+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot Pally trinkets and Shield Block Rating

Prot Pally trinkets and Shield Block Rating

Hey all

I have 2 questions to begin with

First is shield block rating. Why is there very little gear that has shield raring on it? Is it going soon or something. in the past the tiar gear had block rating on it. Now it seems to not have any. To keep my raing at even 15% i am using a blue trinket .. and that brings me onto my next question.. trinkets..

Are there any easy places to get them? The triamph badge trinket blows IMHO. here is a link to my tank. i have not raided since Naxx 25.. been doing ony 10 and first ICC boss 10 man as well. what raids should I be able to tank in my current gear and also were would some good trinkets be. Prob ones that have block rating on.

3rd one .. with what I have should ICC 10 man be ok to be doing atm. as i said I have done the first boss no real problems except people not killing spikes fast enough.

4th defence over 540. I have heard many thoughts on this. some people say no point having more than 540. other seem to say that it helps parry/dodge/block for all points over 540

Sorry for all the questions but I am stuck atm.

Oh my total avoidance is 26% dodge + 15% block + 20% parry + the 10% base for the raid boss to miss (i think) so thats what.. 71% +30% from rightious shield thingo.. is that or.. any gem ideas chants would be great. I have no real threat issues except from a Kitty and only when I am tanking with Wisdom due to for some reason not holding enough mana at times :/

Regards
    Maj

Shield block is mostly useless for raids. I would block 2K damage from a 28K hit. Only place it shines is heroics where it would nearly remove an attack off the board. Going into ICC i would drop the shield trinket and pick up a stam or at the very least and avoidence trinket.

Get Black Heart from reg ToC and then save up for the Frost badge trinket that will help you the most.

Your tanking stats look fine the only thing you need to up is your Health pool which if you go for stam trinkets you will be ok. Also your spec needs some cleaning up. All you need is 1 point in Spiritual Attunement having more is just a waste and helps promote bad tanking habits. 2 points in Stoicism is another waste this is a PVP talent if dps pull off you because you are stunned is their fault not yours, you shouldnt be using your points to compensate for their poor playing.

What you want to do is go down ret tree and get crusade or max out seals of the pure you can get the points out of divinity or divine sac/guard. You also need to get tuskarrs vitality or pursuit of justice (every member of a raid should move faster than normal movement speed hardly any encounter will you just stand and nuke).

Nothing wrong with more defense it still ups your dodge, parry, shield block and miss chance. I wouldnt actively go gemming for it unless you have a yellow socket with a 12 stam bonus but you could also go hit at the same time as well. For Red you want to go dodge dont gem parry since it has a higher diminishing return than dodge. General rule of thumb gem straight stam unless the bonus is 12 stam.

Sorry for the long post hope i covered your question let me know if you have more questions or want to discuss my input more thoroughly.

Cool. I will change out the gems for +30 .. and i just aquired a bunch of +10/15 def/stam gems last night LOL got to the last boss in ICC 10 as OT. was quite fun. going to farm TOC normal tonight for that trinket and that frost trinket was my next port of call. The tank we had last night was prot pally with 50k buffed health! Most i have seen a tank have!

Ok i will change my tree about tonight. yeah I have always had the stun thing in there to take into account the idiots

thank you very much for taking the time to reply.

1 other thing is Feral droods. does anyone has issues with them? I have a guild mate on aman'thul called Amorisa.. it is VERY hard to keep threat with him :/ he pulls about 4+k dps in heroics.. i have tanked with a 5k mage and lock with less problems :/

Thanks

Maj

Just for giggles my guild's bear hit 60K HP in 25 ICC tonight, it was a jaw dropping moment for me.

Depends at which point he pulls aggro and if he was assisting. If he pulled right off the bat its his fault hands down, tank didnt have enough time to build aggro or he laid into a target that the tank wasnt focusing on. If it was in the middle of a fight on the tanks target then the tank has a poor threat rotation or he outgears the tank. Im not quite sure why he pulls since he should cower before that happens just like a good hunter will feign before he gets waxed but then again i can fall back on the tanks arent maxing their threat potential.

na he build up threat so damn fast. its all his bleeds and whatnot :/ my tps os fine.. for ages on my DK i had issues with him until I got the macros right. I find in dungons I have to judge with wisdom.. in raid I am fine though and judge with vegence. he does not like using cower.. he says it breaks his rotations etc but to my thoughts death would break it more lol

You should judge light in a raid, reason being is we need the health return more than anyone else in the raid and its best we are in control of its uptime than someones else. Judge wisdom in dungeons like you have since mana return is hard to come by in there.

Personally i think your friend needs to stop caring about big numbers and start playing properly. They gave cats a good aggro dump not for o snap moments but because they are capable of pulling big threat. Just like hunters who dont feign a good cat will die if he doesnt aggro manage. Ultimately a RL looks at who is left alive after a kill and then at damage numbers.

+ Reply to Thread