ooze unless you have plenty of body and soul's and sprints, they move very fast and will catch up with the person being slowed.

Unless they move slower on 10 man (i dont think they do)

Does the Green Ooze die/explode when it reaches the raid and do its explosion for tons of raid damage ? Or does it just pick a new target and go for them.

I ask this because from seeing the Paragon and Cuties kills where often THEY cant even put out the dps needed to take down the green slimes and end up collapsing to the stunned player to take the raid damage. Would it be better just to focus the boss to get to the timer and take the explosion as raid damage and heal through?

Also can the ooze/gas cloud be snared with hunter traps?

It picks a new target. And the raid damage is split among all it hits, so more people, less damage.

So you'll need to kill it, or other oozes will spawn.

And no, you can't snare it with anything except the Abomination.

What is everyone opinion on speccing into Safeguard for this fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Surfie View Post
    What is everyone opinion on speccing into Safeguard for this fight?
    Worthless. There isnt really that much damage from the green ooze unless you arnt stacking up on it, and safeguard wont fix that. And the red ooze is almost a guaranteed wipe if it does hit someone.

The only thing i can think of that would help is maybe..interveneing a tank but..idk if thats a good idea.

25 man Rush Professor Putricide video (Abomination Point of View)

YouTube - Rush Vs. Professor Putricide (25 man Normal Mode)
    Finkill | <Rush> | US Horde | Dark Iron
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...inkill&gn=Rush

Quote Originally Posted by Badga View Post
    25 man Rush Professor Putricide video (Abomination Point of View)

YouTube - Rush Vs. Professor Putricide (25 man Normal Mode)

I was controlling the Abom, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
    Havx | <Tasty Beverage> | US Alliance | Bleeding Hollow
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Hollow&cn=Havx

How exactly should the dps position? it seems that people either get hit by goo or don't bring the green ones to below 500k before it explodes. People going in center seems kind of counterproductive. Seems far harder on 25 than the 10man mode, either that or ppl just don't know wtf to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Vah View Post
    I was controlling the Abom, so if you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Were you able to keep up Mutated Slash on the boss + adds? We killed it in 10man, and I was often able to have the debuff up on at least the adds (while doing a fair amount of damage to them)--but the rate of slime growth in 25man kept me from being anything buy a slime-bot (and ranged use of the slow ability).

I'm guessing it may just be a matter of intelligent kiting of the add/boss, so that they are kited past a slime pool to allow the Abom to put up the debuff.

Edit: I just read that Mutated Slash does not stack with Sunder, so there's no huge reason why I should worry about this.
    Last edited by Belicia; 01-11-2010 at 09:42 AM.

Very very nice ty

we did the 25men today with a bit different strag.
    -MT tank the boss close to where the green goo spawn.
    -whenever green and gas cloud spawn everyone dps it include melee (except the target of gas cloud to run away from it)
    - P2 same spot to tank (or around that area for avoiding the gas jars)
    - before P3 35%...(we actually stop DPS at 38%) see if possible any goo will spawn soon or spawned already, if so, kill it first before entering.
    -P3 pretty much like vashj except switching tanks, bloodlust and blow every CD ypuve got.

Quote Originally Posted by Belicia View Post
    Were you able to keep up Mutated Slash on the boss + adds? We killed it in 10man, and I was often able to have the debuff up on at least the adds (while doing a fair amount of damage to them)--but the rate of slime growth in 25man kept me from being anything buy a slime-bot (and ranged use of the slow ability).

I'm guessing it may just be a matter of intelligent kiting of the add/boss, so that they are kited past a slime pool to allow the Abom to put up the debuff.

Edit: I just read that Mutated Slash does not stack with Sunder, so there's no huge reason why I should worry about this.
    Yes, Mutated Slash is Armor reduction, despite the main tooltip. If you check the effect tooltip and stats here: Mutated Slash - Spell - World of Warcraft you'll see it says "Reduces armor by 4%".

However, it should still be used if you have time, simply due to the damage. The Abom hits pretty hard and the Slash is 100% weapon damage and can crit for pretty high amounts. I was seeing values upwards of 12k+ last night, so I can't see how it hurts.

It's also worth noting that it appears that Mutated Slash and Eat Ooze do not share a GCD (Eat Ooze doesn't seem to actually trigger a GCD, but instead simply has a 1s cooldown itself.) So it actually seems possible to both spam Mutated Slash and Eat Ooze on the boss/add at the same time if it happens to be close enough to a slime pool. Worth keeping in mind.
    Maintainer of Rawr.ProtWarr theorycrafting tool. Feel free to PM suggestions or feature requests!

anyone have any guesses as the mechanics at work that will cause him to some times drop the gas bombs closer together? most of the time it seems he likes to drop them directly to his sides, but other times the animations are practically touching eachother and that debuff is quite possibly one of the most frustrating things I have dealt with in an encounter in a long time.

I'm thinking it has to do with his huge hit box. like when ever it starts clipping into a wall the game thinks that putricides animation is actually next to the wall and thus pushes one of the gas bombs inward. the only problem with this hypothesis is that I've seen him drop gas bombs close to eachother even when he's in the middle of the room.

anyone have any other ideas?

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

While we were doing this we had issues with the phase transitions dropping the paladins auras. Figured it would be worth noting

Quote Originally Posted by Belicia View Post

If you have spare time to do it then by all means go nuts, however I would say that positioning the boss to make it easier for you to hit the boss once or twice at the cost of easier positioning for the goo, I would say it isn't worth it. Just stick to staying on top of the slime on the ground and make sure to slow the goo ONCE IT TARGETS someone. It is quite buggy with the targeting so you can muster out a few extra seconds with the slow, but just waiting for it to grab a target.
    Finkill | <Rush> | US Horde | Dark Iron
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...inkill&gn=Rush

Did he get nerfed in the last couple days?