+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some Advice wanted

Some Advice wanted

Right then, im a complete and utter noob when it comes to DPS warriors.... I leveled my warrior as a mix of Fury and Tanking but while fury i just kind of winged it and mashed buttons in the hope that they would hurt things.... as a tank i was fairly good.

After finally getting my warrior to 80 and doing some runs to get some tanking gear i decided to switch to a paladin and then leveled a paladin to 80 and took it holy/prot... played that for quite a while... but now ive decided to switch back to my warrior and do some damage instead of tanking for a change.

My warrior got server changed and faction changed as i was playing with my brother and a friend on another server and could not be bothered to level another warrior.

Now heres my armory link The World of Warcraft Armory
    As you can see my gear is fairly pants but thats because it was never ever played as DPS... i kinda gathered the odd bit here and there and kept it just incase.

My Rotation is WW - BT - Slam (if blood surge procs) - BT - Repeat

I throw the odd HS and Cleave in if im around 75-100 rage

Now for the questions...

#1 Is fury better than arms for dps?
    #2 Is my fury spec fine as its a variation on thegreatme's one from his dps warrior video (im not rage starved unless i mess my rotation up)
    #3 What badge items should i be buying? ive totally lost touch with whats what as i havent played in months.
    #4 any advice you can give me would be great

Thank you

Arms starts out stronger than fury but fury tends to scale a little better with gear, due to having two 2 handed weapons. That being said the difference is small enough to be pointless so long as you're playing to your maximum potential, so why not take the one you enjoy more? I've never played Arms before but from what I've heard its a much more active rotation than fury.

As for your spec, I see nothing wrong with it. I actually tweaked my spec and rotation based on thegreatme's guide and noticed an improvement. I was going BT > WW instead of the other way around and losing quite a bit of dps. If you're following his guide you're probably doing ok.

Gear/Advice - Best thing you can do right now is get your expertise up as its really low. Once you hit 25-26 expertise skill (214 rating) stack strength and crit and you're golden.

I don't play my warrior as Fury much anymore, but if you're following the advice in Thegreatme's video you should be fine (your rotation/spec seems good).

In terms of what you should upgrade first with Emblems, T9 is the obvious choice, but in all honesty, I would try picking up anything with Expertise on it as you are sitting at around 7 right now and 26 is the soft cap.

Well i had 50 emblems saved up so i went and bought myself the legs as they have expertise raiting on them currently sat at 16 expertise now just need abit more

Thanks guys... nice to know i was heading along the right path anyway

#1 Is fury better than arms for dps?

it really depends on the fight, but in the same gear and skill level they should do comparable dmg.

#2 Is my fury spec fine as its a variation on thegreatme's one from his dps warrior video (im not rage starved unless i mess my rotation up)

looks fine to me. when i go fury i dont take commanding presence since we usually have a ret so i use 5/5 uw and a point in anger management to help with rage gen.

#3 What badge items should i be buying? ive totally lost touch with whats what as i havent played in months.

the 60 vcalor bracers are nice since they have expertise that you need. you can prolly find someone willing to use their badges to buy them for you for about 400g. buy the t9 helm and chest asap for your 4pc and the better stats than what you are using now. banner of victory from reg toc 5 man and mirrior of truth are very easy to get trinkets and will last you awhile. if you have the gold buy a nobles deck, its bis until 25 totgc death's choice. h toc 5 man for some edge of ruins will be huge upgrades for you.

#4 any advice you can give me would be great

just keep grinding badges and your gear will get better. it will take time, but one day you'll get there.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Again, thank you for the helpful reply thats helped a great deal

You can also go into H PoS to farm up the 2H axe out of there which is a bit better than the Edge Of Ruin thanks to a handy Gem slot!
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread