+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DK Survivability...Healers having trouble with me

DK Survivability...Healers having trouble with me

Hey guys im having problems tanking even in heroics, i dont know if its my spec, lack in gear or simply how im playing

what im seeing is that my health will substantualy go down in spikes and ill go from 30k hp to like 10k before a healer can heal me...it happens alot with alot of healers so im pretty sure its my problem...and im trying to fix this as well as be a better tank as i love tanking

i tend to use icebound fortitude and unbreakable amor only when these spikes happen..should i spam everytime they come up?

this is my spec...13/51/7...The World of Warcraft Armory ...i was thinking of sacrificing something for acclimation but not sure if that will do anything and want to get some advice before i do

last but not least my gear...
    heres the armory link...The World of Warcraft Armory

im running alot of heroics including pit of saron/forge of souls but im not getting into raids will if i have to im just infatuated with the new lfg...im a miner/bs please help me out guys any recomendations in anything spec/gear/anything would be greatly appreciated

let me know if u need to know my rotation

well, the spec looked decent to me.

my first thought is that you weren't actually defense-capped, but you are.

are you having these problems in all heroics, or just the new ones? even TOC represents a jump in difficulty, and the new heroics are even harder.

one thing i thought of, do you keep the mobs in front of you? you cannot parry mobs that are attacking behind you, for example. your avoidance will be better with all the mobs in front of you.

welll yeah i am having this problem in newer instances...so it must mean that my gear isn't up to those standards yet...and i do try to keep them in front at all times i knew about the parry thing

would giving acclimation a try help me out though???
    and how about...getting some more stam is there easy ways i can do this right now???

thx for the quick reply

Just seems like your gear. Gems are fine in terms of how you used your slots. A few small upgrades and you should be more than okay. The Stamina shouldn't be a huge issue as well. If you got some cash, try and grab the 245 crafted chest and bracers. They will help a bit, and other than that your gear seems fine imo. Trinkets could use an update, but once you are flying through heroics and grabbing more badge gear, trinkets will come quickly.

Also as you get better pieces try and grab some epic gems. They are not a huge deal, but in the long run can make a difference when push comes to shove imo.

Other than that, enjoy tanking and may WoW treat you a bit better. =]

Good luck,
    Fusik

--Edit--

Remember that the new heroics are a bit tougher on people. Mobs hit harder, and got some more health. They come in bigger and smaller pulls. Grab what is comfortable, and if your new to tanking try and grab a few friends or guildies and tell them you want to practice some pulls. Jump in FOS (I believe this one is the easiest, and gives the best experience for pulling mobs with control) and grab some pulls. Take it slow and then tell everyone to get ready and grab a few mobs (like 2 or 3). Having that much to deal with will help you with positioning, and overall see what's hitting you so damn hard. Practice makes perfect and let me say that with emphasis. I have been tanking for about 2 months, and cleared all the raids as a tank, but I still get friends and guildies to practice a bit, and try and grab huge pulls, to see if I can control them all, keep aggro, and keep all them in front of me. Keeps you on the edge.

Once again, Good Luck,

Fusik
    Last edited by Fusik; 01-03-2010 at 07:32 PM.

thx

Great help thx ill see if i can practice and going to farm som eternals and titanium for the chest and wrist thx again

You have a lot of ilvl 200 and 213 gear (and a few blues). Nothing wrong with that, we all start somewhere, but try to stay out of the new IC 5 mans until you can chain run enough of the original heroics to get more T9 stuff from emblems.

Seriously, just random heroic pug groups for a week, get 3-4 of the T9 items, and you'll be in much better shape for the new heroics. Your gear choices otherwise look ok, although I would also recommend moving on to epic gems as soon as you can afford it (no one gem makes a huge difference, but across your entire gear set it adds up to a lot).

thx for the epic gem tip i just bought and replaced the three stam gems but i didnt know those gems were out there back when i socketed all this gear the ones i have were the best ones but awesome just bumped up my stam by much

+ Reply to Thread