+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms warrior DPS Low

Arms warrior DPS Low

I have arms spec and my dps still low
    I am doing 3.5 to 4.0k in PVE but people say i should be doing more with my gear
    got the roation down and every think and no idea what i am doing wrong. any help would help did a lots off research and no idea what i am doing wrong.

The World of Warcraft Armory

I can only comment on your arms spec:

Your hit seems WAY over the cap (263 for 8%), all that extra is wasted points. You have great gear, but maybe not the right mix of it with all that hit. I've had the same problems myself. The Mark of Supremacy is a great trinket, but it's got all that hit on it. Take this with a grain of salt, but maybe try the Darkmoon Card: Greatness in its place (or something similar)? That might be cost-prohibitive, though.

Also, I think ArP needs to be higher, but I'm a little fuzzy on the cap myself.

In terms of rotation, I've adjusted mine recently and noticed a huge increase:
    Rend --> Mortal Strike --> Execute (when Sudden Death up) --> Overpower (when Taste for Blood up, for my gear I use Overpower over Execute when they're both available) --> Bladestorm once both those on cd --> Slam when nothing else coming up.

I used to hit Rend whenever I didn't have anything else and rarely slammed. This was a mistake. Including it has been great, and the only time I don't is when I'm rage starved. I've read that it's ideal to refresh Rend only right after the last tick. I use Power Auras to signal me when Rend falls off, and that's when I hit the hotkey.

Also, I always make sure 5 stacks of Sunder Armor are up on the target (sometimes no one else is stacking it on the boss). As ArP is an issue for me, this is vital for maximizing my dps.

Again, I'm right with you here, trying to figure out what was wrong with my low dps. I'm now seeing myself near the top of the dps meters in places like ToC & ICC, and consistently do 4k-5k (and even some spikes over 7k) - whereas a week or two ago I was only in the 3k range.

Hope this helps.

I agree with Wez above. I have the same problems and what I have been doing is stacking ArP gems in everything. I've got the NES trinket so maybe run H FoS till you get it. Another warrior in my guild told me to get rid of the Mark of Supremacy trinket and go with the Mirror of Truth because i was way over on hit (like you are).

These are the things I have done. I'm still working on the rotation but I did #2 dps in a 10 man ICC last week so I believe I have gotten positive results.

what should my ArP at unbuffed ?
    thx for the info if thier any else i need plz tell me thx

See I was always taught to use Overpower whenever humanly possible from Taste for Blood Procs and then secondly use Execute from Sudden Death Procs THEN use MS and then Slam if all is on Cool Down. And of course keep Rend up at all times. Did I miss a memo? My gear is very good and I do 7.5k+ on single targets now day in a 25 man fully raid buffed (depending on RNG).
    Also you have wayyyyyy too much hit and Expertise...I often pass on gear to other guildies if I know its going to put me other the cap on these types of stats, its just wasted...and I also try to keep back up gear for this reason so I can switch things around and b able to equip the new piece and still be able to manage my stats. Like a ranged weapon with hit/expertise/a dn one without in my bank and rings and necks and such for this purpose. The ARP hardcap is 1400 and the soft cap is half that if you have a procing trinket that has ARP proc on it which I have shown here:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rms&n=Cloverly
    Last edited by Cloverly; 01-07-2010 at 08:36 AM.

thx all for the help

my last question what is better for me Strenght or ArP gems

Had same problem as Fury - ArP was around 300 or so and doing 4k DPS in raids. Upped to 500+ with a few gem and gear changes:
    Swap Strength Gems for ArP
    Swap high Hit Gear for ArP gear (mostly stuff I had lying around with slightly lower gear score)

Managed 6.5k on ICC 10 Trash last night - then trailed of to 5.5k - doh.

Suspect we switched tanks from Wariror to Pally - need to confirm as I can't remember now - so perhaps sunder armour would have helped.

So I'm aiming now for 600-700 ArP and the trinket while maintaining hit.

Once I've got there, spare sockets will return to Strength.

+ Reply to Thread