+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 3.3 DK Blood DPS stats to aim for?

3.3 DK Blood DPS stats to aim for?

Noob Blood DPSer here, switching from DW Frost, and not sure what stats to gem/enchant for now. I know Armor Pen was changed in 3.3, but hear it's still top DPS stat? Is 40% ArP still the goal? Ensidia says to just gem for Str and get ArP from gear.

Still farming Triumphs for trinkets and sigil, but given my current gear, what should I gem for now? My most recent Armory (in dps gear atm) and Wow-heroes cache (dps gear up-to-date here in case I log out in tank stuff later).

Edit: Nm, just saw the QA at the end of that Ensidia thread:
    Q: I see many DKs gemming ArP, is it better than Strength for Blood?

No, especially after the nerf to ArP in 3.2.2 Str is a much better stat. DON'T EVER GEM ARP.
    Will gem for Hit, Exp, and Str then.
    Last edited by Kurtosis; 01-04-2010 at 11:01 AM.

Pretty much.

Due to the ArP nerf that they had in 3.2.2, ArP is still an amazing stat to deal with as Blood however it's no longer best. This is due to the fact that yes, Physically damage wise, ArP will still beat Strength for Blood, but you still have some of your attacks that require you to use AP numbers, and ArP has nothing to do with it.

As such, unlike Combat Rogues, Fury Warriors and Kitty Druids, ArP loses it's power due to the fact it isnt' solely based on physical damage anymore. Also the nerf to the co-efficient is pretty low.

However Ensidia as always doesn't explain eff all about why things work the way they do and that's why I really don't like their guides.

ArP Is by far the better stat for Blood however the sheer fact remains that a Blood DK relies on magic attacks as well as physical damage which then decreases the utility of ArP. As such, it is better to go with STrength due to the fact it will increase all damage and not just around 75% of your damage.

Leave it to Ensidia to not explain stuff.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Thanks K, much appreciated.

Btw, I've noticed since Tankspot's redesign, there doesn't appear to be a way to mark a response as the best answer anymore. Or am I just missing it somewhere?

Not the right forums to do so You get that when you post in the Halp section.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Another thing to keep in mind is all of your % based strength modifiers.

Just like you said... hit (262) -> expertise (26) -> strength.

+ Reply to Thread