Thread: Ruby Void

Ruby Void

So my group has been putting a lot of time into this achievement using different strategies but we can't seem to do this right. The 5 amber dragon strategy is not working out so well for us.

Anyone have any tips or pointers? Would the 5 emerald strategy work?

Hello Stamper, welcome to the forums!

I too, have been trying unsuccesfully to bring down the Ley-Dragon with a 5 amber drake strategy.

It will be interesting to discuss with the community other possible options for this achievement!

5 Emerald can not be done anymore. The whelps move faster and will destroy you.

5 Amber can still be done, although it does involve a bit of luck and quite a bit of coordination. I remember seeing a macro someone made on Wowwiki that seemed to help many people do it successfully within a few attempts.

4 Amber 1 Emerald also works, and I'm sure 3 Amber 2 Emerald could work as well

It took about an hour of me & some guildies learning and practising 5 ambers to make it work. It's tricky, but it is magic when it works.
    Fayre - Soldiers of Azeroth, Aggramar(EU)
    http://www.soldiersofazeroth.net/
    We are recruiting! See here for more details.

Without doing 5 Amber, Ruby Void was the hardest my group had. You essentially either run it, as the 5 Amber, or use a 3 Amber 2 Emerald set up, so that the Emeralds can top off and heal the Amber that is "Tanking" and reducing the damage the boss actually does, and they can stack their dots on the various whelps to keep themselves topped off. This was the strategy my group did when we did it. Remember also the Green debuff that does 25% of their health, and hit it when the Ambers are channeling to help with the burn down.

You still need to blow up the boss as quickly as possible though because the whelps will overwhelm you with no Ruby to control them.

Can your healer land on the platform, dismount and heal from the ground or is there too much damage going out?

IE - 4 dragons and a healer

We used the 3 amber 2 emerald approach just last night. Amber 1 would initiate the fight with a time stop, amber 2 would shock lance to build amber 1 up to 10 charges and he would shock lance, then go into charging and amber 2 would shock lance , time stop, build charges etc..run away as he phases out and sends the little orbs after you. Come back, start it over. Amber 3 was on the same cycle as amber 1 and we called it out as A and B. Amber 3 performed the 3rd time stop or used his time stop after he phases back in if he hadn't already used it. It seemed like we were getting him down to half quickly and didn't need his. I couldn't believe how easy it was. We had one person calling out A and B turns and when to time stop. I believe we stopped time in 15 second increments.

I know this is a really non-technical explanation and I apologize in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Satrina View Post
    Teaslin!

Quote Originally Posted by Squashed View Post
    Can your healer land on the platform, dismount and heal from the ground or is there too much damage going out?

IE - 4 dragons and a healer
    Once the Whelps spawned he would get demolished from healing aggro

We did it with the 5 amber variation, to get two achievements at once. everyone stacked their time rift on the boss before we pulled, this does not aggro him. timestop immediately after the first shot. then do two more time stops afterwards. After stacking the first set of time rift channel 5 seconds and then fire off a bolt. repeat until 60%. If you are lucky you can get him down to 50% before he goes into the astral phase because your bolts are hitting for 150k.

fly away as a group (we fly to the right and do a 3/4 lap) when there is 3 seconds left move towards the boss. 4th player fires off the time stop and shoots two bolts at the boss while the others build up rift charges.

rinse and repeat P1 until 2nd astral phase @ between 20 and 10%. after 2nd astral phase time stop and finish him off.

We just had our second round of tries today using 5 ambers, we almost have it done with the boss on like 15% hp before wiping. Tomorrow more tries.

* Time stop rotation:
    One guy will save his time stop for the enrages. Then you need to assign 3 other players for the timestop rotation. First guy will pop his after like 5 seconds, second straight after that and third after that. Wait till you see he's flapping his wings again before popping the next else he won't get it.

* Keep in mind two things:
    1. If he isn't shifted after 3 time stops your dps rotation isn't working properly yet. If your dps rotation is perfect he will go into the astral plane after just two time stops. He goes into the Astral plane at 60% hp.
    2. Same goes for whelps spawning; he won't spawn whelps when he's time stopped. So if you have whelps spawning either somebody did his timestop too early or too late.

So it's a matter of having an optimal dps rotation to burn him down fast in 2 or 3 time stops and doing your timestops at the right moment so he won't be able to spawn whelps.

* Dps rotation:
    One guy is the channeler, other 4 guys are using shock lance. The shock lances the 4 guys are using will stack up for the channeler. When the channeler has a stack of 10 he will call out the others need to channel. Then as the others are channeling the channeler quickly slams his shock lance to detonate his stack of 10 and the others will get a stack of 10 as well. Then they will detonate their stacks and go back onto spamming shock lance and the channeler will go back onto channeling. Then when he has a stack of 10 again he'll tell the others to channel and detonate. Rinse and repeat.

This is up until the first Astral plane phase. During that you just fly in a big circle around the boss and stick together so you can start dps ing again straight after he pops back.

Then after the first astral plane phase the channeler uses his timestop pretty much immediately and starts channeling again and calling out when the others need to switch for a sec so everybody can detonate. After him two others need to timestop so you need to change your timestop rotation a bit for the second phase.
    The same person as in phase 1 sticks to timestopping when he enrages.

It might take an hour of tries or so to get the dps rotation up and running but once it works you'll have the boss on 60% after 3 time stops. And if you have the rotation perfected he'll be down to 60% after only two time stops, which happened to us a couple of times!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrahant View Post
    * Time stop rotation:
    One guy will save his time stop for the enrages. Then you need to assign 3 other players for the timestop rotation.
    Don't forget that Time Stop suffers diminishing returns, so a 4th chained Time Stop will have no effect if you do it this way. That may be what you meant, but just stating this for clarity.

Also, if you're chaining the TS abilities properly, Eregos will never have time to be enraged and attacking; no need to keep someone out of the rotation to watch for that.

Then as the others are channeling the channeler quickly slams his shock lance to detonate his stack of 10 and the others will get a stack of 10 as well. Then they will detonate their stacks and go back onto spamming shock lance and the channeler will go back onto channeling.
    For clarity: you want the primary channeler to Shock Lance then immediately go back to channeling, BEFORE the other players detonate their stacks with Shock Lance. This generates an instant 10-stack for anyone who is currently channeling AND doubles the damage of the detonations, which allows your group to very quickly switch roles and do massive damage.

the tactic is easier than you might think, all you need to do is let 1 person channel, 4 stack charges, and when 1st person reach 10 stacks everyone "works for himself":
    If you dont have 10 stacks, channel
    if you have 10 stacks, wait until at LEAST 1 person is channeling and blow the 140k shot.
    there's really no need to wait for 4 guys to channel, because it's just not worth waiting, worked on 2nd try (both were ninja pull xD)

I did this with 5 amber

You start with 1 person channeling while the others all attack at 5 stacks he stops time.

When you stop time the other 4 have got to channel, once all 4 are channeling then the orignal time stopper lets his attack go.

This causes around 112000 damage and gives all of the other players a 100000 attack aswell.

Have the 2nd person designated in the chain start to get his 10 stacks of energy and stop time right after the first.

Repeat the channeling so you have 1 million damage done.

After you stop time twice he should go into phase two.

Currently the 1st person to stop time should have aggro. (which was me at the time)

Everyone should run as far away as they can. Stop time once he gets to you and have one person channel. Its a small chance that the returns will have reset.

He gets his 10 Stack, then stops time. He fires.

After this time stop, the person with threat needs to kite the boss.

This is the strat I used to get my red drake .

Good Luck

another good way is get on vent or any program that allows voice communication. the one that uses time stop calls out what the others have to do. when 2nd person uses time stop, he starts giving out the shots, ...

we would have player1 use time stop, put up his beam, call out shoot, he get's 10 stacks, calls out beam, shoots, puts up his beem, calls out shoot, ...
    when first time stop ends, player 2 uses his time stop and takes over commando, when his ends 3rd uses his time stop and takes over commando, we had boss go immune almost instantly after 3rd time stop. with him landing no attack, nor spawning any adds.

move to other side and repeat, but then player4>player5>player1

the idea behind this strategy is at all times one person has 10 stacks so he can quickly fill others their stack. their is some dps loss by starting over with each new time stop, however the dps is still more then sufficient and this way it all can be done very controled leaving very little room for error. another group from our guild tried same strat and got achievement at 2nd try.

5 ambers

You can do it easily with 5 ambers, assign people when to do a time stop so you wont do a timestop all at the same moment, stack on eachother too when you fly away for his Astral phase. Also assign 1 guy to spam the ability on 1, and make the rest do the rotation 3>1>3>1. when you do all that, you should easily get the slacker down and get both ruby void and emerald void ( dont invite retarded people, will make it go way harder x) )

now that drakes scale with gear, I think a well geared group could do five emeralds.

I was healing myself for 15k ticks with a 3stack of the poison, and that was on my heroic-geared paladin alt...it used to heal for 5-6k if I remember right.

Tyresia said: You can do it easily with 5 ambers, assign people when to do a time stop so you wont do a timestop all at the same moment, stack on eachother too when you fly away for his Astral phase. Also assign 1 guy to spam the ability on 1, and make the rest do the rotation 3>1>3>1. when you do all that, you should easily get the slacker down and get both ruby void and emerald void ( dont invite retarded people, will make it go way harder x) )
    If you use a temporal rift (#3 skill) while channeling another rift (#3 skill) you generate an instant 10 charges you'd be better to do 3-3-1 as a rotation no need to allow channeling. might help

Super easy now that drakes scale with gear.

It's timing and it's actually really easy to do.

Have one person run a stopwatch to keep track of the timing.
    Everyone should be in Vent to communicate better.

Player 1 Initiates combat and Timestops.
    ALL FIVE use Temporal Rift for 5-8 Seconds, then use Shock Lance.
    Player 2 uses Timestop about 5-10 seconds after the first one wears off. If Whelps spawn, don't worry, they'll be stopped too.
    All five players continue to Temporal Rift... then Shock Lance.
    By now he should be off into his first Astral Plane. Fly around in circles, blah blah blah.
    As soon as his Astral Plane ends Player 3 Timestops (this one is probably the most important because of his Enraged Assault)
    All five players continue to Temporal Rift/Shock Lance.
    Several seconds after the Timestop has ended, Player 4 initiates Timestop (although I'd bet he'd go into second Astral Plane by now)
    After he's done with the Astral Plane, Player 5 can timestop. It's likely that players 1 and 2 will have theirs off CD, and it's also likely that (if performed right) you won't need it anyway because he's already dead.

This was the last one I needed for Glory of the Hero. It's painfully easy to do, but painfully difficult to find a group who's willing to try.

just to add to how silly easy this has gotten since the recent nerfs - i've already got the achieve, but just did the 5 amber method again because someone in a cross-realm pug wanted to do it.

no vent, no lance coordination, just a general order of using time stops. we got it either the 1st or 2nd pull.

The way I did this pre-3.3 was a lot like how Wazdaa did id.

Start the fight with 4 ambers channeling.

The other drake is now the "puller." He fires a shock lance, then time stops, then immediately channels.

As soon as he's channeling, the other 4 fire, then immediately channel.

The puller now has a 10-stack and fires away and immediately channels.

He should now be in his Astral Phase, if not, then have the other 4 fire and he most definitely will be.

Rotate around the room to put some distance between yourself and any whelps that may have gotten the chance to spawn.

The "Puller's" time stop should still be on CD, so have a second drake become the new "Puller"

Lather, rince, repeat and he's dead. I always thought of it like playing a game of ping pong with your shock lance/stacks. The Puller and Channelers are trading off stacks/lances.
    Mallok: Don't try to force the square peg into the round hole, if you get it in there, it's uncomfortable for both.
    Ciderhelm: Probably feels pretty good for the square peg.