+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New rewards from Oculus

New rewards from Oculus

World of Warcraft - English (NA) Forums -> Oculus Loot Improvements

I'm still dropping group if I get Oculus as my random.
    Forth, and fear no darkness! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day...a red day...ere the sun rises! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!

Oculus is ROFLCAKES nowadays. All random PuGs I was in were just fine.

Even tho I hate the very first pulls. The whelps simply refuse to be nicely positioned. And THAt is currently my biggest problem with the instance.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

I only drop it because people hit the "I'm a retard button". Though this may get me to trudge through it only if the two extra badges for a piece on a off-spec.

Already got the blue drake from Malygos so this is nothing I stay for. My problems with Oculus except idiot players is that boss 2 aggroes some drakes in air that stays in combat after boss is dead and they wipe you, or you have to spend time clean up all of them before you engage boss 2.

Also if some pugger lags behind and people already are landning and dropping their drakemounts the one behind aggroes something and you get in combat and can't mount up again so either that person dies or it takes quite some time for him/her to kill the one that got aggroed.

I've honestly no idea why people drop this place. It's a sub 20 minute run, and the only annoyance factor I ever get is the fact that when I'm on my hunter I lose my /focus every time you mount, but I don't really care and just MD my pet so I don't get the threat, heh.

Seriously you spend as much time waiting for your dungeon finder/deserter debuff to leave as you do doing the run.

Just baffles me that people quit. Now if you're talking CoS that I understand, the 9 minute intro is just downright annoying.

I my random groups I have never seen one leaving. Actually 3 or 4 times we even did "make it count" with 3-5 minutes left. It's really easy now after all the nerfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnurken View Post
    Already got the blue drake from Malygos so this is nothing I stay for. My problems with Oculus except idiot players is that boss 2 aggroes some drakes in air that stays in combat after boss is dead and they wipe you, or you have to spend time clean up all of them before you engage boss 2.
    Don't skimp the trash, kill a couple of extra ones around boss 2 and this doesn't happen.

I too have gotten the speed achievement both occasions it's turned up as the random without making any particular push to go fast.

occulus is not worth the repair bill. end of.

it is an easy instance if you have 4 other people with you who know the encounter.

if it drops in as the random daily then i will bail.

it is a terrible terrible instance and no improved loot will take me any closer to it.
    Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

Quote Originally Posted by robbon View Post
    occulus is not worth the repair bill. end of.

it is an easy instance if you have 4 other people with you who know the encounter.

if it drops in as the random daily then i will bail.

it is a terrible terrible instance and no improved loot will take me any closer to it.
    I laughed at this. You can do occulus with fresh 80s if you tell them what to do (by the way, that takes maybe 2 minutes). As long as you aren't going for the void achieves, you shouldn't have any wipes. But it's your extra 15 minutes to wait for the next one, you can do whatever you want.

Edit: Boss 2 I believe pulls that drake no matter what trash you clear, it's a different mob than the drakes around the instance, an Azure Captain. Either way, heroic throw that bitch after the boss dies and tank him by jumping and spamming, or use spell reflect. Cake.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

none of the bosses are hard, its just a really annoying instance by way of its design, layout and potential to land you a stupid amount as a repair bill.

the last boss will kill retards and unfortunately communication in pugs through lfg isnt allways the best.

for me. been there, got the t-shirt dont really want to go back and im fed up of having it pushed on us. Why is there a need to offer "incentives" to hit a heroic instance ? maybe the majority dont like it.
    Last edited by robbon; 01-05-2010 at 07:17 AM.
    Belgariad: EU : Lightnings Blade. Once a Tank. Always a Tank.

I've gotten random Oculus a couple times, it's always smooth, people know what they're doing. Got make it count once and another time only missed it because we did a 5 amber strategy and talked it out for a few mins.

All in all, the instance isn't hard at all nowadays. As a tank, I wait like 8 seconds for a group, so I'd rather not sit around for 15 waiting for a debuff to come off.

We had 2 players leave group immediately upon entering yesterday. Our group proceeded to clear the instance in about 15 minutes. In the time it took their dungeon deserter to fall off we cleared it. Only bad players ditch the Occulus.

I once got make it count with a random pug when the tank dropped after the 2nd boss. This instance could eat up some time with bad players before the nerfs but after the nerfs really even a bad group can clear it faster than CoS. I did see a lot of people leaving group when they saw we had occ in the beginning but I think most people have realized how easy it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburglar View Post
    We had 2 players leave group immediately upon entering yesterday. Our group proceeded to clear the instance in about 15 minutes. In the time it took their dungeon deserter to fall off we cleared it. Only bad players ditch the Occulus.
    That's a somewhat simplistic statement (as most statements about WoW that include the word "bad" are).

The only reason I don't leave the Oculus is because I don't want to abandon a group.

But if I could leave without hurting anyone else, I would, to send a clear signal to Blizzard that the instance is poorly designed and bugridden and that it belongs in the hands of their QA team, not their players.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburglar View Post

This. Srsly.

Quote Originally Posted by Roana View Post
    But if I could leave without hurting anyone else, I would, to send a clear signal to Blizzard that the instance is poorly designed and bugridden and that it belongs in the hands of their QA team, not their players.
    It's not the instance that's poorly designed, it's the players. After this long (it's been over a year since the instance was released) there's countless guides and videos on how to do it successfully. The only "bugs" are perhaps the drake in boss2 not despawning, MAYBE. And that can be dealt with in a few different ways if you're resourceful. There's no excuse not to run it. I've done it every day almost since 3.3 and wiped one time on Eregos, due to someone never having done it before and not saying so. After a 1 minute explanation we nailed it with no deaths.

What the hell are you people talking about a drake that doesn't go away? Are you sure you didn't just aggro one of the drakes flying around? Or are you referring to the fact that if you kill him when the drake is doing the breath attack, it finishes the breath attack, and then leaves

Sometimes the Azure Captain he summons does not despawn right away after killing the boss, either way, if you know about it, just be prepared for it. You can fight him on drakes or silence him and take him down as normal.

Occulus is easy and there's nothing a few raidwarnings can't fix.

Get of your chair complaining about bad players and instead of leaving group, just tell what's the right way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by orcstar View Post
    Occulus is easy and there's nothing a few raidwarnings can't fix.

Get of your chair complaining about bad players and instead of leaving group, just tell what's the right way to do it.

Yeah this is a less-assholish way of saying what I'm trying to communicate here, lol. But the one thing I quoted of saying "only bad players abandon random occulus" holds true.

+ Reply to Thread