+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Im taking really hard damage?

Im taking really hard damage?

Hello everyone.

I'm just curious, because healers is blaming me for taking really much damage, especially in the ToGC Northrend Beasts encounter, i almost die when Gormok casts an impale on me.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Look on my stats and on my specc, got anything to add please do :-)
    " I never think of the future, it comes soon enough"
    - Albert Einstein.

I'm no expert on DKs, but there are a few things that stand out about your gearing. First, don't gear for avoidance or hit rating.

You should replace your two avoidance trinkets with some stamina trinkets. You should replace your hit rating gems with stamina gems.

I don't know what your HP totals will be with frost presence on, but 31k unbuffed HP is very low to be doing ToGC Northrend Beasts. You really should be closer to 38k unbuffed to do that encounter comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Reev View Post
    You should replace your two avoidance trinkets with some stamina trinkets. You should replace your hit rating gems with stamina gems.
    Im about to replace the unused gems, the hit rating.

And yes you are correct about the low stamina, im thinking of using the stamina trinkets from brewfest during the ToGC encounter, just to get my stamina up.

But on standing foot im currently raiding ICC and the trinkets ive got on now, feels better to use in Gunship battle and on Saurfang, havent done Lord Marrowgar or Lady Deathwhisper with this gear yet.
    Last edited by Wesarp; 12-31-2009 at 07:05 PM.
    - Albert Einstein.

The first and most obvious question for me is what on earth is going on with your spec?

Are you seriously trying to tank ICC as blood spec, without will of the necropolis while dual wielding tank weapons with such helpful glyphs as Glyph of Scourge Strike, Ghoul and Icy Touch? Because if so I'm honestly not surprised you're struggling. Seems like the most bizarre mishmash of spec gear and purpose I've ever seen.

If you want to DW go frost and spec for it, and get 2 DPS weapons, pref 2.6 style. If you want to tank as blood then get yourself a good 2hander and go for it. Nerves of Cold Steel AND 2H weapon spec in the same spec? Seriously? Are you a Titan Gripping fury warrior?

My current blood spec is Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft it's fairly cookie cutter, but I've never had any complaints about survivability or anything except tanking Muradin for the "I'm on a boat" achieve.

I would suggest picking DW or 2H and then picking your spec accordingly, and then GLYPH FOR IT! Less schizophrenic specing

Also I would note that your gear is fairly marginal for ICC10 so you will be fairly squishy for it. Not unhealable by any means but you're about on the line it's tuned for and so you are going to be that little bit harder to keep up.

Sorry for the slight stream of consciousness style of post, hope you can extract some help out of it!

Yes, i know my specc is a little wierd, ive been playing ALOT with both DPS and Tank specc's and havent got the time to change glyphs.. And also, i dont know what my taught was when i putted both DW and Two Hand talents in my specc.

Yes my taught is to tank with Two Hander, i just havent got the right drop for it yet, hoping for it soon to drop.

Thanks for the help :-p
    - Albert Einstein.

Mourning Malice - Item - World of Warcraft From Regular Halls of Reflection makes a nice farmable 2H tanking weapon with all that Expertise on it.

+ Reply to Thread