+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trinket choice.

Trinket choice.

HI there!

Ive been doing some reading on the site about trinkets. The trinket choices, dont seem to be very consistent.

My question :

I am a PROT paladin. (well atleast for OS ). currently, im wearing the Brewfest trinkets x2.

In inventory, I have elrights oath (HC10version), blood of onyxia, and the glyph.

The talented Argent defender makes me suspect that stamina is even more valuated than for most other tank classes. Is glyph of indo still better for me for heavy physcial fights ICC is currently providing?

Litotes

Go with The Glyph of Indom and the Brewfest trinket, just becaues of how the majority of bosses are designed EH trinkets are favored compared to avoidance trinkets, this combo is even better if you compare Etrigg's proc to the Glyph's on use. Save Etrigg and the Ony trinket for Saurfang and Gunship Captain. I would reccomend gethe Black Heart to replace the Brewfest trinket, its incredible proc makes it much better in terms of EH.

Does it means, That both eitrigs oath(hc) and the ony trinket are favoured above the glyph in fights like saurfang?

Eitrigs oath/Ony trinket > Glyph in heavy melee fights?

(current : http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...rogg&n=Litotes )
    Last edited by Litotes; 01-02-2010 at 09:34 AM.

What he meant is that avoidance trinkets are an option if getting hit has disadvantages like the gunship captains getting a +10% damage buff each time they connect. This actually doesn't apply for Saurfang because Mark of the Fallen Champion damage triggers anyway, even if the tank avoids the melee strike.

No Etrigg/ Ony > Glyph on Gunship because of the debuff he has when he makes contact and acutally yes Saurfang's Mark of the Fallen Champion will deal 5,000 damage to the player with the Mark when ever the tank is hit and when ever the player with the Mark dies he gains 5% of his hp.

For physical fights like Marrowgar the Glyph is better because its armor is worth around 160-165 stamina and it has a great on use. Think about it on Marrowgar, if you recieve 3 hits without heals you are going to die so if you stack avoidance you are praying to the RNG gods that you avoid attacks in that situation instead of having a reliable contant buffer.

Is this totally ignoring any calculations done about stamina value concerning Argende defender? (EH during AD) I reckon ED makes stamina valuated differently.

This a standard warrior EH calculation but I don't think that AD would really make a difference if you are comparing armor to avoidance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dots View Post
    This actually doesn't apply for Saurfang because Mark of the Fallen Champion damage triggers anyway, even if the tank avoids the melee strike.
    I'm fairly certain that's inaccurate. If the melee strike is avoided he doesn't gain extra BP and also fairly certain that the ranged don't take the damage. Can you prove this with logs or anything, because if you can I'm willing to concede because most of the time I'm doing the fight I'm far more worried about making sure I get my taunts off properly, rotation, debuffs, add timers so I don't accidentally tclap them, etc than I am about when exactly he gains the BP.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Just about any log will do, I randomly picked one from WoL:
    World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

Copy/paste this query set and run it:
    [{"spellNames": ["Mark of the Fallen Champion"]}, {"eventTypes": [1, 2], "targetNames": ["Tarilya"]}, {"eventTypes": [1, 2], "targetNames": ["Mīssgunst"]}]

Quote Originally Posted by Dots View Post
    Just about any log will do, I randomly picked one from WoL:
    World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis

Copy/paste this query set and run it:
    [{"spellNames": ["Mark of the Fallen Champion"]}, {"eventTypes": [1, 2], "targetNames": ["Tarilya"]}, {"eventTypes": [1, 2], "targetNames": ["Mīssgunst"]}]
    WOW, Fascinating...

Well... screw avoidance then, I'm stackin' for my survivability.

Thank you for pointing this out sir, there are a LOT of threads out there and a lot of tanks (obviously myself was included) that have fallen under that false assumption. Mayhaps we can work towards dispelling this myth... or something.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

+ Reply to Thread