+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blood Spec advice.

Blood Spec Tanking advice.

I have been tanking for a while now and I am looking to improve my spec. I have been digging around a bit and this is what I have come up with.

I am pretty sure someone knows better than me and hopefully they are here to help.

Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft

If you care to look at my armory here it is.

The World of Warcraft Armory
    Last edited by Hipposhanks; 01-04-2010 at 05:11 PM.

You spec too far in unholy and miss out the gravy talents in blood.

You lose:

Vampiric Blood
    10% damage
    10% armor pen
    45% increased critical damage for the majority of your rotation
    Dancing Rune Weapon(not a problem with tanks )

Here is my room mates Blood tanking spec, you might try it.

The World of Warcraft Armory

You wont hold aggro on any decently geared DPS with that spec: missing Subversion, Might of Morgrain and Blood Gorged. You've also skipped all of Blood's key survival tools: Rune Tap, Vampiric Blood (seriously? you skipped this?)

Imp Blood Presence is a waste of points, the healing is negligible.

There are cookie-cutter specs for a reason: they work.

EDIT: Looking at your armoury you're actually using that spec. Can you please explain why you skipped VB? One of the strongest cooldowns of any tank?
    Last edited by vine; 01-04-2010 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vine View Post
    You wont hold aggro on any decently geared DPS with that spec: missing Subversion, Might of Morgrain and Blood Gorged. You've also skipped all of Blood's key survival tools: Rune Tap, Vampiric Blood (seriously? you skipped this?)

Imp Blood Presence is a waste of points, the healing is negligible.

There are cookie-cutter specs for a reason: they work.

EDIT: Looking at your armoury you're actually using that spec. Can you please explain why you skipped VB? One of the strongest cooldowns of any tank?
    Ok gimme some slack, I came here for help for obvious reasons and didn't say my spec was good in fact I thought it was bad, hence the reason I'm here.

Besides all that I actually tank rather well with a few minor problems and chose Mark of Blood over VB because of the fact that it doesn't require a Healer if things get that bad, If I'm getting roflstomped by some mobs I use my other CD's like my trinket or Ice bound fortitude.

I wasn't having a go at you I was genuinely curious of your reasons for skipping VB. For self healing VB is far more powerful than MoB. Pop VB and throw in two Death Strikes, you'll be healed almost full. Also MoB procs for anyone who is damaged by the target, so a lot of charges could be eaten up.

Also VB is on a 60 second cooldown, MoB is 3 minutes.

If all you are doing is heroics, then practically any spec will work, but if you are looking to get some raid experience you really need to choose the right talents.

Oh also your hit rating is fine, you could safely swap out Glyph of Dark Command for Rune Strike or Death Strike.

thanks much sorry for over reacting.

+ Reply to Thread