+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Gear Checked

Need Gear Checked

I was wondering if you guys could take a look at my gear and everything and tell me where I sit and what I should be tanking. The last thing I'm gonna pick up is the 226 badge neck.

You have nice gear. You could use a 2nd trinket and 2nd ring, but I'd have you tank ToC25 or possibly ICC10.

Thanks.

Bump, I upgraded some things. Check it out now, I'm open to suggestions on anything whether it be gemming or enchanting.
    Oh and the character is Libertyprime. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Libertyprime

I'm trying to get a Band of the Traitor King but no one's selling for a reasonable price.
    Last edited by Bearrorist; 01-05-2010 at 11:12 PM.

you can pick up Splintered Door of the Citadel - Item - World of Warcraft easily, a nice little upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by pkninja View Post
    you can pick up Splintered Door of the Citadel - Item - World of Warcraft easily, a nice little upgrade.
    I'm also working on that.

Eh...That shield upgrade is a pain in the ass to get. Like a 3-6% drop rate or some crap...took me 13 runs to get mine. You can to Toc10 / 25 easily and get the shield upgrades out of there. Definately need to drop that key-stone great-ring though...that thing is weak compared to the rest of your gear. Icc 10 would be doable for you as long as you make use of your cooldowns and don't wait for an "oh shit" moment.
    Noob Prot Pally - Armory

I'm 1k away from friendly for the 25 man ICC rep, so I'm just gonna try for that.

Take 1 point from Focused Rage or Shield Spec and stick it in Armored to the Teeth. Also take both points from Imp Spell Reflect and place in Improved Disciplines.

Also, get rid of Sunder and Cleave glyphs for Devastate and Shield wall. For taunt-sensitive fights, switch in Glyph of Taunt for one of those two. Glyph usage should be situational, but you should never glyph or spec for trash as a raid tank. I could see if you only ever do heroics, but as a raid tank you focus on bosses, because that's all that really matters. Otherwise, you're looking good!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    Take 1 point from Focused Rage or Shield Spec and stick it in Armored to the Teeth. Also take both points from Imp Spell Reflect and place in Improved Disciplines.

Also, get rid of Sunder and Cleave glyphs for Devastate and Shield wall. For taunt-sensitive fights, switch in Glyph of Taunt for one of those two. Glyph usage should be situational, but you should never glyph or spec for trash as a raid tank. I could see if you only ever do heroics, but as a raid tank you focus on bosses, because that's all that really matters. Otherwise, you're looking good!
    Thanks for the tips. I'll fix it when I get on later.

And I picked up the ICC ring. Next big upgrade is the 245 dodge trinket.

+ Reply to Thread