+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Critque My Tank DK

Critque My Tank DK

Now here is my DK The World of Warcraft Armory - Emopally @ Runetotem - Profile I am MT for our guild I'm curious about upgrades to his legs bc i lose tons of expertise. I'm struggling to keep expertise and hit up as u can see I'm gemming into it in many slots. Now I know i should be stacking stam but I can't with out losing to much hit and expertise. I do have the axe that gives tons of expertise and the sword for hit. But just wanted others Opinions. Thanks

Ps. Despite all my searching when ur undercap on Hit and Expertise. Which one is better for a Dk Tank? I've read warriors its useless but DKs?
    Last edited by 4u2nv; 01-14-2010 at 11:40 AM.

Not bad. I'd find a replacement for the Onyxia quest trinket. If by the axe, you mean the one off Saurfang, go with that instead. More sockets, slower (better high end damage), and a ton of expertise. Pure win.

Get Ramladaani's axe. 2 blue gems and nice stats. I'd also switch the UA glyph for oblit, but that's just me

i have the axe and the sword for hit. wha ti dont understand is y not UA? its very good. But now im stuck with 6% hit... (best ive had in months) i had 2.8% for all of togc content and had no threat problem but now with allt he taunting i notice i miss moer. I went and pulled out my other Helm for hit and 2 set bonus. Im at 25 expertise and i can get upgrade craftable pants or boots but i loose the expertise. So I'm stuck now

The reason to not use Glyph of Unbreakable Armor is the vast majority don't think the armor gain is worth it.

As far as I have experienced/read, expertise is pretty much the last thing you should care about. I run 0 expertise from gear on my DPS set, and as much as gear forces me to have on my tanking set (which ends up being right around dodge cap). Hit, on the other hand, controls taunts, which are often very important. If one of your options is to have citidel enforcer's claymore and be hit capped, I would choose that option on fights where a taunt miss is unacceptable (saurfang, festergut, etc.). For trash and stuff, being capped really doesn't make much difference. Missing a taunt (or even two) will rarely to never cause a wipe.

A strategy I adopted to compensate for a lack of hit is to use Dark Command and Death Grip simultaneously for the above fights. Both are off of GCD, and the chance of both missing is extremely small. On the other hand, this leaves you helpless for 8 seconds if someone pulls aggro.

You could always glyph for Dark Command too, then you wouldn't really need to worry about hit either.

My understanding is the exact opposite of k3rr1g0r's. Prioritize Expertise for both threat and avoidance, and sacrifice Hit for EH. Anything up to the Expertise hard cap (57) is not wasted, as that still reduces parry-haste from autoattacks, but only gem for the soft cap if necessary.

On fights that require constant taunting, replace one of your glyphs (probably Icy Touch) with Glyph of Dark Command. Carry around a stack of those two glyphs in your bags so you can switch on the fly.

And as K3rr said, don't forget that if Dark Command misses, Death Grip also has a temporary taunt component (mob forced to attack you for 3s) that can buy you time to Rune Strike it or otherwise regain aggro on it.
    Last edited by Kurtosis; 01-16-2010 at 12:29 AM.

What Kurtosis said.

Expertise is more important than hit for both threat and avoidance.

+ Reply to Thread