+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Really need 8% Hit Rating for Blood Tank?

Really need 8% Hit Rating for Blood Tank?

Hi Tankers,

I have a doubt about the hit rating. Everyone talks about the cap is 8%. But I see that it is impossible to reach that cap with the new equipment of tank. What you are doing? Gemming or encahnting Hit? Or simply ignoring this cap? Many tanks DKs have seen are well below the cap.

Look my armory. I have less then 180 hit rating, counting 4 gems of 10Hit + 10 Str. I really want change this gems for some more Stamina

The World of Warcraft Armory

Tks for help.
    Kreitus

We don't usually bother with it, no. It has two values: Making things hit, and increasing the output.
    When you talk about increasing the output, expertise is better: Up to 26 it's twice as good as hit, and from it to like 54 it's just as good.
    When you talk about making things hit, without care for actual tps output, you're talking about making taunts hit... the glyph is more effective than gearing there.

I disagree with Synapse i prefer to have 8% hit and it isn't to hard to get it your way overly expertise capped you might try to find a hit weapon another thing is i see you have an icc drop and you will soon be replacing one of your rings with the band of courage which gives hit this will help you out
    this is my dk
    The World of Warcraft Armory
    i didn't think of this until a little while later but if someone in your group a draenei don't forget their 1% free hit
    Last edited by ForgottenSlayer; 01-05-2010 at 08:13 AM.

I'm stunned you think +hit is hard to come by with the new tier of gear. It's on practically everything in ICC. I was running 400 hit a little while ago.

I prefer expertise to hit, as it helps with survivability as well as threat (less DS parries), but I had to buy the Cataclysm Chestguard to offset my deficit.

While blood tanking we only really use three spells: Icy Touch once at the start, Pestilence to refresh diseases, and Death Coil for RP dump (as an aside I recommend you drop Glyph of D&D for Glyph of Pestilence, it makes rotations so much cleaner). If you have a steady threat lead D&D is a waste or runes that could otherwise be used for Death Strikes.

For some easy +hit replace your helm with the T9 one.

ICC gear might have a ton of Hit Rating
    however prior to that, especially if you are using emblem gear or 5-man drops, it is very hard to get hit rating at times.

I experimented a bit with hit vs expertise food, and found that expertise is vastly better for keeping aggro. While dps is kind of an ego thing (I know I'm guilty of wanting it largely for that reason), keeping aggro is really what's important.

I see that you have plenty of expertise, so perhaps try some hit food to see if that gets the results you're looking for. I've come to realise that trying out different foods is a handy way to see if adding to a given stat will actually do what you want it to do.

I did some testing and realized that even with little hit, a chance to miss is very little. 'll Be swapping the gem hit the stamina and wait for some equipment to hit.

not directly related but i am an arms warrior so 8% is my cap
    i run about with 199 (5.87% or something) hit rating an have yet to see a single miss on recount

Whatever you get on gear is what hit you get. Unless you are doing hard modes(and possibly later icc), you don't really need hit.

If your expertise is not at least 26, make it so.

+ Reply to Thread