Thread: 10 Man ICC Basic Questions. Please help

10 Man ICC Basic Questions. Please help

Hi I would love some help before stepping into 10 Man ICC. Any answers would be appreciated.

Lord Marrowgar: In the 10 man mode does Saber lash hit only 2 targets including the tank? Or is it still 3?

ICC Trash: Anything that should be known about them? Keeping particular mobs away from one another? Particular CC on some? I am sure there are obvious answers I just dont want to waste any ones time.

Group composition: Planning on going with 2 tanks 3 healers 2 melee and 3 ranged the basic set up. Let me know if I should change anything.

Cheers and thank you in advance.

I can answer some of these, least from my 10 man group experience..

1# LM's Saberlash hits the MT and one other that is in front of him, otherwise its all to the MT. Very important that only the tanks ever be infront of him. Have had a few ppl after dodging bonestorm get lashed running through him from the front.

2# LM trash: Well most have seen this trash due to ICC rep farms, and it being out for several weeks. Not going to go into it.
    Lady D: Two packs of adds, and to solo pulls to the sides. AoE the trash packs in the middle. For the solo spiders, they put a debuff on a raid member at a time and that person needs to run away from the raid less they heal the mobs.
    Gunship trash: Faction champs lite. Basically, run in kill healers then clean up the rest, you have npc's of your faction helping with this. Frostwyrm before the ship is like mini saphyron. Does a frost breath cone to the front, and random blizzards.
    DBS: No trash unless you count the Gunship battle itself as the trash

3# My group takes two tanks, preferable two different classes for extra buffs and utility, 3 healers, having a priest and pally help especially with DBS. Usually we run 3 melee 2 ranged.. reason is one of our healers specs to ranged dps for DBS,(you should only need to two heal it if your doing it right) this allows us an even 3 melee to kill one stun locked best, and 3 ranged for the other to be kited. I would recommend a Shaman if can get one as heroism does help on DBS, and priest for bubbling ppl when they get boiling blood to stop extra BP ticks.
    Last edited by mangaart1st; 01-05-2010 at 12:11 PM. Reason: grammar, spelling

Quote Originally Posted by nitelife362 View Post
    Lord Marrowgar: In the 10 man mode does Saber lash hit only 2 targets including the tank? Or is it still 3?
    Its 3 total targets, but only 200% weapon damage (25man is 300%). Essentially, it makes it a two tank fight.

ICC Trash: Anything that should be known about them? Keeping particular mobs away from one another? Particular CC on some? I am sure there are obvious answers I just dont want to waste any ones time.
    Poster above covered most of it. Shackle is your friend. You can chain spam shackle on the Marrow trash casters, even when they are being attacked, to interrupt their "ice wave" ability. Preventing damage is easier than healing it.

Group composition: Planning on going with 2 tanks 3 healers 2 melee and 3 ranged the basic set up. Let me know if I should change anything.
    I would go 2 tanks, 2 dedicated healers, 1 "flex" DPS/Healer, 3or2 melee, 3or2 ranged. This is dependent on what your "flex" healer's DPS spec is. Of course, this is just my optimal set up. Others work as well.

Cool, Thanks again for the information. Hopefully all goes well tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus View Post
    Its 3 total targets, but only 200% weapon damage (25man is 300%). Essentially, it makes it a two tank fight.
    It actually only splits two ways in 10 man. I tested this back when he was hitting significantly harder.