+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I've been told I'm squishy

I've been told I'm squishy

Well, either I've had tons of bad healers, or I'm doing something wrong.

Could someone critique my profile

The World of Warcraft Armory

What were you tanking when you were told you were too squishy?

I would suggest taking 2 points out of Cruelty and putting them into Improved Disciplines in addition to upgrading your gems.

Are you using your cooldowns proactively? I've started using mine a lot.

If things look dicey at all, Last Stand + Enraged Regeneration. Shield Wall is still there if I think I need it.
    Last edited by Tongues; 01-03-2010 at 09:36 PM.
    We are Bushido.
    End game progression raiding in 6 hours/week.

your gemming enchanting aren't TOO bad, but there's some gear you could switch and your spec/glyphs need work. Check the guide in my signature for spec/gemming/enchanting reasonings and such, but for you specifically:

Helm: 30 stam gem when you can
    Neck: I don't know what you have access to, but your neck is kind of meh. Might look through some gearing guides to see what you can get, but I guess it's not terrible. I might even suggest you pick up the Nexus Champion War Beads from the Saph/Maly quest. But idk, I guess your neck isn't too bad though. If you can get the one from ToC25 though, that would be ideal.
    Shoulders: Get the 30 stam/15 resil to shoulder enchant
    Cloak: 225 armor to cloak enchant, I might make this a fairly high priority item to replace with frost emblems if I were you.
    Chest: I would suggest getting Breastplate of the White Knight - Item - World of Warcraft made and gemming it with all 30 stam gems and putting 275 HP to chest enchant on it. You are way over the hit cap (263) so you really don't need all that hit from that particular BP
    Bracers: are solid
    Weapon: imo enchant it with blood draining
    Shield: I would enchant it with 18 stam if you're getting complaints of squishiness, but I get yelled at for saying that because people argue that 20 defense is better itemization than 18 stam, I personally disagree, but whatever works, it's not going to mean the difference between a kill or a wipe either way.
    Trinkets: replace essence with glyph of indominability if you can
    Boots: I pref Tuskarr's over 22 stam
    Belt: The frost emblem belt would be a very significant upgrade for you
    Gloves: I'd suggest getting ahold of some T9 gloves somehow. Also enchant them with 240 armor.

Leveling up JC will give you another 63 stam also.

Besides spec, your gear really isn't that bad, for the most part your gemming is going in the right direction. I think you may have spoiled healers that are used to 40k+hp tanks unbuffed or something. I don't see why you couldn't run any 10 man normal (though ICC might be rough) or heroic and most 25 mans (though ToC/ICC would be on the harder side).

Oh also what tongues said about cooldowns, shield block (the ability) should be one of your best friends and the ability to use your cooldowns proactively really can make a difference.
    Last edited by Aggathon; 01-03-2010 at 09:18 PM.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Thank you so very much.

I was OT dreadscale in ToC10, well I had to pop ls + er once to save my ass, but I went down below 10k hp multiple times from just ot. I just assumed my healer wasn't on the ball, but my guild leader called me squishy along with some other people so figured I'm doing some horribly wrong, all and all it just looks like I'm a little off on my gems/enchants.

again, thanks for help, i'll work on all that asap see how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by pkninja View Post
    Thank you so very much.

I was OT dreadscale in ToC10
    Were you moving out of the green clouds enough? I notice that a good chunk of pug tanks don't move dreadscale at all, or not enough.

I wouldn't get discouraged from saying "I was JUST an OT and nearly died" for ToC there really isnt a MT and OT, i mean, u are both tanking jormungars that hit hard, and if you kill acidmaw, as most do first, then dreadscale enrages and hits harder. So of course you will take more damage and need more heals then, and in that fight u were basically the MT.

Quote Originally Posted by NinetyProof View Post
    Were you moving out of the green clouds enough? I notice that a good chunk of pug tanks don't move dreadscale at all, or not enough.
    tbh was my first time doing toc10, that goo is kinda hard to see.

About my gear, should I pick up the frost emblem belt or cloak first?

Cloak. You can get a belt crafted 226 and its pretty nice. and 232 belt in toc 10 and 245 toc 25, there are plenty of options. for Cloaks, your only option is toc 25 from Jaraxxus or 2 capes in uld 10 (pugs usually dont make it to these bosses, General and Thorim, and guilds dont run it anymore because of obselete (sp?) gear) and there are 2 capes in uld 25 i believe 1 is hard mode, the other is Kolo.

Point being, that cloak is awesome for all the armor and health (EH) and the socket, and belts are more common, focus on cloak first then belt.

Will do, thanks

tbh was my first time doing toc10, that goo is kinda hard to see.
    Turn up your particle density slider in your visual effects portion of your Video options. Trust me, it helps.
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

Or just assume there is always goo under you and constantly move (unless there are melee DPS trying to DPS) circle around your healers

So I got pretty beefed up the last week, I have one final question, am I ready to tank ICC10?

So I got pretty beefed up the last week, I have one final question, am I ready to tank ICC10?
    I'd be shocked if you couldn't. Just make sure you use good cooldown management on festergut and rotface and you'll be fine. They hit pretty hard, though it's not as bad in 10 man. Gemming/enchanting is p much flawless though I still pref blood draining over bladeward, I also prefer 240 armor to 18 stam to gloves, but it's like marginally different and stam is probably more widely applicable, but meh. I'd also suggest you do a rep run for the rep ring from ICC, it's decent and definitely better than mark of the relentless.

You also still need to spec into deep wounds. For some fights it won't matter, but on those fights you'd want to go with a 5/15/51 spec anyways, so... clean up your spec and you'll be savvy. More in depth stuff about the specs are in my guide.

Overall looks pretty good.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Thank you for all the help.

I was convinced to get Blade Ward by my guild, as they said blood draining is for pvp.

Respeccing now, grabbing glove armor, than attempting to run it tonight, wish me luck

+ Reply to Thread