+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How many hours to clear ICC?

How many hours to clear ICC?

Hey, I was just wondering, how many hours it took for Guilds to clear ICC the first time (well, the first wing anyway).

I MT a small 10man guild that raids very casually, and i guess I want to work out where we are in the scheme of things compared to other guilds.

So far, since ICC came out we have spent a little under 10 hours in there and have 2 bosses down.

How about others? how many hours have you spend in there to get the bosses down? 10 or 25man?

i think 3-4 the 1st time round. some of us were on the PTR so thats cheating a bit

First time 6 hours,only cause first day it was so much lag and we called of,second day in 4 hours all was clear.Now we do that in 1 flask time,nvm is it 10 man or 25 man.But I think next wing will be much more harder so we will see how good we are :P .
    Last edited by Peca; 01-04-2010 at 12:31 AM.

As a 25 man guild, 10 man was very easy. 25 man took us around 4-5 hours the first time, spread over two raids, not being in any particular hurry. I've had the distinct feeling that we were muscling our way through the fights, so this week put a particular emphasis on clean execution.

A scan of your armory shows that you have only done regular TOC10, so no gear from TOC25 or TOGC10. As such, you are likely to find ICC10 harder than, say, a guild that has gear and experience from 25 man hard modes. As such, I would suggest that you need to judge your pace by looking at your own guild, rather than looking to others. There will be plenty of people that will tell you that the first four bosses are easy, but they probably aren't coming at it from your position.

4-5 on 10 man I think we took but we did talk a lot more than we actually wiped. Still takes closer to 3 I think since we are rotating heavily and tactics need to be discussed/refined with each new group setup. Many ppl have watched the vids here though before the fights which makes it easier.

I do remember the first time I went in there to rep grind and we wiped a ton of times on trash. Time after that one or two wipes before marrowgar and last time none so ppl definately learn.

The tactics on Lady Deathwhisper was probably one of the harder things to get everyone to understand. Especially the part with the reanimated mobs and ppl getting it mixed up thinking only melee can attack one type and ranged one type (even before they are reanimated). One thing I really recommend on that fight is to use both melee and ranged to burn down the adds (no matter which type) quickly. Nothing can wipe a raid so easily in P1 as two or more waves being up at the same time.

Deathwhisper25 took us a really long time. We ended up having two "strike teams" (hunters in one, casters in the other). Melees were split killing adds, and would shout on TS if their side needed help from either of the two teams.
    SQUEAK.
    -- (The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)

Just an update

We finished off the Zone tonight, took another hour and a half 2nd go on gunship and then a few attempts on Deathbringer.

So all up it took us 11.5 hours of raiding to clear, 10man.

A couple of other notes.. we are all 10man raiders, so none of us had a Gearscore over 4900 I think the average was 4600. I think we did alright

It took us ~3 hours (10 man guild)
    Xíanth <Valkyria>

Gearsores of over 5000 on average. We did last ICC 10 man in 1 and a half hours. 20 minutes of which was the summoning, buffing up and waiting for the late slackers.

First ICC we did it in 4 hours spread over 2 nites. Including some trash wipes here (damn those BIG skeletons coming to life on Juuuust the right moment)
    Next ICC took 2.5 hours with some wipes on the gunship and 1 wipe on saurfang.
    Next raid we (mostly) 1 shot-ed the encounters (on a related note: PLEASE GOD..less mail and plate loot..pls!..more healer loot? yes?)

Guild staying in the 10 man raids due to lack of enough people for 25's

The first week we cleared it in about 2.5 hours. We 1-shot everything except for Lady Deathwhisper, which took 2 pulls. Now we clear everything in under an hour, though the Full House achievement took a couple of hours of work to get done.

It helps that we raid 25mans later in the week (sun+mon+tue) so most of us see encounters on 10man for the first time.
    Last edited by sakkdaddy; 01-04-2010 at 07:34 AM.

First week, 25man took us about 3 hours, learning deathwhisper and saurfang after that it only takes about an hour.

My guild only devotes one session per week, per 10-man group, since there are only 4 bosses.

The first week, we got to saurfang in both groups and ran out of time (3.5 hours). The second week, we cleared it in the same 3.5 hour allotment. With the new wing coming out, we'll be adding a second session per group, of course.

it took us about 2 1/2 hours on first 25m clear - down to about an hour now up through saurfang.

I expect the whole instance will be done in a night (4 hours) once its all released and we've done it all 2 times or so.

10 Man my raid is clearing The Lower Spire in right around an hour, give or take 10 minutes.

25 Man we move a lot slower for various reasons, 3.5-4 hours sometimes for a clear of The Lower Spire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalken View Post
    "I'll let the dragon hit me in the face, you stab it in the ass."

The first night in took us 2 hours to clear in 10man. Took us two nights to clear in 25.

Now we zerg it in under an hour.

From the time we pulled morrogar to the time we killed DBS, 65 minutes, with 1 wipe on lady

Was pretty happy with my 10-man group last night, we 1-shotted everything and cleared the place out in under and hour (52 minutes, or thereabouts). Can't wait to start work on the next 3 bosses!

First time in 10 man, somewhere around 3 hours. Every time after that it's been under an hour for the first wing.

25 man was maybe 5 hours, 3 of which was spent wiping on Deathwhisper.

+ Reply to Thread