+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why im losing Threat?

Why im losing Threat?

So I’m a prot paladin my old spec was The World of Warcraft Armory
    but I change to the one I’m currently using ... my problem is I’m losing agro even with 2k- dps ... T_T , my usual rotation is: most of the time I use Seal of Vengeance and then (Avenger's Shield to pull, Holy Shield, Consecration, Judgment, Shield of Righteousness, Hammer of the Righteous )or something like that.
    Is there something i should change spec or rotation.
    Perhaps... <.< should I start getting more hit... I don’t know plz help...

Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Sorry xD

Just to get this out of the way, you have righteous fury on right? Just throwing that out there since you'd be surprised how many pallys I've seen who don't have that on and wonder wtf is happening.

5/5 Reckoning should be 5/5 Divine Strength. Strength gives us spell power shield block value and ups our swing damage Reckoning is a crap shoot chance it will help you. Dont lead with holy shield dps attack as soon as they see you pull you should open with consecrate on the mob hammer of righteous and then if you feel you have a good enough threat lead holy shield.

By your armory it looks like you also just dinged 80 take it also with a grain of salt that you are more than likely outgeared by your dps.

tnx All and yes i had righteous fury on xD but ill change that spec and see how it works

You're also missing 1 point in imporoved judgements to make the 969 rotation work out. The fact that you are missing this required point probably means you don't know how the 969 prot paladin rotation works. I'd suggest searching for that as it will help your threat gen a ton.

My first reaction is that you don't use the 969 rotation. To quickly summarize it, the idea is that you cast some abilities every 6 seconds and some every 9 seconds.
    Like Akeber says you will need a specc with 1 point in Improved Judgement.
    The 9 second abilities are Holy Shield (HS, 8 sec cooldown, but 10 sec duration), Judgement (Reduced to 9 seconds in the retri tree) and Consecration (8 seconds cooldown, but we treat it as 9 seconds).
    The 6 second abilities are Hammer of the Righteous (HotR) and Shield of Righteousness (SoR).

You want to alternate 9 second cooldowns with 6 second cooldowns, which is why the system is commonly referred to as 969, this will allow you to use all these 5 abilities as soon as they are off cooldown, it is the most efficient way to generate threat for paladins.

As you run in, get HS up, then hit the mobs with HotR, Consecration, SoR, Judgement, HotR again, HS again, SoR, Consecration etc.

The rotation is not set in stone, if you are tanking single mobs instead of groups you may want to use SoR before HotR and Judgement before Consecrate, but the idea is to always alternate 9 second cooldowns and 6 second cooldowns.

+ Reply to Thread