+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bladeward Stacks vs Mongoose

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    It honestly depends on your class. There's some posts around here somewhere that give the math for it, but basically for pally mongoose is better, for warrior bladeward is better.
    I think you have it backwards. I thought blade ward was still bad for both classes compared to mongoose, but after recently looking over some logs from one of our paladin tanks, it seems to have a pretty decent uptime for him. I remember a paladin telling me that they changed what it can proc from with them, and that is probably the reason.

I, on the other hand, still cannot get decent results with blade ward. Tried it 3 times now as a warrior, and each time I end up regretting it a day or so later.

I must admit i ran mongoose for quite some time and noticed a ton of uptime, and in the last month (essential ICC25 Progression) have been running blade ward but with high Parry (approx 22%) i hardly ever see 2 stacks and only seen 3 a handful of times. I never looked at Blood Draining as an option, but anything Lore says usually has to be given some serious food for thought. And i can personally attest to the 95% - 15% Health swings and when i run 49 - 54k Buffed in 25mans (depending on trinket choice) that is sick!! so the BD Tick really could be worth it, and will have to be given a try. But i think Mongoose is the better choice over BW as its just not up enough where as Mongoose was nearly always up.

I've been sticking with Blood Draining but I think BW might be a better choice for ICC due to less health spikes and low amounts of magic damage on the tank. Also, Dodge is still calculated with DR as if you didn't have Chill of the Throne, right? Wouldn't that mean Mongoose will start to take some serious hits as more and more gear filters in from ICC? Seeing as how dodge will be above 30% and such...

Odok, If anything wouldn't lower damage and less damage spikes make Blood Draining more efficent since you are getting hit while under 35% more often and there isn't any bosses outside of Festergut where a single hit and dot will take you from over 35% to dead.

Only if you're actually dipping below 35%. Less spikes means my low end is usually in the 40-50% range.

Switching to Blood Draining tonight, I need a smart heal because some of my healers are stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Odok View Post
    Also, Dodge is still calculated with DR as if you didn't have Chill of the Throne, right? Wouldn't that mean Mongoose will start to take some serious hits as more and more gear filters in from ICC? Seeing as how dodge will be above 30% and such...
    This is a good question I'm wondering about too. Anyone know if Dodge still suffers DR due to CotT, or do you get the full dodge benefits from the enchant?

EDIT: After some more reading, Dodge does indeed still suffer from DR. That said, Bladeward seems to be more attractive than Mongoose.
    Last edited by Antioch; 01-14-2010 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antioch View Post
    This is a good question I'm wondering about too. Anyone know if Dodge still suffers DR due to CotT, or do you get the full dodge benefits from the enchant?

EDIT: After some more reading, Dodge does indeed still suffer from DR. That said, Bladeward seems to be more attractive than Mongoose.
    While it does suffer from DR as if CotT didn't exist, it doesn't make Bladeward any sweeter. It consumes every stack as soon as you parry, so you lose that avoidance immediately while Mongoose, as small as it is, is almost static dodge, crit, armor and haste. Best bet for ICC still is Blood Draining from what I'm gathering though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

+ Reply to Thread