+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My Hunters DPS

My Hunters DPS

Hello there ive Been playing WoW for about 2 months and have a lvl 80 Hunter and am concerned i may not be getting a good amount of dps out of my character...

Stats
    Gearscore 4929
    Dmg 1748-1946 dps 754.8
    Speed 2.45 Haste= 217
    Agility 1528
    Stamina 1364
    Intellect 541
    Attack P 5700
    Hit Rating 7% +1 into FAim
    Crit 43.48
    ArP 376

If im attacking the Heroic Training Dummy in Org I get about 3.0k-3.5 Dps on my recount.... Im Specd as a Survival Hunter 1/19/51 but also have MM but i seem to get like 500 dps less on mm....... Is my dps about right??? what can i do to improve on my DPS

Well first things first, no person is going to be able to offer the best advice without an armory link. With that we are able to see what gear you have, and look at your spec, among other things. So if youre able to in a reply, post a link.

The next thing is right off the bat, I can tell you that your SV (survival) spec isnt optimal, just by looking at your point spread. Because i cant look at your spec I cant really recommend where to move points around but Im guessing BECAUSE youre improperly spec'd youre losing DPS there.

Another possibility is rotational/priority problems. Keeping your shots on CD in the proper priority is a big deal as with any DPS class.

There is a guide on this site, in this DPS forum for hunters, though last I checked it hasnt been updated for 3.3. There arent a lot of changes for hunters though. You should also go pour over Elitist Jerks hunter forums. Theres a LOT of information, some of it superfluous if youre not deeply interested in theorycrafting. Read their guides too.

This is a link to my hunter. Please forgive second trinket. I just rerolled a month ago. :-) Havent gotten a better one. I play MM as a main spec so my rotation is different but I started on SV. Check my SV spec. I spec'd fully into Careful Aim because I run with less hit on my gear. If you dont spec into it you can move points over into the SV tree probably into Hunting Party or Resourcefulness.

The World of Warcraft Armory

Hope that helps. Link your armory and Ill dole out whatever more advice I can.

-LoD
    The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.

The World of Warcraft Armory

i dont care if im a survival or mm i just want to max dps thnx mainly 4 pve raids

Personal Armory lookups and evaluations belong in the HALP! forum.

Moved.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

First your spec, I see youve adopted the 7/57/7 MM spec. Good. Thats the best possible spec for MM right now according to EJ and what they say is pretty much law.

Second, your gemming. Drop the 20 crit gem for 10 agi/10 crit. Its a far superior gem. If you want to match yellow sockets, use that one, not the 20 crit. For blue socked use a Nightmare Tear which is +10 to all stats. Change your meta gem from whatever you have now, I dont even know the name, to the Relentless Earthsiege Diamond; its stats are 21 agi (which gives you a bit of crit and AP) and +3% to crit damage. Along with that matching sockets for bonuses is very rarely worth it. Most of the time youll want to stack either 20 agi or 20 ArP gems depending on your gear set up.

Enchanting. None of your items are enchanted except your cloak, your weapon, and your pants. Go grind Sons of Hodir rep for the shoulder enchant or drop mining and pick up inscription for the enhanced shoulder enchants. For you helm keep championing heroics with the Ebon Blade tunic on. Its quick.

For you chest, get +10 stats. Wrists get 50 AP. Hands use your engineering ability to do the +haste for 12 second thing. I dont remember what its called. Your belt needs the buckle for the extra gem slot. Your boots need either Icewalker (usually only if youre under the hit cap) or 32 AP. Then put Massacre (110 AP) on your melee weapon.

Hope that helps.

-LoD
    The weather is here, wish you were beautiful.

+ Reply to Thread