Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sig doesn't work..

Sig doesn't work..

Why can I not upload an image as my signature? I see others with images in theirs...any help on this matter?

Thanks in advance for everything.

OH an how do I add an image beside my name to show up when I post?

Thanks again

Signatures and avatars are reserved for donors, sorry!

LoL so I give them $$ and I get to put up and Avatar and a Sig...wow...just wow.

Well there are a few other perks than just an avatar and a signature image.

TankSpot Donor (1 Year, $19.99 USD)

Donations offer many awesome services and a special community of donors which make your experience here much more enjoyable. You'll get what you pay for and more! All Donors receive:

1. Movie Downloads -- Our movie collection is available to Donors for direct download in 720p HD resolution.
    2. Guild Recruitment Forums -- You will be able to post recruitment threads and articles on behalf of your guild (subject to forum rules!).
    3. Ad-free Service -- All advertising on the TankSpot will automatically be turned off.
    4. Donor Forums -- The best forums on the net, if only for "The Compilation of All That Is Awesome."
    5. Attractive Blue Username -- Visitors will recognize your contribution to our community thanks to a prominent blue username.
    6. Avatars & Signatures -- You will have permissions to upload avatars and add signatures to your posts that help identify you in the community.
    Vexed
    Bronzebeard - US

its fun being a donor

Quote Originally Posted by Paladan View Post
    LoL so I give them $$ and I get to put up and Avatar and a Sig...wow...just wow.
    You're right, we could make it worth more by putting all of our content as a pay-only service. We'd make a ton of money doing it, too.

But we don't. And we have some pretty major costs to run the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    its fun being a donor
    Yup, you get to link enormous pink rodents in your signature. It's a sweet gig, my friend.

WoW a blue user name....I should have donated such a long time ago. And being able to DL movies that you can find anywhere else on the web for free...gee this sure is looking more tempting every second I think about it.

Can you ever forgive the error of my ways?

Seriously? $19.99 for a sig/avatar/special access?

I mean not to insult anyone or TS, that's just my personal opinion.

Thanks but no thanks.
    Last edited by Paladan; 01-04-2010 at 08:11 PM.

WoW a blue user name....I should have donated such a long time ago. And being able to DL movies that you can find anywhere else on the web for free...
    You can see it for free because we make them freely available to the public. Again, the donor service is a way to give back for what you're getting for free, it's not intended to force you to pay for our content.

We provide our content for free. Because of this, the donor service is lacking a big "must have" that would generate an enormous amount of money for us. You're effectively complaining that you can see everything we do for free instead of us hiding it. This is boggling.

As far as the actual price -- one year's access is very generous for the amount of bandwidth donors are allowed to use from the site. The downloads we offer make our service easily cost more for us to run than any other WoW-related non-Blizzard premium service.

So TS is the only site on the net that has Strats/Vids/WoW info and you guys are the mother ship that distributes all said content to the rest of the world? That's what you're telling me?

And I realize that no one is forcing me to be here/comment/post. And I also realize that I'm not being forced to pay for any content, like I said just my two cents;welcomed or not

So TS is the only site on the net that has Strats/Vids/WoW info and you guys are the mother ship that distributes all said content to the rest of the world? That's what you're telling me?
    Actually, all he was telling you is that donations help keep TS services free for the vast number of visitors it recieves every day. You don't have to like it, but you also don't have to be so critical.

"If you can't say anything nice..."

Then I apologize, my scrutiny was poorly placed. And yes I realize that I do not have to like it and that I'm free to leave whenever I like and if it is my choice to never return.

Again I'm sorry for the harsh comments, I understand that you guys have many expenses with the upkeep of TS, thanks for what you do and I'll set my alcohol down for now.

No hard feelings...hell who knows, maybe tomorrow I'll have a blue name and be able to upload a sig

You were vague in your previous post indicating ability to DL movies elsewhere, which lead to the impression that you were speaking specifically about the Tankspot produced movies. Of course other people are making strat videos, you're merely being inflammatory here for the sake of trolling. Cider's response was entirely appropriate in this context and you continue to troll.

I donated to this site because it is, bar none, the best site for tanking information on the Internet. It also has a lot of other very useful information as well. I didn't pay money to get a blue name, or so I could put a sig up. From my point of view, you're looking at the equation a little backwards - of course you wouldn't pay $20 solely to get a sig on a forum. However, if a service is provided that you feel is valuable, perhaps you'd be willing to donate to see that service continue.

This is why it is a 'donation' and you are still able to see all the wonderful information here without cost.

people don't know how to keep it in their pants for a little bit before exploding all over my face.

And I realize that no one is forcing me to be here/comment/post. And I also realize that I'm not being forced to pay for any content, like I said just my two cents;welcomed or not
    If you don't feel that the information provided here is worth the money then, well, don't pay for it. Even better, since this information is so readily available elsewhere, why don't you just go elsewhere? You are the person that complains about a free lunch aren't you?

I really don't think this is going good places. People have had their say, lets leave it at that.
    Vexed
    Bronzebeard - US

Quote Originally Posted by Optimoos View Post
    I donated to this site because it is, bar none, the best site for tanking information on the Internet. It also has a lot of other very useful information as well.
    I think you did it to meet girls, Optimoos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalousie View Post
    I think you did it to meet girls, Optimoos.
    Oooooh, caught

people don't know how to keep it in their pants for a little bit before exploding all over my face.

Just gotta be a bigger person and know when to walk away.

Paladan. Why even repeat what you said and what other people said and being an ass in the same time.

Yes you said your apologies but being an arrogant doesn't help it

Closed Thread