+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to Improve?

How to Improve?

So, I dinged on Christmas and here is a link to my current Protection Paladin.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Can anyone tell me if I'm gearing anything improperly?

I've only done 5 man heroics so far. I wanted to do ICC eventually.

What else should I add if I want to tank ICC? What changes should I make, so if you looked at me as a tank in 10-man ICC, you would feel comfortable (based on gear and spec exclusively).

I know I can add a new belt, cape and trinkets. I am farming more emblems for upgrades.

hey there....ive been doin heroics for about 3 weeks so far...and so far u are in the right track. I started goin to tankspot just today and ill be doin a lot of changes in my specs for sure... ill be taking out divine sacrifice and place the points in either conviction or vindication....other than that..ur spec looks good to me.

gearwise...change the headpiece and the shoulder pieces to the ones u can get in dal. its ok if u loose the 4 t9 piece bonus. The shoulder of enduring order and helm of the honor bound give u more stats which is important imo. Upgrade ur belt and the backpiece and it should give u enuf def rate to gem and enchant stam instead of def rate.

that is my toon...dont mind the talent spec..since im bout to change that...but other than that..those gears are a MUST for you. gem stam all the way. dont bother for the gear bonus unless its good like the headpiece that i have. other than that...spam stam gems and you will be g2g. hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by kintler1 View Post
    hey there....ive been doin heroics for about 3 weeks so far...and so far u are in the right track. I started goin to tankspot just today and ill be doin a lot of changes in my specs for sure... ill be taking out divine sacrifice and place the points in either conviction or vindication....other than that..ur spec looks good to me.

gearwise...change the headpiece and the shoulder pieces to the ones u can get in dal. its ok if u loose the 4 t9 piece bonus. The shoulder of enduring order and helm of the honor bound give u more stats which is important imo. Upgrade ur belt and the backpiece and it should give u enuf def rate to gem and enchant stam instead of def rate.

that is my toon...dont mind the talent spec..since im bout to change that...but other than that..those gears are a MUST for you. gem stam all the way. dont bother for the gear bonus unless its good like the headpiece that i have. other than that...spam stam gems and you will be g2g. hope that helps.
    So check out my armory again. I changed some stuff based on your suggestions.

Okay, so a lot of people on this forum say to gem for stam. However, on my server, all the best geared tanks gem for their stat bonus. I asked the 2 top tanks in my guild and they basically said to put in multicolor gems into yellow or red sockets; they were surprised that I would even consider a +30 stam gem in a yellow or blue socket.

For example, if the bonus is +6 stamina, then the trade-off between 1 blue +30 gem and a +10 (dodge/defense) and +15 stam is basically 9 stamina vs the other stat, right? Is 9 stam better than 10 def or 10 dodge?

This is important because +9 and +12 stam socket bonuses are good, right? The Breastplate of White Knight has a +12 stam bonus BUT it requires 2 off color sockets (yellow and red) to activate. Doesn't that just make it like a +6 stam bonus, because you need 2 non-blue gems to activate? So, +12 stam bonus on the Breastplate of White Knight is just "average"?

What tons of tanks do is gem all 30 staminas unless the socket bonus is 9 stamina or higher, meaning that if the socket bonus is 12 stam but it takes 2 non blue sockets that you would be gemming stamina all the way. Honestly it doesn't matter either way since with good use of cooldowns ICC bosses very rarely kill tanks, but through almost every hardmode in WotLK this has been the favorable way to gear.

Regemmed and re-enchanted everything.

How is it now??

I also hate my shield.

All of your current enchants and gems look great.

I have 60 emblems to spend now.

What is a better upgrade for me? The belt or the trinket?

I really like the trinket. I think people are saying that the trinket is bad. However, I would replace my Black Heart with the Trinket and then upgrade my Glyph with the Organ. Is that a good idea?

The belt seems like a very good upgrade, also. I can't decide!

Any insight?

The belt all the way, a knee jerk reaction is to take the trinket because of the increase in stamina but the belt which also has huge amounts of stamina makes up for the loss with tons of armor. The trinket is that big of an upgrade over the Black Heart if you take into the proc also, but the Organs are currently best in slot and worth replacing any trinket with.

KRC & Kintler, just wanted to drop in and say thanks for all your help so far. Your comments/suggestions have really helped me gear my guy better.

+ Reply to Thread