Closed Thread

Thread: Careful when signing up as a Donor

Careful when signing up as a Donor

I signed up as a Donor to give a few quid to the tankspot team for creating a useful site.

Hard times meant i couldnt be a donor any longer so i emailed Ciderhelm to cancel my subscription. Unfortunately Ciderhelm decided not to reply to my mail and i've had to pay for another month.

I know its only £3.50 (sterling) but i think its just bad form. Needless to say, i've contacted paypal direct and sorted it.

They probably wont let this post stay visable for long but be careful when signing up guys.

I'm outa here

So... did you wait till the last day and expected an instant reply?

You're assuming quite risky stuff here.
    Last edited by Synapse; 01-04-2010 at 02:26 AM.

I'm pretty sure it says somewhere when you donate that they don't charge automatically. So it's probably how you set it up at paypal. It's not like Cider takes control over you paypal account when you donate. But I might be mistaken...
    The only reason that you're conscious right now is because I don't want to carry you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashor View Post
    I'm pretty sure it says somewhere when you donate that they don't charge automatically. So it's probably how you set it up at paypal. It's not like Cider takes control over you paypal account when you donate. But I might be mistaken...
    When doing the $4.95/month payment option it is set to automatically renew, all other payment options do not automatically renew because they last for at least one year.

You can easily cancel your donor subscription through the Paid Subscriptions section of the user control panel. Furthermore, as stated there and when you originally subscribe, donorship-related issues should be brought to Penlowe, not Ciderhelm.

So, unless your complaint is that those options are too simple and you would like us to implement a more convoluted and time-consuming process to do what we already have simple systems in place to handle, I don't see a need for this post.
    Follow me on Twitter | Facebook | Google+

Closed Thread