+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thinking to much like a druid while gearing my warrior, armor on rings

Thinking to much like a druid while gearing my warrior, armor on rings

OK, so having been playing my druid for so long I still think like him while playing my warrior, or ARMOR > ALL.

So naturally the MT in my warriors guild is a druid also so he agrees with me, gearing a warrior after playing a druid just doesn't make sense.

Item Comparison Tool - World of Warcraft

560 armor vs 40 stam 2 def 3 dodge and 48 parry

Armor is amazing, but 40 stamina is a crapton, not even taking into account the other stats. I'd go with the other ring, not the clutch. What are you using for your second ring?

10 heroic twins ring

Armor on rings (and trinkets, and necklaces, and bonus armor on other slots) is just as good for a warrior tank as for a druid, since it isn't affected by dire bear form.

Juggernaut is quite a bit better for burst survival time at a rather low EH cost, so I would go with that one.

Run the EHP calcs to be sure, but I think 528 Armor is about 50 stams worth in armor. Clutch might still be better. If so then for an all physical attack use clutch, but I imagine anything not mitigatible then juggernaut's band is better.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

If it's a pure physical fight and threat isn't an issue at all, I use the onyxia25 ring and twins10 heroic ring. Rarely use clutch anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksend View Post
    OK, so having been playing my druid for so long I still think like him while playing my warrior, or ARMOR > ALL.

So naturally the MT in my warriors guild is a druid also so he agrees with me, gearing a warrior after playing a druid just doesn't make sense.

Item Comparison Tool - World of Warcraft

560 armor vs 40 stam 2 def 3 dodge and 48 parry
    Someone on mmo champion said (for progression fights) 10 armor = 1 stam > everything else.

In your comparison, that would put the clutch over the juggernaut band.
    Last edited by delor; 01-04-2010 at 07:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by delor View Post
    Someone on mmo champion said (for progression fights) 10 armor = 1 stam > everything else.

In your comparison, that would put the clutch over the juggernaut band, however, you forgot to mention the socket on the Juggernaut band. The socket makes the Juggernaut band vastly superiour in terms of EHP.
    There is already a 30 stamina gem in the ring to get to those values.

That said, EHP isn't everything, especially if it's only working for physical attacks.

Kinda missed that, anyway, the old rule applies, use the avoidance higher hp ring when you need avoidance and more hp, use the armor ring when you need armor
    Last edited by delor; 01-04-2010 at 07:31 AM.

+ Reply to Thread