+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Weekly Marmot -- A Healer QQ

The Weekly Marmot -- A Healer QQ

Last edited by Aliena; 01-25-2010 at 09:00 AM.

stop pushing the cancel button ciderhelm!

Canceled again, QQ! But donor upload will be up in a few seconds.

Awesome out-takes =)

Most important question: Where can I buy that t-shirt? I think you have mentioned a store in an earlier video... but I'm to lazy to see through all of them just to find it.

Cider u gonna start making videos soon?

So do you feed the fish the left overs? So our guild has taken up this idea. If the tank dies its the healers fault. If a healer dies its the tanks fault. If a dps dies its there own fault. Since I dont tank on my druid anymore but heal I find that I enjoy your videos more.

My favorite is when I was playing my priest to get 2 frost badges a day to get enough saronite to craft my druids boots:

2 DKs in the group and the tank had terrible gear so the dps dk had more hp than the tank dk. The tank dies and starts going off on me. I told him I was spaming him and he should get better gear and logged on my warrior while my 15 minute deserter reset. When i logged back on my priest I checked his death log only to realize I had been spam healing the DPS dk.

/facepalm

Your videos always make me smile lol, I dont know if its the voice the face or just the way your explaining things, lol I came up with a new phrase for wipes

Surgeon Generals Warning: Whirlwinds and or Fire may be hazardous to your health and in most cases will cause death, Rogues and Warriors that are expecting should not stand in either as it may lead to serious complications

Quote Originally Posted by Ragowit View Post
    Most important question: Where can I buy that t-shirt? I think you have mentioned a store in an earlier video... but I'm to lazy to see through all of them just to find it.
    J!NX : Less QQ More Pew Pew T-shirt - Clothing for Gamers & Geeks
    I'm a tank. I like the beatings.

They discontinued the women's version of the shirt which does actually make me QQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Phalynx View Post
    Surgeon Generals Warning: Whirlwinds and or Fire may be hazardous to your health and in most cases will cause death, Rogues and Warriors that are expecting should not stand in either as it may lead to serious complications
    Very nice. I think I stole the quote from Cider, but there was a time when I was explaining Marrowgar to some people that hadn't seen the instance before and I said with a very straight face something to the effect of "Standing in fire has been scientifically proven to be a leading cause of severe burns and even death. Don't do it, it hurts." One of the new recruit healers we had busted out laughing on vent and made me repeat it. Then she laughed even harder. It took a while for her to regain composure before we could engage the encounter.

Wow is the first game I've played where most people don't pay attention to the finer aspects of the game. When playing my priest, this drives me nuts.

People (read: pugs) need to understand that these are cooperative attempts to reach a shared goal, and that, as individuals, they should strive to make the ride as smooth as they can. It's selfish to believe that performance is only based on damage meters.

There's typically no such thing as "I died because I didn't get any heals". Be aware of your surroundings, don't use healers as a crutch. If an interrupt will prevent a lot of healing, then take a tick off your rotation to do it. If a kill order is helpful to get rid of problematic/explosive mobs first, then follow directions and don't try to AOE just to pad your dps meter. And please.. disrupt and kill anything that heals first.

Then again, most of us out-gear much of the content these days and people tend to fall back on bad habits of brute-forcing encounters instead of using a more analytical approach.

Also, less QQ, moar Shadow Priest pew pew please :x

forgot a question

why do i have this curse on me and why are there so many curse out

That table is awesome.

Healing and tanking are thankless jobs. That makes the odd compliment so much the sweeter. Or is that just me?

I really need to get back into raiding. Festergut and Rotface looks like really fun encounters and while I have not seen the Professor Putricide it smells like it will be very complex and very interesting. I have got to get back into raiding.
    Last edited by JakobBloch; 01-05-2010 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Also, less QQ, moar Shadow Priest pew pew please :x

As a druid...I love Spriests, every spriest I come across seems to be a diamond in the rough...something about Mana Batteries just makes me smile, not that Im always running out of mana just knowing its almost impossible for me to get under 10k makes me happy.

As my guilds really just getting going after a long long break, talking about just after BC popped, its great to find a few more selfless healers other than myself that are just happy to get things done, sure I've bashed and gotten rid of a few terribads, but overall my experiences with fellow healers are far greater than with my DPS, Tanks seem to be the only neutral ground, as for us it feels like the entire raid is resting on our shoulders, if one of us fails its end game for everyone.

DPS can sometimes be lacking and get carried through we've all seen it, hell if your 3 healing you can even have a lightweight healer, last night I had a Priest healing through ICC 10 not a hard raid but nonetheless, myself and the Shaman were doing 35-40% respectively each, I was assigned to raid healing, and as theres not a whole hell of a lot of raid healing to be done you can assume I just ended up picking up the slack of the Priest, worked well til Saurfang then we just made the priest go to his Shadow spec lol he ended up somehow healing more than we did, still doesnt make sense to me, but whatever another raid down and new ones to come, cant wait for the next hour or two to pass

QQ

gotta say, i like that coffee table. Why is it distracting?? are you eating in front of the tv?

Ever since the dungeon LFG tool ive found many players who arent aware of their class mechanics during certain encounters. I believe its too easy to level so you a lot of alts but thats a dif story.

Many times i find melee standing in front of a boss, healers in cleave range plus many many more little examples that i think most people arent even aware they are doing. As someone who enjoys tanking i try to help players through the encounter and you shouldnt really worry a whole lot if someone dies. Only in naxx did 100% survivability actually count for anything "undying/immortal". Its a game, too many people forget that. Sometimes you lag. I dont need to list the excuses im sure you all have heard many.

I forget where i was going with that, but yeaa.... PEOPLE DIE. dont worry your pretty little head.

Good Show, I have a lot of problems with DPS especially blaming the healer, after they pulled aggro

I think this is the classic Healer QQ, but one that is more than merited. I recommend to all dpsers to roll a healing toon and try it. It is not easy at ALL especially if you have dumb dps. As my healing mentor and best WoW buddy Misu says, "I don't heal stupid...." (stupid there is a noun). My priest healer is slowly overtaking my main as my favorite toon, and the perspective healing has given me as a dps is invaluable.

On a side note...on my main (a mage) I was told by a warlock in our guild (who has since left) that I sucked because I was the lowest damage done of the three mages we were running with. I replied to her...check the interrupt and dispel meters...I'll beat them every time. More importantly my actual dps was higher than theirs, but because I chose to decurse, interrupt, and generally watch my surroundings, my overall damage was lower. I think you need both kinds of dps in raids...focused faceroll and conscientious survivor...in the end they balance one another out. The facerollers just don't care about their healers like we survivors do.

I don't run into it as much anymore. It was more back when DK's where all the rage. I was running Heroics to get badges... They were running them to apparently learn to tank. And no I have had this problem with other classes of tanks. Anyway this is how the scenario goes.

Got a pug group. Tank Deeps and myself. the healer. WE start out the heroic. I find out the tank apparently has tunnel vision and can only hold aggro on one target at a time. So I heal him...at first... Then the mobs begin hating me so they want to tell me how they feel about this whole deal. So I go to healing myself. The tank dies from that one mob he had totally under control. I am still healing myself. Some of the smart Deeps are trying to get the angry mobs off me. I heal. I heal. Myself and one deeps are left standing after the pull. Here is the Conversation than ensues.

Tank: what the hell?
    Me: what?
    Tank: where were the heals?
    Me: The same place as the aggro... on me.

Yeah it happens... Just something else to laugh at.

+ Reply to Thread