+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tauren or orc?

Tauren or orc?

Hi all! I need advice. I have a warrior tank (tauren) with 37400hp. when i start play wow one my freind advice me that the best tanks are tauren cause 5% of hp and i creat it... But my favorite race is ORc and i am thinking in changing that but i need be adveiced cause i only change if orc tanks are very good cause i dont wana lose 20 and 1870 hp (37400x0.05=1870) for nothing... SOw i want to know if realy is good or not change for orc...

PLz my english is not the best but i need to know

Waiting for reply

Give me your opinion what is best for tanking? With the wow conditions rigth now with a ORC or a TAUREN?

Orcs do get an Expertise bonus with Axes, unless that has changed.
    Personally I play with the race I like, not what is the "best" race.

Also, they've lowered the bonus health a Tauren gets from 5% to something like ~500 hp.

It's still nice, but hardly game breaking with current health pools.

Seriously, play whatever race you want. Blizzard's done a good job lately at making it so that race isn't all that big a problem anymore.

If you want to be an Orc, be an Orc.

its base health now, so its only 500-600hp extra. i say if you do any sort of dps go orc, otherwise just stay tauren. the +5 expertise for axes isn't that awesome for tanks since there are hardly any good tanking axes. plus warstomp is nice on certain trash mobs.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Tanking: tauren
    DPS: orc

Mine's orc, I get the expertise bonus with axes.

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    its base health now, so its only 500-600hp extra. i say if you do any sort of dps go orc, otherwise just stay tauren. the +5 expertise for axes isn't that awesome for tanks since there are hardly any good tanking axes. plus warstomp is nice on certain trash mobs.
    May I point you in the direction of Falric's Wrist Chopper?

Yeah, it's a HC Tanking Axe, but it's a Tanking Axe :P

Quote Originally Posted by Charonites View Post
    May I point you in the direction of Falric's Wrist Chopper?

Yeah, it's a HC Tanking Axe, but it's a Tanking Axe :P
    Troggbane. Discussion over.

so 3 tanking axes versus how many maces and swords?
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    The point is he likes orcs though, I'd say if he really likes orcs, he should become an orc

Much like it is on alliance, race really don't matter. Just be happy you are not going druid so you can pick your race. By and far, race selection is really just aesthetics.

Honestly, its preference.

With that being said, the basic belief is that Tauren Warriors are made to PvE, while Orc Warriors are made for PvP.

But truthfully, play whatever you can stand to look at for hours upon hours. If looks don't matter, look at the extra 400-600 HP you get for being a tauren, or the expertise bonuses on axes you get for being an orc.

I have yet to decide if I would like to race change some time to try a different look out, but that seems kind of weird and wrong in terms of WoW.
    (haha sorry, off-topic)

Play a Human!

(Eravian runs for cover and hides)

Seriously, though, the differences are going to be slight enough that I would go with whatever race YOU personally want your character to be, and look at stat bonuses afterwards. Especially since they changed the Tauren health modifier, you won't see that big a change. Warstomp is probably the only thing you'll miss. I personally go for whatever race I think looks the coolest, and then worry about stats, etc. after that.

+ Reply to Thread