+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Arms Warrior - The Big Decision

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6

    Arms Warrior - The Big Decision

    Hello Tankspot people, i have recently gotten Banner of Victory that contributes 84 ARP rating/6% to replace my Mirror of Truth.

    This is my armory:
    The World of Warcraft Armory

    As you can see, i have 46.16% + 16% (from Battle Stance) which gives a total of 62.16% armor ignore. I have ideas( atm still contemplating what to do ) to regem 10 gem slots which are currently 20 strength to 20 armor penetration.

    Doing that will give me around 76.44% armor ignore. However, in doing so, i will lose exactly 400 Attack Power.

    Will this give me a overall increase in dps? And roughly by how much? I am unsure because 400 Attack Power sounds hefty. At the moment i deal 5.1k DPS on Saurfang 10man.

    Any help will be appreciated before i have to drop roughly 1.6k gold on regemming. Besides this problem, i also am unsure of whether i should continue to use my Needle Encrusted Scorpion. If it procs i will be over the cap, so comments on this and also suggestions of what possible trinkets i can replace NES with is good!


    Thank you ! (:

  2. #2
    The questions you ask is best answered by using a spreadsheet, loading your toon into it and switch gems and gear around.

    So download RAWR(new version just released) or use Landsouls Spreadsheet(form Elitist Jerks). Noone else will be able to provide you with a more precise answer...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,067
    regem to arp and hold on to your nes. passive arp is the best way to go, and even with an arp proc trinket you can go over the soft cap. yeh 400 ap might sound like alot, but 14% arp is alot too.
    -Jimmy

    |Ex Tank|

    TWITCH.TV STREAM


  4. #4
    With regard to NES - just remember that as your passive ArP increases beyond the softcap towards the hardcap the relative value of the trinket decreases. At some point other trinkets(Greatness, Death Verdict, Mark of Supremacy and even Mirror of Truth) with AP/STR procs will yield you more dps.

    So again i recommend to use RAWR og LS to find out when. These tools arent foolproof, but are the best available for figuring out your questions. I wouldnt recommend listening to people offering anecdotal advise saying "ArP didnt work for me cuz i dummy-testet it and i only got x dps", " i saw an decrease in dps on my last attempt on Saurfang so ArP-gemming sucks" or "just gem ArP FTW".

    RAWR and LS has been extensively testet and discussed by many math-clever players and the calculations behind it are regularly corrected and verified. Besides that both tool can be adjusted to take many other important values into account, that cant practically be done on a dummy-test without investing a lot of time and energy not to mention a good understanding of math and stastistics.

    With regard to RAWR - it has a nice tutorial that makes it quite easy to understand and use.
    Last edited by Erkebrand; 01-04-2010 at 02:25 AM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thank you for the replies.

    Ok so i will definitely use Rawr or Landsoul's Spreadsheet to check for myself.

    U mentioned using other trinkets with AP/Str procs instead of the NES as the relative value of the NES drops as ur ARP gets nearer to hardcap.

    MY question is, does Death Verdict proc stack with my Banner of Victory proc?
    And for that matter, does Greatness, Mirror of Truth procs stack with Banner of Victory proc? And Whispering Fanged Skull too.

    How does the trinket proc work? Can their procs occur at the same time?
    Last edited by Iceforged; 01-04-2010 at 03:20 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,067
    it stacks because its a different proc value. and yes, they can possibly proc at the same time.
    -Jimmy

    |Ex Tank|

    TWITCH.TV STREAM


+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts