+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Weekly Marmot -- A Healer QQ

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnheal View Post
    Tank: where were the heals?
    Me: The same place as the aggro... on me.
    I will totally be using this line. Awesome!

Shut up and heal my pet. :P

I have a Disc Priest, at one time both Disc/Holy speced for raids, and a Restor Shaman. I have found with the new LFG there are tanks that feel they can just run through an instance and that the healer will heal them, and the rest of the group, when they pulled 3-5 mob groups. They are under the impression that the Heroics have gotten easier since the new LFG came out so why not just pull multiple mobs. And when I say 3-5 mob groups, I am not talking 3-5 NPC's, I am talking 3-5 groups of 3 to 4 in each group. The one time I was able to heal thru one of these encounters and one of the DPSers said nice heals. The tank, who was oblivious to the whole fight, since he did not hold aggro on all 12 NPCs, typed a ? in party chat. He then proceeded, like a lot of other tanks in LFG, to continue to rush thru the heroic oblivious to the amount of mana I had after his 3 mob group encounters, coming within one more mob hit from wiping the run.

When I first played WoW over 5yrs ago I was a tank. I learned that as a tank you need to keep aggro on all mobs and to keep an eye on other toon's healths as this was an indicator of lost aggro and possible mob on the lose. Most tanks these days do not do this and when the run wipes and the tank asks why this happened and you tell them that 2 mobs were beating on me, they ask why I didn't say something. Like I have time to heal myself and type a message in party chat that most likely won't be read.

Yeah hammer your right, seems like anymore no one cares to look at the situation before pulling. i run a tank and a healer and I know where your coming from when i heal. Makes you wonder sometimes, I have a bad habit of just letting everyone die to get my point across.

May get you voted out and called a bad healer, or the tank/dps will get the idea.

Whenever the blame game is played in pugs, I never seem to come up with a good comeback like the ones you gave as an example in the video. I typically don't get blamed for things (luck of the draw I suppose) but there have been a few times (in a pug) where people have asked "What happened" and all I can say is what I saw on the unit frames, e.g. "He got aggro and was one-shotted". I suppose I can chalk that up to healer tunnel vision, something I'm always trying to improve.

That ...is the coolest effin table I have ever seen.

Kudos to your parents. That's just awwwwwesome!

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Loved the topic this week sooo tru. (and cool table) I have noticed that it has lead to healers myself included constantly apologizing if someone dies (mostly seen in five mans). I have to get back in the habit of oh sorry you died since u don't know what los pull means o_0

hmm that sounded meanish but u get the point lol.

also noticing allot of people assuming thier gear is at thier level or that if ur x class u can automatically do y

mostly seen in heroics tanks in good gear or heck even in bad gear assume they can chain pull. I think in part because I am a druid. Granted now they can since they really have to try to die in order for me to need mana but a few pieces ago not so much.

also, since i already started rambling want to finish o_0, I love when people stand in fire even after I warn them I always intend to just let em die but I just am not always that mean o_0

All the complaints about healers despite how rare we are led me to quit healing for a while
    When I returned to healing I figured I'd be a hardass & use macros to warn pugs that I don't heal or resurrect stupid players so learn to run from the GY if you fall into this category. You'd be surprised how often people learn to assist the tank & let them pull once they die more than once & realize that I was being serious about not healing stupid. As for eager tanks who want to do speed runs I'll stay back & let them die & tell them I was lagging or out of range cause I have this thing called mana that I need to cast a heal maybe they should pay attention to this instead of chain pulling. Ive also tanked so I know how important the healers role is so I save my taunts for healers if a dps die they die they get warned that my taunts are reserved for healers

I must confess that my wife and I have 14 aquariums in our home--so I cannot do anything but admire your parent's obssession.

The blue Johannii african cichlid at the front of your tank are generally some of the most aggressive species for their size--usually tough to tame down.

You guys have an absolutely amazing male bubblebee african cichlid. His dorsal trail is nicely established!

I thought I saw an orange gourami in the background also--although, I'm surprised he's surviving in the higher pH of an african cichlid arrangement.

Anyhow, just wanted to say your aquarium is top notch--coming from a fellow hobbyist. You should post pictures of it and the fish over on Monster Fish Keepers.

When I was shopping for a 300g fish tank last year, I almost bought a table just like the one you guys own from glasscages.com. Those things are quite on the expensive side though. My wife wouldn't allow me to replace her livingroom table, though, so I went with a wall tank instead to keep the peace.

Oh, and as far as the topic is concerned, when playing my healer, I usually just tell the group when we begin, "No matter what happens within the next 30 minutes, folks, I will confess to you right now that it's entirely my fault and I will take 100% of the blame."

They usually just laugh about it, and then when something happens that's not my fault, I tease the group member and state, "Well, looks like John wanted to share the blame with me. It's alright, John, I'll give you a minute in the spotlight!"

Of course, similar responses keep the group mood on the light side, and unless things are really bad, there aren't too many complaints.

In raids, though, I send tells right away if someone is causing me to work harder than I should. Of course, that is where I tend to QQ as a healer.

+ Reply to Thread