+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can I tank heroics with this gear?

Can I tank heroics with this gear?

title basically, i dinged 80 a week or so ago and wanted to know if can I successfully tank heroics with my current gear - any tips on how to gear up better would be appreciated.

my armoury link is : The World of Warcraft Armory

Thanks for the advice

You could do some of the easier herioics. I would NOT recommend ICC or ToC heroics, but things like UK or VH or whatever should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalostanksagain View Post
    title basically, i dinged 80 a week or so ago and wanted to know if can I successfully tank heroics with my current gear - any tips on how to gear up better would be appreciated.
    You are *just* def capped. You are low on hit. Stick to the easier ones, you should be ok. And remember...you may have threat issues initially because your stats are low. Get badges, gear up. And give a warning to those uber-leet (at least they think they are) DPS that if they out-aggro you, you'll let 'em die. And then do just that. Part of the DPS's job is to manage their aggro. It may not be the fastest run, but it can be a clean one.
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CatabriOnEarthen View Post
    You are *just* def capped. You are low on hit. Stick to the easier ones, you should be ok. And remember...you may have threat issues initially because your stats are low. Get badges, gear up. And give a warning to those uber-leet (at least they think they are) DPS that if they out-aggro you, you'll let 'em die. And then do just that. Part of the DPS's job is to manage their aggro. It may not be the fastest run, but it can be a clean one.
    Ran into an issue like that recently in Heroic ToC and Heroic Forge of Souls.
    I had 2k less health than either tank while in my DPS gear...

I think the only reason the tank was able to tank in Forge of Souls is because he was a paladin.

And I definately agree that DPS need to watch their aggro.
    Fury warriors are really bad about that, since they tend to get alot of snap aggro which tends to kill them

Looking at your gear I would suggest getting one of the following first Clutch of Fortification - Item - World of Warcraft for 35 Emblems of Triumph or Shoulderguards of Enduring Order - Item - World of Warcraft for 45 Emblems of Triumph unless you prefer Liadrin's Shoulderguards of Conquest - Item - World of Warcraft for 30 Emblems over the non-tier shoulders.

+ Reply to Thread