+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mutilate Rogue in 3.3

Mutilate Rogue in 3.3

Here's a bit of a question I have concerning Aldriana's updated 3.3 combat and mutilate rogue guide (3.3 Rogue FAQ (If you're new-ish here, read this before posting) - Updated 12/18/09 - Elitist Jerks)

According to the guide, with the buffs in 3.3 the use of rupture is no longer part of the mutilate rotation. That's fine, mutilate just became tons easier. Only thing is that I'm gearing up my rogue and I'm looking @ my T9 bonuses and the 2pc says that rupture has a chance to make my next attack -40energy. I'm wondering if it'd be worth it to get the T9 and ignore the 2pc or try to work with it.

I've tried PMing Adriana but to no avail. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. I have close to 100triumph badges and idk exactly if I should get the T9 or get the 245 stuff. =(

Tier 9 isn't inherently bad, but the set bonus is worthless for Mutilate, atm. ArPen is also a low valued stat that seems to be overly present on tier 9.

As it sits right now, the stat that seems to be missing from most of our gear is Expertise, so any piece you can find (or already have) hold onto.

I would value the t9 helm and shoulders the highest (though the helm is easily replacable from Onyxia, and the shoulders have ArPen). After those two, the gloves and chest. The last piece I would get is the pants from the set.

Thanks for your imput, Volador. I'll snag the helm and I may hang on to it instead of going for the Bloodfang Hood because it has a good amount of arp also. :3 I just hit 80 the other day so I still have the enjoyment of picking up good pieces of gear with expertise n' such as my buddies carry me through stuff haha.

I'll also check Atlas Loot to see if there's lower level gear I can obtain through the crusader badges n' such. Most of my gear is blue so anything is really an upgrade but I don't want to just collect a good amount of gear with badges and realize that a lower-level item could be superior because it lacks arp.

I was looking for an answer on this but couldn't find it.

I picked up dualspec this weekend for my baby rogue (76), and went mutilate on the 2nd spec (combat was first).

In the post at EJ, they advocate 1/3 vile and 4/5 imp. When asked why, they say "It's better according to our spreadsheets", but this is probably assuming ICC gear.

Having said that, the changes do affect the lower level rogues. Would a levelling rogue benefit more from 3/3 vile and 2/5 imp, given that it's more likely moving from one target to the next quickly? You aren't going to be building 5 stacks of deadly too often before mobs die.

And before you go saying "just kill crap and get to 80", this is a min-maxing question!

I leveled mutilate on my rogue and just followed the spec on EJ. The 1/3vile and 4/5imp you're talking about is the combat one, which I know nothing about. I really don't know all that much about mutilate, I just read the guides and spec/try to dps accordingly.

+ Reply to Thread