+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What dungeon/raid do you want back for Cataclysm?

What dungeon/raid do you want back for Cataclysm?

Just did AQ40 today, love that instance, especially the Twins fight, had a horrible group who didn't know the tactics; the other tank kept bringing the bosses closer beside each other fortunately a Warlock took some initiative, tanked the other boss AWAY from myself(and my target) so the half-dead group managed to down the boss.

The look of the place, I know it's old, graphically not as nice as Ulduar, but it still has it's own style, wouldn't mind spending my raid nights there as opposed to Ulduar or Naxxramas. Also, the whole Opening of the Gates event seemed something worth being a part of, nothing like that these days.
    It's something I really hope they bring back to WoW, less of the Titan themed instances please.
    The Ashbringer...

Molten Core.

Or BWL, but they already said they're making a new Blackrock raid.

I always loved UBRS. ZG was cool too.

Heroic Deadmines.

Even though we all grew to hate it because we ran it so much, karazhan was by farm the most fun iv ever had in a 10 man and i wouldnt hate to see it back again.

Quote Originally Posted by squats View Post
    Even though we all grew to hate it because we ran it so much, karazhan was by farm the most fun iv ever had in a 10 man and i wouldnt hate to see it back again.
    There used to be word of an upside-down Karazhan, where everything would just be a crazier version of the current instance.
    In fact, the base of it is in the game, just never furnished and painted...
    It would technically be something 'new', if they did decide to add it in.
    The Ashbringer...

It's in the lore

Gnomeregan as a raidinstance. I've had so much fun there. You would need a pretty pro group to do it when you were in the intended level range. Frustrating often but when you managed to find that rare party that managed, it was a fun time.

That place is huge.

I would like to see Upper Blackrock Spire back since dungeon set raiding, well was the first raiding I ever did and had a great experience from it. Blackwing Lair was an amazing raid instance and a great intoduction into true fight complexity. Onyxia's Lair was another great encounter. Zul'Gurub could be a realy amazing raid instance with all of Blizzards new mechanics in their repitiore. Temple of Ahn'Qiraj was nice but I believe Ruins was the best raid instance I have raided out all games that I have ever played.

I don't have many fond memories of content from vanilla, but if I had to pick an old instance to make into a raid it would be Mauradon. I just liked the atmosphere and the idea of battling a giant croc under-water with 25 players is interesting.

I would love to see SM set up as a raid.

None. I want new ones.

(Sergeras would be cool as a boss)

Quote Originally Posted by Tecl´s View Post
    None. I want new ones.

(Sergeras would be cool as a boss)
    Agree with this.

If I had to pick though I'd probably choose Deadmines and/or Scarlet Monastery.

Zul'Scarlet Monstary ftw!
    The Ashbringer...

I think it would be fun to have heroic versions of every single dungeon made for 80's. That way there would be much more variety cause I miss the old dungeons and the BC dungeons i never got to do.

As for raids, I would love a blackrock raid of some sort. That whole area is my favorite. Blackrock depths is the coolest dungeon...too bad it takes so long!

Quote Originally Posted by Reikk View Post
    I think it would be fun to have heroic versions of every single dungeon made for 80's. That way there would be much more variety cause I miss the old dungeons and the BC dungeons i never got to do.

As for raids, I would love a blackrock raid of some sort. That whole area is my favorite. Blackrock depths is the coolest dungeon...too bad it takes so long!
    Heroic Mara.

Kill me now.

BWL or AQ40

I like challenging trash, something completely missing from the current game. I prefer coordination fights to tank-n-spank burndown races. Both instances had a good variety of both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalken View Post
    "I'll let the dragon hit me in the face, you stab it in the ass."

Quote Originally Posted by Reikk View Post
    Yeah a heroic BRD, with revamped bosses and updated graphics design would be a blast... for me at least. I liked the bitwise approach of doing BRD. As long as you weren't trying to clear the place you could be in and out in reasonable amount of time. Why I liked it is that it had a "raid" (epic) feel to it but you could do it with 5 people. You were like 5 commandos infiltrating a hostile environment.

With the original design intentions of the Nerubian cities that resulted in OK and AN, I was hoping for something like BRD.
    "Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous." - T. P.

Dead Scarlet Monestary Mines of Gnomereggan!

blackrock depths, but even BIGGER
    XÝanth <Valkyria>

+ Reply to Thread