+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which Sigil is better for Tanking

Which Sigil is better for Tanking

Alrighty I have done some looking around and so far this is the sigil I think is the best.

Sigil of the Bone Gryphon - Item - World of Warcraft

or is this better?

Sigil of Insolence - Item - World of Warcraft

Here is my Armory

The World of Warcraft Armory

Well, if you are THAT starving for 20 points of dodge rating...sure? Rune Strike is a special attack that procs after you dodge or parry and ques up on your next auto-swing correct? With a 3.6 weapon speed you would take approximately 12 seconds to get up to your potential 220 dodge, as opposed to having 200 instantly. I personally think the new librams / sigils are severly lacking in upgrade quality.
    Noob Prot Pally - Armory

The new sigil is really questionable. Combine the lack of real upgrade with the cost of the frost emblems and you have your answer. Stick with the Triumph badge version.

For a LONG fight, where you just stand there and take it like Patchwerk, or at least you don't have to be taunted off of, it could be better. For a fight like DBS in ICC, it just isn't worth it.

Chance for 20sec on insolence. Bone gryphon is a more reliable one.

Just like the Unfaltering knight had a chance on Icy Touch of increasing def by 53

100% chance is still a chance.

"Equip: Your Rune Strike ability grants 44 dodge rating for 15 sec. Stacks up to 5 times."

"Equip: Each time you use your Rune Strike ability, you have a chance to gain 200 dodge rating for 20 sec." Bone Gryphon is every strike. Insolence is chance on strike. I'd take the every strike personally.

The problem is you're not taking into account the actual "chance" for the Insolence proc. It's 80%. It has near perfect uptime (20 seconds is a long time) and no ramp up.

With the Bone Gryphon, you have a ramp up, which means any lapse in uptime results in significant dodge rating loss. You gain 20 rating if you maintain a full stack.

Also keep in mind that maybe in tank and spanks outside ICC, it's fairly easy to build and maintain that stack, in ICC, you have a 20% dodge chance reduction, which translates into a significant loss in Rune Strike chance, making it much harder to maintain and much longer to build that stack.

Finally, the Bone Gryphon costs Emblems of Frost which are much better spent on T10 and the badge trinket. Insolence costs Triumph, which are easy to amass now.

There is no real question here. Insolence is the way to go until you're swimming in Frost Emblems and even then, the value proposition is questionable.

Personally I hate the higher end tanking Sigils for DKs, they all rely on Runestrike to work, which some fights it will almost never be available.

On the upside, on those fights, there's little melee damage, so little need for dodge anyway.

+ Reply to Thread