+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mitagation not enough?

Mitagation not enough?

The World of Warcraft Armory

Ok, im hoping some1 can check my gear and see if im lacking in Mitagation and how i can fix it .. ive tanked ICC 10man just fine all the way through, but when i did a pug ICC25man i had a priest complaining she had to heal me to much .. is it my gear or the healer thats the problem with this?

/bump

You're fine. If anything I'd say your health is low, but all your dodge/parry stats are right where they need to be. So unless you were spamming the sit button, that priest is a retard that you shouldn't listen to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    You're fine. If anything I'd say your health is low, but all your dodge/parry stats are right where they need to be. So unless you were spamming the sit button, that priest is a retard that you shouldn't listen to.
    thats what i told them and they put me on ignore .. they said i had "too much hp" >.> go figure .. they said they talked with 2 other healers who "apparently" agreed with them, which is ridiculous, and it was on Marrowgar and the other 2 tanks were stacking on me like they were supposed to ..so ofcourse im taking bigger hits.. but oh well ty for the info

Hahahaha. You're better off not being in that group . It's a positive thing that they put you on ignore, bro, you don't need that shit. Did you say the other tanks weren't stacking on you? Madness. Just madness. HP and armor are lightyears ahead of any kind of mitigation for ICC. Dodge is nice, but effective health with benefit you more in the long run, just look around various recent threads here on Tankspot.

Just for semantics and clarity's sake, in the world of tanking jargon:

Mitigation is reducing an incoming hit's amount of damage, so armor, shield wall, and block (block is kinda meh since it's RNG like miss/dodge/parry and I'd rather dodge than block personally) are forms of mitigation.

Avoidance is actually avoiding an attack via miss/dodge/parry.

Avoidance is good, but armor is much better. Stack EHP.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Sorry im kinda new to the tank terms, i mean i can tank but i dont know the extreme or even some of the basic mechanics you guys use .. what do you mean by EHP?

Effective hit points. It's a mathematical measurement of your armor combined with your HP.

^ what Dreador said. Basically it's a number to equate armor to hit points, or "effective hit points" Since armor reduces your incoming damage, the formula effectively calculates what your hit points would be if you could take the same amount of damage, but none of it was mitigated. The forumla is:

hit points/[(1-%reduction from armor)(1-%reduction from dstance or equivalent)(1-%reduction from raid effect X)(1-%reduction from raid effectY)]

The different raid effects like blessing of sanctuary and inspiration can be repeated for how every many different kinds of reduction they are, but since they are multiplicative and not additive, you have to do another (1-%) thing for each effect.

There's more about it in my guide... I think... if not I might add more =P
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    There's more about it in my guide... I think... if not I might add more =P
    Facebook: Dreador likes this.

ah i see, thanks for the tips ill look into the other posts about EHP and so forth to learn more, thanks for the help

Im working on getting JC to 350 for the Stam gems which will help my HP alot, and im about to make the 264 Crafted tank boots tonight hopefully so that will help too.

Quote Originally Posted by Genus View Post
    ah i see, thanks for the tips ill look into the other posts about EHP and so forth to learn more, thanks for the help

Im working on getting JC to 350 for the Stam gems which will help my HP alot, and im about to make the 264 Crafted tank boots tonight hopefully so that will help too.
    All of these are great ideas, good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Genus View Post

Damn sounds like Primoridal Saronite is easy to come by on your server. It goes for about 3k each on mine

Thread moved to HALP! section, hopefully you'll have better success here.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread