+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 80 Prot Pally Profession question/suggestions

80 Prot Pally Profession question/suggestions

Hey Guys,
    For the most part I'm new to tankspot and I would like to get some suggestions or any other info that could help.

I just hit 80 the other day on my pally and started my heroics to get geared up. And with the help of some great guildies with some etra mats and from my alt i got a great chest and bracers too. Anyway my concern is my profession. I didn't think about it much leveling but now i think i regret not taking like jewelcrafting and enchanting for the huge amount of extra stam i could have.

Should I drop my alchemy/herb for those two? I figured enchanting over blacksmithing as its easier to lvl, and whether its 2 extra slots or 2 extra enchants i don't see the difference in enchanting or blacksmithing.

Thank you for your time guys.

Edit: oh here is my armory
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...une&n=Onyxiuss

I know I'm not the majority when I say... Goblin Engineering is the best. Rocket Boots, Armor to gloves, and BOMBS!!!!!

I go through hundreds of bombs. Not to mention you can make some quick cash off of Elementals. Maybe it isn't the best but it's fun and it makes your life easy.

thanks for the response, it seems that 32 views to this post and you are the only one that responded, looks like there are a lot more people that agree with engineering as a profession.

I guess i need to see where the bombs and rocket boots help.

Honestly, any of the professions in any combination (Blacksmithing, JC, Mining, Enchanting, Leatherworking) come out to about the same total health gained with very slight variations. Just pick what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlite View Post
    Honestly, any of the professions in any combination (Blacksmithing, JC, Mining, Enchanting, Leatherworking) come out to about the same total health gained with very slight variations. Just pick what you want.
    Thanks Red,
    So it would make more sense to drop what i have and just grab enchanting and jewelcrafting, or jewelcrafting and BS.

I am still trying to see how engineer fits in. I actually see quite a few pally tanks with alchemy and engineering, or alchemy and jewelcrafting.

Alchemy has a Mixology bonus which allows flasks to last 2 hours instead of one hour. Engineering has a few perks like bonus armor on hands. That's all I know of right now, I'm sure there is more.

Engineering has +880 armor on hands, +agi to cloak with parachute bonuses, an extra belt enchant(it stacks with buckles). The other professions can all be summed up to roughly "+60 stam", except for JC that is +63 and bs that is, like enchanting, extra space to get more of any stat(both equal +60 stam too)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyxius View Post
    Hey Guys,I didn't think about it much leveling but now i think i regret not taking like jewelcrafting and enchanting for the huge amount of extra stam i could have.
    My pally tank is JC/BS. 2 extra sockets, into which I put my +51 JC only Stam gems. I put the other in the Belt buckle I don't have to pay 50G for, made from mats farmed by my DK.

Not to mention not having to pay 250ish to buy epic gems, etc. every time I upgrade my gear. *BTW* when trying to figure out which epic cuts to buy first.......buy the ones you need. Stam, Str, Hit, Def. Then branch out. Hopefully, you have a friend or two that can cover you in the meantime.

But uncut gems are expensive, you say! Nay, I say...they cost 10k honor, which can be had for turning in all of those Stonekeeper's Shards you have no use for. Or sitting in WG for 20 - 30 minutes a day. We (as a guild) recently traded our multitudes of Shards for epic gems........and put like 60 of them in the g-bank this week alone.
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by CatabriOnEarthen View Post
    My pally tank is JC/BS. 2 extra sockets, into which I put my +51 JC only Stam gems. I put the other in the Belt buckle I don't have to pay 50G for, made from mats farmed by my DK.

Not to mention not having to pay 250ish to buy epic gems, etc. every time I upgrade my gear. *BTW* when trying to figure out which epic cuts to buy first.......buy the ones you need. Stam, Str, Hit, Def. Then branch out. Hopefully, you have a friend or two that can cover you in the meantime.

But uncut gems are expensive, you say! Nay, I say...they cost 10k honor, which can be had for turning in all of those Stonekeeper's Shards you have no use for. Or sitting in WG for 20 - 30 minutes a day. We (as a guild) recently traded our multitudes of Shards for epic gems........and put like 60 of them in the g-bank this week alone.
    I know that you turn in the 10k honor for epics, but i didnt know you can do stonekeeper shards for epics where is that?

And my rogue is a JC/miner so i take him out and farm ore for gems and such too.

30 Stonekeeper Shards can be turned in for a a token that gives 2k honor.
    9 Wintergrasp Marks can be burned in for the same token.
    You can only turn them in when your side controls Wintergrasp, its the vendor that sells the WG gear, gem cuts, and WG BoA gear.

If you're looking for max-stam, you want JC + Leatherworking. However, if you can miss out on 2 stamina from the bracer enchant, then pick up mining, BS or enchanting, you will get 60 stamina from each of those, respectively. Engineering is gimicky, and they don't offer a good helm after Naxx25 drops. It also isn't great for making money. JC and mining or Bsmithing/chanting however can make you heaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    If you're looking for max-stam, you want JC + Leatherworking. However, if you can miss out on 2 stamina from the bracer enchant, then pick up mining, BS or enchanting, you will get 60 stamina from each of those, respectively. Engineering is gimicky, and they don't offer a good helm after Naxx25 drops. It also isn't great for making money. JC and mining or Bsmithing/chanting however can make you heaps.
    Enchanting less so than before, unless you can get good tips.
    Prior to the patch, Enchanting's money maker was selling mats, but now there is the DE option for loot, Enchanting has taken a major hit in money making.

JC especially when you get a big selection of Epic cuts and have a good source of epic gems, is your big money maker.
    Friend of mine, has all of his alts roll with Alchemy (transmuters) just to make Epic Gems for his JC to cut.

Alot of the "big tanks" I have noticed are JC/BS though. Reason being is you get 3 special gems that can be used for almost anything, and 2 extra sockets so you can always use those gems, without worrying about socket bonus, since between the 2 extra sockets and the belt buckle you can use the 3 Dragon's Eyes without a care on socket bonus.

Jc/mining are good for tanking

I went with JC and Blacksmithing on my Warrior - the extra two sockets give a nice stam increase plus the 3 x 51 stamina gems from JC is also great.

The one thing I like about taking Blacksmithing over something like mining is you aren't restricted to just stamina. Now for tanking stamina is pretty much all you'll care about for those extra two sockets so if this is all you do then awesome. I also have a fury offspec for my warrior too, in this case I prefer Blacksmithing purely because it benefits my offspec too as it's another two strength gems for me

+ Reply to Thread