+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anything you would do different?

Anything you would do different?

just checking to see how close i am to the general consensus. there's no need to tell me to re-gem everything with +30 stam gems cause imho that's a waste and just makes you a meat shield instead of a tank. any other constructive criticism is welcome.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Get 26 expertise.

Then gem 30 stamina. Not strength or anything else. Add in hit only if doing heroic mode raids and don't want to glyph for improved taunting.

Your gear is where your avoidance comes from, use gems to shore up weaknesses.

ok...

well threat isnt a problem. i usually have more than enough to hold single target from our dps. I know that aoe tanking isn't what I should be focused on to begin with. Would expertise really help that much or since i hold good threat should i just go with what i have.

If threat isn't a problem don't worry about expertise, excess threat is useless. For your gearing along with what Jaeden said about gemming all stam unless the socket bonus is 9 stam or higher here for your enchants I would grab the pvp enchant for your shoulders, 225 armor to your cloak, 275 health for chest, and 18 stamina to your gloves.

The Glyph of Indomitability is an easy upgrade over the Ony trinket with a nice bit of EH and a great on use. The triumph shoulders are also a nice upgrade for you. With your frost emblems since you already have the cloak I would grab the belt next. When you gear continue to focus on EH since bosses are designed to favor EH, if you want to get in depth in EH through taking into account magic damage read this Maintankadin • View topic - "New" EH - incorporating different damage types into EH.

+30 stam gems cause imho that's a waste and just makes you a meat shield instead of a tank.
    tank = meat shield.

It's our job to take hits, you need to have enough health that you don't die. It's not a waste of anything to gem for stamina.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Gemming for stamina is by no means going to make you a giant mana sponge, enough avoidance comes with gear that the only way tanks can prevent deaths outside of CD usage is to have more EH, think about the ways tanks die in current encounters.

Algalon bursts you down with in seconds so stacking avoidance simply relys on RNG too much.

Gormok kills you with a melee, followed by an Impale and bleed which are both unavoidable.

Marrowgar will kill you by getting 3 hits in a row on you without heals, if you stack avoidance here you also rely on RNG and when that situation happens and the attacks land which they will evententually you will be dead, you might as well give yourself a bigger buffer.

+ Reply to Thread