+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot warrior Advice

Prot warrior Advice

Was wondering on what i should look to upgrade next, i was going to aim for the t10 gloves, but i was also curious if i should replace the expertise gem in my helm, and get a different gem for socket bonus or just gem for straight stam. Its hard to fill a Yellow socket, and i dont think the 10 expertise is doing any good, im still above the dodge cap, and despite being below the parry cap (idk wat it is) i dnt think the few extra exp will make as much as a difference as other stats.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Appreciate all advice thank you

P.S. im editing my spec so and takin 3 out of tac mastery and 3 in HS, idk why i did it, it was a long time ago and i was messin around with stance dancing.

You are in your fury gear so it would be nice if you got on in your tanking gear or linked a character developer with your prot gear. Basically for your gemming gem all stamina unless the socket bonus is 9 stamina or higher in that case put in a hybrid stamina gem.

Don't worry about expertise you shouldn't be having threat problems and if you are it is most likely because of a wrong rotation. For your Emblem of Frost gear since you didn't link your armory it is hard to tell but a general way to do it is

1. Offset Belt

2.Offset Cloak

3.Offset Gloves

4. Offset Chest

5. T10 Shoulders

6. T10 Helm

7. Crafted Legs

8. Crafted Boots

9. Trinket

The T10 gloves are a really bad pick as your first choise since the offset gloves are miles better and if you are going for the two piece the shoulders and helm are the best designed since they don't have any offset or crafted emblem pieces that are clearly better.

Sorry about that, i WAS in tank gear but without even thinking about it i logged out as dps after some questing last night. Sorry, try now.

Everything looks fine for your enchants.

Should i replace gem in my helm? instead of expertise, its yellow, and that is hard to fill for hybrid. And what upgrades would you suggest next from Frost?

Quote Originally Posted by DimetrisDoA View Post
    Should i replace gem in my helm? instead of expertise, its yellow, and that is hard to fill for hybrid. And what upgrades would you suggest next from Frost?
    Nice gear. For yellows I like to gem Vivid Eye of Zul - Item - World of Warcraft: +10Hit/+15STA. Your hit is pretty low at 119, so I would gem for that.

There are a few posts on Emblems of Frost priority but the top three at the moment are the belt, gloves, and cape. The helm and chest are both uber as well but you want to look at what the biggest upgrades for YOU are. You have quite a bit of 25man TotCrusader gear so for you I'd look at the gloves. I'm still using the Black Heart (like you) and am considering the Trinket for my 2nd Emblem of Frost purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by DimetrisDoA View Post
    For the gem, I'd say re-enchant it to 10def/15 stam. As much as I love me some stam, 10 def is probably worth a sac of only 3 stam.

As for frost order, krc already gave you a list that I'd also agree with, go with the belt next (since you already got cloak first).

Edit: I also disagree with Apollo, don't gem for hit... like... ever...
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Yeah threat isnt a problem for me i pull aggro on Saurfang and Marrowgar by just spamming devastate and HS, so i dont need expertise or hit, plus i eat hit food as a little boost. I like the Black Heart, i dont consider it a ilvl 200 because it is great for EH, but i do want a stam trinket, juggernaut REFUSES to drop, ive never seen it drop and my guild has done toc 25 since the very first week it was released, well, since August i should say. Forlorn barrier hasn't dropped either, and i need a stam trinket to replace black heart, i was thinking of grabbing the 50 badge trink, it is nice, and if i could manage to do toc 25 tonight before the reset i MAY get juggernaut and that would definetly switch up my priorities. But as of now, should i go for the trink or just get offset gloves or something. I dont want to upgrade belt immediately because it is really nice and not my weakest point on gear.

I still say the belt is the bigger upgrade for you, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at you for doing gloves first, I can understand it especially considering the iLevel. They're both great upgrades.

See the thing is, even if the frost badge trinket is better for you now, it will be a long time if ever that you replace the belt and gloves. They're just too good. There are a lot of trinkets that could drop that are better for you than the frost badge one, you'll probably get more mileage out of the belt and gloves.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

I haven't looked at the loot table for ICC 10, is there any trinkets available from 1st wing? and the 2nd, since i do believe the 2nd wing is being released tomorrow, my guild hasnt even attempted 25 because of the holidays.
    But i do see what you mean by thinking long term, you're right. so by getting offspec gloves and chest, im assuming the 4pc set isnt good? i thought the BR dmg absorb would be AWESOME

The 4pc set bonus isn't special if you like how much armor you lose trying to get it. It could be good situationally for any future bosses we might see but for now forget it.

@ trinkets

Unidentifiable Organ, perhaps?

And there is a heroic version. Yummy, to be sure.

Check out http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/5...ses-worth.html

In 10 man a VERY nice trinket drops: Unidentifiable Organ - Item - World of Warcraft

You'll probably get very high proc rates off of this trinket in ICC, and the faster the boss's swing timer is, the better it becomes. Even if you're only getting hit twice every 10 seconds (which at a 2 second swing timer, you'd get swung at 5 times and at ~40% avoidance, miss+dodge+parry in ICC, you'd average about 3 times every 10 seconds, so you have a really small chance it wouldn't proc). At full stacks the non heroic version is 1890 armor and 240 stamina. Even if you only get a couple procs, it becomes more EH than pretty much every trinket out there.

Edit: damn you guys are fast today, I keep getting like 2-3 people posting before I can get my post off!

I would love that trinket, never been a fan of being a stam sponge but ive been going for EH and have been accused of being a "stam sponge", but i always have and always will stack EH over avoidance. i mean, with the chill of the throne, what is the point of trying to stack avoidance?

Also, should i gem 10 dodge 15 stam in chest and legs instead of the 30 stam? i would take 120 health over 20 dodge because of the -20% debuff. Or maybe get 10 parry 15 stam?? i know NEVER to gem for parry but never understood why, i'm often questioned as to why i dont gem for parry for ICC, i just say gemming for parry is bad, they ask why and i just say the amount of parry:1% is steep and the DR is longer than Dodge ( totally making that up) can anyone clarify that?

Actually EH isn't any more or less valuble with chill but the bosses are still designed the way they were earlier in the expansion by killing you with a high percentage of unavoidable burst making EH the clear favorite.

For your chest and legs I would put in a hybrid gem since a general rule is to gem 30 stamina unless the socket bonus is 9 stamina or higher. You shouldn't gem for parry because of how diminishing returns affect it and you will get a bigger gain overall in avoidance with dodge. The difference was made smaller in patch 3.1 or 3.2 don't remember.

The chest and legs have 9 stam socket bonuses, but i dont tank anything but ToC and ICC, and i think that the 12 more stam would be better than 20 dodge in those scenario's

And yea i completely understand what you are saying about parry, i think the same way, alot of people think its worth it cause it refreshes ur melee swing timer.

+ Reply to Thread