Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: ICC - Professor Putricide

Quote Originally Posted by Regill View Post
    Putricide is grossly overtuned for a normal mode encounter.

Think of it this way. If not a single guild can kill it in a night in 25 man mode, and only 122 in 10 man mode... he's overtuned. I'd expect that sort of difficulty from heroic mode.

The abom needs to be able to eat slime faster, and cast the slow more easily. This would let the Abom be used in an offensive role more, rather than standing in place mashing the 1 key nonstop. The hp of the oozes and clouds needs to be reduced as well.

25 man should also be tuned so that 3 aboms is possible, that makes sense, 1 abom in ten, 3 in 25.

Given the immense Tuesday lag on my server I still have almost all of my ten man attempts left and all my 25, it wasn't worth wasting them, but I know we are planning to wait on 25 putricide till Monday, expecting a hotfix.
    They are doing a reinforcment system when all of the gates are open that will increase your health, damage, and healing output. Everyone will have their chance to kill him, it just might not be in the first week its out.. is that such a bad thing that we have a difficult boss in wrath?

I'm the off-tank (25) for a guild that burned its 10 for the week. This means I controlled the abomination. I had a question about your people's experience with the oozes (both gas and volatile) targetting for their fixates.

Based on our position strategy, I would customarily be able to consume growing green goo puddles while being in range of freshly-spawned Gases or Volatile oozes. Since ability 3 (the devastate-like special that does about 10k, 20kcrit) is on a separate cooldown from consume-goo ability, I would try to attack the freshly-spawning adds while working on my consumptionso as to be useful. While doing this, I found that the ooze's fixate would sometimes reset, that is he would cast and then do nothing and recast and do nothing, etc. This would end up jacking up our raid DPS assignments/plans counting on a victim being chosen (and not getting close to an ooze until it had fixated). From a handful of data points, it appeared this behavior was correlated to me (the abom) hitting the ooze hard. Someone in the raid also suggested the ooze's fixates were interruptible, but no one tested it.

Has anyone experienced similar behavior? Or can illuminate if there is any predictability behind the ooze fixate targets?

------------------------------------------------
    Random other notes for off-tanks relegated to abom control-duty:
    - Two goo piles will spawn at the same rate that adds spawn (2 new goo piles per new add)
    - It takes 13ish goo consumes to build enough energy to cast your snare (which is vitally important).
    - If you immediately begin consuming goo piles until they disappear, it is possible to energy-starve yourself from having enough goo energy to cast snare, since you can kill off a puddle pretty fast. As such, when the overall room-goo population is relatively low, you should view your goo-eating duties as "farming"; that is, allow the piles to grow some and then harvesting without killing them.
    - Spamming consume nonstop and having to move periodically will give you enough to afford a bit over 1 snare-ability (#2) per add spawn. Every few add spawns you may be able to bank enough to allow 2 snares on an add for which DPS is underperforming.
    - Your #3 ability applies the same debuff as sunder armor, and also stacks 5 times, it lasts 20 seconds.
    - Your #2 ability (snare) has a travel time, but has a huge range. When a new ooze add spawns, you don't need to snare it immediately since they cast a fixate for about 2 seconds after spawning. Make sure (accounting for travel time) that the snare is applied when the ooze becomes mobile.
    - Your #1 ability is only castable while 'on top' of a goo puddle. The state of "being on a goo puddle" is updated slowly, meaning you can run onto a puddle, but your #1 ability won't be usable for another 3-seconds or so. Being on the puddle seemeed to (anecdotally) update faster if I strafed around a lot on top of a pile. Similarly, you can continue to cast #1 even after you moved *away* from a puddle and it will still consume from the puddle you used to be on. You can try to play tricks with this to sneak away from puddles for 0.5-1.0s(isH) and attack shit while still being able consume on CD.
    - If 3 goo piles are up at the same time, you've fallen behind. In cases like this, it may be worthwhile to identify freshly-spawned puddles and nip them in the bud (i.e kill them off in ~3 consumes), and let a larger puddle just continue to expand until you can get to it.

Hello!! Can anyone please tell me, how many HP does the Volatile Ooze have in 10/25 mode please?

Quote Originally Posted by tichphys View Post
    IWhile doing this, I found that the ooze's fixate would sometimes reset, that is he would cast and then do nothing and recast and do nothing, etc. This would end up jacking up our raid DPS assignments/plans counting on a victim being chosen (and not getting close to an ooze until it had fixated). From a handful of data points, it appeared this behavior was correlated to me (the abom) hitting the ooze hard. Someone in the raid also suggested the ooze's fixates were interruptible, but no one tested it.

I can't help but feel there is something slighty buggy about the fixate mechanic - on rotface there were rare occasions where i could get aggro from the small oozes (i was the kiter) rather than them just fixating the person it drops from. Usualy this happened on the first ooze because out of habit i;d just throw a shield slam on it when it spawned. This didn't always work though, so it just seems that there's something a bit broken with the fixate which could also to apply to what you are experiencing (perhaps you "gain aggro" from the ooze but it can't aggro you because you're an abomo so it just freaks out).
    Xíanth <Valkyria>

Slimes have 1.5m hp in 25man. We can get more than 1 abom for some reason, but it's probably a bug as blizzard said, just using 1 abom means that guy barely even has time to eat slimes + slow the mobs, definitely no abom-devastating.

The encounter is not bugged, it is actually not as difficult as people are making it out to be. We had a kill on our third attempt. We will be releasing a video in a day or two with both Abom (Me) and a resto shaman point of view (25 man).
    Havx | <Tasty Beverage> | US Alliance | Bleeding Hollow
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...Hollow&cn=Havx

Grats !

Since i'll probably be on Abom duty, any tips you'd like to share as well as on the encounter in general ? Thanks in advance

I actually really enjoyed this encounter. I actually had fun wiping and progressing (10 man). I just think they need to figure out a way to make it a little more accessible to melee-heavy groups.

I am curious, though. Did anyone else try with a melee heavy group? That was our biggest issue. We may be a 10 man guild, but our melee do not slack (our top 2-3 pushing around 9k on Festergut). We had four melee DPS, and that just made it really difficult for us (Rogue, ret pally, enhancement shaman, arms warrior, and toss in a destro lock). The amount of raid DPS lost on the boss with all your DPS running around, as well as how much DPS time you lose on the slimes (waiting 3 seconds for them to pick a target, then having to run in) was really evident.

We also kept having a situation where the green slimes would try to target the Abom, but they can't beam / stun them. So if the melee went in, the slime would just switch to one of them and blow up immediately. Anyone else notice that?
    "Sometimes attaining the deepest familiarity with a question is our best substitute for actually having the answer." -- Brian Greene.

I got to be the abom for 5 of our 10 attempts in 10 man. We still have our 10 attempts for 25 man, not used yet.

I find being the abom, while fun, a bit frustrating. In the start of the fight, you have to be really careful not to energy starve yourself by eating the pools too fast. At the same time... you want to be able to slow the first slime. It is a bit of a trick of timing and it can be different every time depending on where the initial slime pools land. A few attempts the two slimes landed exactly on top of each other, one time a slime landed on the potion table and I didn't realize it till it was too late.

I feel like I would have to be eating, non-stop to keep the pools down to a minimum. I want to help out on the boss and the adds, but when I do so, you can easily behind on slime pools. Not to mention, when Putricide stuns you when going into phase 2, the pools continue to grow, and the timer on the slow debuff continues to go down - which can cause even more issues.

I agree that the fight is a bit over done, at least on 10 man.

We noticed a few bugs as well, the slows not working is one (it goes off, slime is not slowed) and a few times we had the issue where once the abom/fiend driver gets into their abom/fiend, it will suddenly kick them out and they will have to run back to the table and drink another potion.

Final note, because of the issue of timing in the very beginning, to get 50 energy before the first slime without eating all the slime pools before 50, the raid should be prepared that the abom driver will not have enough energy. If this is the case, you should be able to survive as long as everyone collapses on the person who has the bloat (stuck in place) to absorb a hit from the green slime. It is easily healed and if the fiend can't slow it right away, should not be considered a wipe.

Paragon released a video of their 25-man kill here:

YouTube - Paragon vs Professor Putricide (Normal mode) 25

Pretty much everything is the same as the above I mentioned. A couple notes that I thought were interesting is that they do tank transitions at 30 seconds in P3 (or so) - I'm guessing either two or three stacks per tank. DoTs are also active on Putricide on phase transitions, so it's probably worth it to hold DPS a bit and refresh DoTs. The abom concentrates almost entirely on eating oozes and doing slows; almost no DPS from the abom.

How was the raid damage in 10man version? is it 2 healable without much problems for 2 priests?

We ran all ten tries on our 10 man last night and got some valuable data. Just FYI,we did NOT get it down.... getting to right about phase III so take my advice for what its worth.

Instructions for Raid

We ran this on 10 man last night and learned a lot. First mechanic, the slimes that spawn come separately…. And they come from the large fluid containers in the ground. The green one comes first so it helps to be on the far left of the room (facing in from the door) when it pops. After it selects a target, everyone else runs to the add (melee too) and burns it down. The green one you don’t “HAVE” to kill before it reaches its target…. But if you do not, you have to stack to split the damage and it will knock everyone back. Its not ideal.

After the green slime is dead, move to the other side of the room (right if facing in) and be prepared to kite the orange slime. This slime pretty much has to die before it gets to its target. The good news is you can kite this one (the green one locks you in place). Don’t go in the corner hoping to dps it down…. Actually kite it around the room.

He will enter phase II right about the time the 2nd slime comes up (the orange one). He will stun you for about 15 seconds and then resume, this time throwing pots and such at the ground. The slimes still come. Killing the slimes is the biggest mechanic of the fight so far, but you do have to avoid the bombs and slimes on the ground. Continue to move the boss back and forth across the room to give you as much time as possible (away from the spawning slime) and rinse and repeat.

In phase II, the tank will be moving constantly and there is some raid damage. Just be aware. Also, you cannot have more than one Abom up at a time so you can forget having 3 up to make the job easier. Its actually not terribly hard to do with one if you have the hang of it.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR ABOM

There are a few intricacies. First, when you drink the potion, you will not change right away. It takes about 5 seconds. Don’t worry about it, you will.

The first thing you do is eat green oozes on the ground (#1 ability on keybind). You have to do this right away but you cant be too fast, because if you eat the oozes too quickly, they will be gone and you wont have the 50 energy you need to slow the slime (they grow if you don’t eat them). You get energy from eating ooze so it’s a constant battle to make sure you have 50 energy (I call it energy because it’s a yellow energy bar, but it could be anything). Stand directly in the patch of green ooze and eat 2-3 bites, then switch to the other ooze. That way, the first one will grow a bit and allow you to get more. If you don’t, you wont have enough energy.

Once you get to 50, get close to where the ooze spawns (underneath the appropriate color fluid on the walls of the room). When the slime first spawns, it wont move for a second or 2. Wait to slow it. If you do it right away, the slow will wear off near your teammates. Use this time to get a slash or two on it for the debuff (#3 on keybind). Once it starts moving, THEN use the slow ability (it’s the #2 and you have to have 50 energy). It is your MOST important job to slow that add. If you cant, it gets really hard for the raid to survive. On the orange slime, it might be impossible.

One other caveat: Don’t slow the slime add right before phase II starts. There is a timer on your slow…. And the 10-15 seconds he has you stunned counts. The slow will wear off and you likely wont have the energy to reapply. Phase II is at 80% so if you are getting close, have dps STOP on the boss or push it into phase II before the slime goes active and apply the slow AFTER the stun.

If you just take the boss straight to the orange side when you pull him, the abom player will have to get the slimes there and run to the other side to slow the add. We have the tank pull the boss to the green side first….. have him drop two slimes and then pull him to the orange side. The green add wont spawn before he gets to the other side. This allows the Abom person to have slimes right where the green add spawns. You have time, so there is no real rush. Doing it this way ensures that you have slime pools to eat on the correct side of your spawn every time. It is VERY convenient and I highly recommend it.

The Abom has a lot of health so you don’t have to sweat damage too much, but I wouldn’t stand on the exploding pots if you can help it. Again, the key to this role is managing your energy to ensure you have enough to slow the add. If you have time (and you will) slash the boss and the add for a debuff. But its not critical.
    Deeps for show..... tank for dough.....

[QUOTE=felhoof;350197]
    No clue whether divine shield works to clear it, but I doubt it.
    QUOTE]
    Tested this last night, it does not.

Quote Originally Posted by felhoof View Post
    No clue whether divine shield works to clear it, but I doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dtain View Post
    Tested this last night, it does not.
    I wonder if DI does. It removes Saurfang's mark so maybe. I won't be able to test until Friday, if anyone is gonna wipe on phase 3 anyways, why don't you give it a shot?

Quote Originally Posted by felhoof View Post
    Paragon released a video of their 25-man kill here:

YouTube - Paragon vs Professor Putricide (Normal mode) 25

Pretty much everything is the same as the above I mentioned. A couple notes that I thought were interesting is that they do tank transitions at 30 seconds in P3 (or so) - I'm guessing either two or three stacks per tank. DoTs are also active on Putricide on phase transitions, so it's probably worth it to hold DPS a bit and refresh DoTs. The abom concentrates almost entirely on eating oozes and doing slows; almost no DPS from the abom.
    You minimize raid damage in P3 by spreading out the debuff as much as possible. 4/2 is far more raid damage than 3/3 because of the exponential way the damage stacks. So the ideal for the lowest possible raid damage would be to taunt after every application, but since it's applied every 10 seconds you can't do that or he'll quickly become immune to taunt. So every two stacks seems like the best compromise.

The taunt DR is very frustrating because it also prevents cheesing it by using three tanks, the debuff lasts one minute and he mega-heals if it drops off any tank, with 10 seconds between applications you can't reliably rotate it between three tanks without making him taunt immune.

Also, did anyone else notice their Druid tank with 110,000 HP in P3? That's absurd.
    Last edited by Xequecal; 01-07-2010 at 12:20 PM.

One other mechanic that was highly amusing (even if it caused a problem). When you drink the potion to become an Abom, the effect to transform can be dispelled.... My priest dispelled me out of habit and I had to run back and drink the potion again.
    Deeps for show..... tank for dough.....

Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    You minimize raid damage in P3 by spreading out the debuff as much as possible. 4/2 is far more raid damage than 3/3 because of the exponential way the damage stacks. So the ideal for the lowest possible raid damage would be to taunt after every application, but since it's applied every 10 seconds you can't do that or he'll quickly become immune to taunt. So every two stacks seems like the best compromise.

The taunt DR is very frustrating because it also prevents cheesing it by using three tanks, the debuff lasts one minute and he mega-heals if it drops off any tank, with 10 seconds between applications you can't reliably rotate it between three tanks without making him taunt immune.

Also, did anyone else notice their Druid tank with 110,000 HP in P3? That's absurd.
    There is no taunt immune anymore, as long as the other tank stops attacking you will get aggro if you taunt, no matter how many times you go back and forth.

vodka's kill was done with 3 tanks, and they simply alternated every stack. They ended up killing him after 11 stacks.

I think this might end up being the default way to kill him. It's much less DPS sensitive than using two tanks; you get almost 25% more time on the boss and you do significantly less raid damage to everyone.

Only got to try the fight in 10 man so far, but does it seem logical to just always tank him on the Gas Side of the room? Noticed you always need to be relatively near to gas slimes and always as far as possible from green ooze slimes, for maximum dps time on them.
    The Ashbringer...

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidska View Post
    I wonder if DI does. It removes Saurfang's mark so maybe. I won't be able to test until Friday, if anyone is gonna wipe on phase 3 anyways, why don't you give it a shot?
    DI does not remove the Mark from DBS, it only prevents damage and BP gain for the duration of the DI.